Catsailor.com

Looking for Lake Norman Cat Sailors (Troutman, NC)

Posted By: vhorner12

Looking for Lake Norman Cat Sailors (Troutman, NC) - 09/07/08 02:02 PM

I recently got a Hobie Getaway and I'm interested in getting in touch with other cat sailors in the Troutman/Statesville area who would like to get together from time to time for sailing, tinkering with boats, or shooting the breeze about sailing. I can't really travel around because I haven't got a trailer (which incidently I'm looking to find a good used deal on - same with a set of cat trax). I can also crew and may be looking for crew at times. Please respond to this thread, by PM, or email to shorner1(AT)triad.rr.com. See you around.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Looking for Lake Norman Cat Sailors (Troutman, NC) - 09/07/08 04:01 PM

You could find a big huge slew of them RIGHT NOW up at the Lake Norman Yacht Club ... there's a regatta called CatFest going on this weekend there.
Posted By: vhorner12

Re: Looking for Lake Norman Cat Sailors (Troutman, NC) - 09/09/08 01:58 AM

Thanks for the tip. We stopped by and met up with some people at the regatta but everyone we met was from out of town and had traveled over.
Posted By: FasterDamnit

Re: Looking for Lake Norman Cat Sailors (Troutman, NC) - 09/09/08 02:22 AM

I live in Charlotte but the boat is down on Lake Murray. It will be making more trips up here.
Posted By: Special_Treat_P182

Re: Looking for Lake Norman Cat Sailors (Troutman, NC) - 09/09/08 03:28 PM

I'm in Mooresville. I struggle to find sailing time, but have had a Prindle 18.2 for the past 10 years and have been sailing cats for the past 25 years. I'm always looking for crew/to-be-crew. I single-hand my 18.2 a lot which can be a lot of work and not all that much "fun".

You can shoot me an e-mail at rightclick@mi-connection.com
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums