Catsailor.com

Anyone know Office 2000?

Posted By: Anonymous

Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/14/08 07:27 PM

Gang:

Can't get it to save documents to CD/DVD drive from Office 2000. Says I don't have rights to E:\ folder, contact administrator. I AM the administrator and only user on computer. Use to work before. I have tried reloading BOTH XP and Office a few times. I can write to drive fine from all other programns. Windows wants $50 just to talk. Can anyone help?

Doug
Posted By: Banzilla

Re: Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/14/08 07:40 PM

have you tried saving the document to the My Documents folder and then copying it to the cd?

You might have to close word because the system thinks you have the file locked.

Are you sure the CD is good?

Sam

Re: Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/14/08 08:18 PM

I can get the files to the disk using My Computer or Total Commander, that is not the problem. Office is the problem, need it to work.

Doug
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/14/08 08:38 PM

Its probably the disc, try a different one
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/14/08 08:44 PM

never mind.. but would still try using another disc just to see
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/14/08 08:49 PM

Google is your best friend. If you can't find it using Google it can't be done. Well, that's not totally true but it's pretty close.

You could also try posting the question on TechNet (Microsoft's support forum), you might want to do a search before asking though. Techy types get a bit uppity when you don't RTFM or do an internet search first. Some of them can be real a$$holes.
Posted By: Rolf_Nilsen

Re: Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/14/08 08:50 PM

Why do you need Office to save directly to the DVD drive?
If copying files to the drive triggers the burning function in software and hardware it sounds like everything is as it should be. Are you certain Office2000 CAN save directly to the DVD drive? It might be that your hardware needs a special driver which dont permit that kind of functionality.
I never tried and never needed the kind of functionality you describe so I dont know for sure.
Posted By: Tri_X_Troll

Re: Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/15/08 11:49 PM

Is the original file on a network resource? If so, it's possible that windoz thinks another user (yourself) has the file open and won't let you save it....

This can happen if you've changed a password recently and haven't logged out and back in since the password change.

Re: Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/16/08 02:05 AM

Saved on my hard drive. Use to work before I had to reformat drive. Nothing different than before and I have reloaded both program to see if that was it after totally remove Office
Posted By: rexdenton

Re: Anyone know Office 2000? - 08/16/08 09:42 AM

Sounds like a ROM driver bug. Try looking for a driver update for your CD/DVD ROM.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums