Catsailor.com

New and "Improved" forum

Posted By: Mike Fahle

New and "Improved" forum - 10/14/08 11:46 PM

If I log in to use the forum then I cannot read the posts in "flat" form which is my preference. I CAN do that if I do not log in. Is there something I am missing or is this a problem with the system?
Posted By: popeyez7

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/15/08 12:01 AM

I had the same trouble.. contact Rick
Thanks Rick~~~ It's workin now~~ YYAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/15/08 02:40 AM

At the top, you see the Topic Options button. Click it, "read in flat mode"
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/15/08 03:45 AM

I couldn't post earlier, and when I logged in couldn't view any forums! Seems to be working now.
Posted By: Brian_Mc

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/15/08 03:48 AM

The previous post was mine. Is it really more secure if you can post without registering?
Posted By: Codblow

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/15/08 07:57 AM

oops
Posted By: David_Nolte

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/15/08 11:54 AM

What is flat form? What other type of form is there? thanks.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/15/08 12:05 PM

Theres threaded mode that kinda splits the forum into different "forks" based on what post people replied to. For this forum, flat mode is probably easier to read.
Posted By: Tri_X_Troll

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/16/08 03:10 AM

Looks great and seems to work great. Only thing that I would possibly suggest changing are the groupings on the main forum page. It seems to eat up a lot of page space with each "boat" having it's own catagory. Perhaps something like this would work.....Even that is pretty minor. The great new features far outweigh this.
Posted By: Tri_X_Troll

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/16/08 03:15 AM

Well heck. Just switching it to "watched forums" mode seems to work out pretty well. I like that.
Posted By: David Parker

Re: New and "Improved" forum - 10/16/08 07:49 PM

Quirk of the new forum:

If you log in and go to the page with the listing of all of the forums it used to show you if there are new posts on that forum (in red in parenthesis) . It no longer does that. Now you have to go to each forum of interest to check if there is a new post. If any THREAD has a new post you WILL see it there (in red in parenthesis) .
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums