http://www.tybee500.com
Posted By: mikekrantz

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/17/08 02:32 PM

I just filled out our entry form.

Any other F18's up for it?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: NCSUtrey

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/17/08 04:53 PM

Velocity Sailing is running 4 boats this year, including 1 F18.

Posted By: acceleratedchaos

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/17/08 06:09 PM

The New England contingent is planning on having at least 5 boats, 3 or 4 of which will be F18's.
Posted By: TeamChums

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/17/08 06:10 PM

I spoke with Chris Green the other night and he expressed great interest in coming back with his Tiger. Looks like we'll be double stacking for another trip to Fl. I hope Chris's wife isn't reading this. I hope there will be a good F18 turn out. They do very well in the Great Texas Race (wich can get pretty reachy with chutes).
Posted By: Jake

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/17/08 06:32 PM

Team Seacats is bringing two Nacra 20 teams this year! This is going to be a great year!
Posted By: wildtsail

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/17/08 06:47 PM

Nobody better point this thread out to Mike! I'm using his boat and if he sees this he might change his mind!

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/20/08 12:46 AM

Velocity Sailing Teams 1-4 are signed up. Anybody else wanna sail under the Velocity flag?
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/21/08 06:22 AM

What are we holding try outs now or something? :P

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/21/08 07:26 AM

I see (I think) Trey's angle here. Sponsors seem a little more interested when they see a show of force. The first sponsor I went after was MTI Adventurewear. The were not interested in only one boat. They wanted to sponsor a few boats at the same time. That's when I went to Chums with an idea (top secret) that worked. Once Chums came on board with the multiple team member and boat idea (see www.teamchums.com/bios ) sponsors seemed more interested. www.chums.com and hit the "refresh" button till you see us on the front page side bar. It's a shot of us finishing at Daytona in the Tybee 500. The more boats gives sponsors more "ad space" and puts more of an emphasis on size rather than performance. At the time, my resume didn't contain many 1st place finishes. Interesting point there is now with winning the N20 class in the GT 2 times, sponsors are contacting us without sending out proposals.
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/21/08 03:22 PM

What's wrong Tad, Don't feel "special" anymore?
Posted By: zander

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/21/08 06:29 PM

Oh, believe me that boy is SPECIAL! Merry Christmas Taddler.
Posted By: JJ_

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/21/08 06:33 PM

Tad, where did you and Jake pick up your pet chicken?

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/30/08 03:11 PM

Interesting development. Just as many F18's signed up as N20's.

I know there are some committed N20's that still haven't registered yet. *coughcough*

pet chicken.
Oh you're talking about Todd. Yeah. He seems to follow us around like a lost puppy dog.
Posted By: mikekrantz

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/30/08 03:19 PM

And there are some F18's that haven't signed up either...

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/30/08 03:57 PM

Well they need to get with the program!

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/30/08 04:17 PM

there's an issue with the registration site and I'm getting a page not found error - I've emailed the webdude.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/30/08 10:54 PM

To solve the "page not found" error, save your registration as a draft, then open the draft and save that as your final registration. I did it 4 times, and it worked 4 times.
Posted By: Tony_F18

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/30/08 11:14 PM

I heard that the 2007 winners will be competing as well.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/31/08 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by JJ_
Tad, where did you and Jake pick up your pet chicken?

That's a ROOSTER boy, looks like your 'bout as sharp as a bowlin' ball.
http://www.wiseacre-gardens.com/sound/foghorn05.wav

Peckertrack,
Follow would imply that at some point in time ,I'd been behind you.That would be a Falsehood,pre-fabrication, lie or a fairytale(Kinda like a gumbo recipe) When you actually do get out on the water with me your boat is usually in a ball.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/31/08 03:14 AM

Mischa is coming back? Sweet!

I wonder if he's still going to do it even if the new Hobie F18 isn't available by the time the race starts....

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/31/08 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by NCSUtrey
To solve the "page not found" error, save your registration as a draft, then open the draft and save that as your final registration. I did it 4 times, and it worked 4 times.

Oh for the love of....do I have to stand on one foot while I do it too? grin (I never got to a form I could fill out). I'm sure they'll get us hooked up soon.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/31/08 06:21 AM

Maybe I've mastered the intarwebs and you haven't?
Posted By: BrianK

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/31/08 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by NCSUtrey
Maybe I've mastered the intarwebs and you haven't?

Its a series of tubes.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/31/08 03:53 PM

Well, in that case, "I know Kung-Fu."

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/31/08 04:29 PM

I figured it out (actually Claude got it sorted out). You still do have to save it as a draft before it will let you finalize it though.

Team Seacats Orange and Team Seacats White are on the board.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/31/08 06:09 PM

10 teams registered at this point (and I know there are more to come). That equals last year's entries already. C'mon guys, sign 'em up! I remember the days of 18 to 20 teams and two rows of starts!

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 12/31/08 09:23 PM

Chums is in for sure and registered. Chris Green is comming for sure with the Tiger wich will add another F18. Gonna be a good one. I'm looking forward to leaving from Islamorada.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/05/09 05:34 PM

Awesome!! 13 teams registered! This is fantastic!

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/08/09 08:35 PM

anyone need ground crew? I've got a couple of guys interested and looking for a team. Please PM me here if so.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/08/09 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
anyone need ground crew? I've got a couple of guys interested and looking for a team. Please PM me here if so.

Call Krantz.
Posted By: SoggyCheetoh

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/12/09 09:09 PM

Wow, 15 boats are now registered and it's only mid January. This is going to be a very exciting year.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/13/09 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by SoggyCheetoh
Wow, 15 boats are now registered and it's only mid January. This is going to be a very exciting year.

You oughta make it 16!
Posted By: flumpmaster

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/13/09 03:08 AM

Team TCDYC is in. (F18)
Posted By: Bonnie

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/13/09 05:21 AM

I suppose this is as good a time as any to announce that I will be blogging this year's event for Team Seacats from the boats themselves. I'm calling my special coverage: Live...from the tramp. Catchy, no? It's just that, with everyone posting on sites nowadays, I was forced to raise my game.

Anyhoo, we plan to have a third, media only boat wo-manned by two accomplished sailors: Strickland's wife, Robyn and Zander's bride, Wendy (who will have their imminent arrival Abby, by then 2 months, lashed to her in an adorable pink and white striped sling). I've only seen ultrasound photos thus far, but she seems like a charming girl.

I will be switching between the Orange and White teams throughout the day with the precision of an airborne refueling mission by utilizing a complex series of acrobatic moves learned while watching Cirque de Soleil's latest show, Kooza, in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. It looked really easy, so I'm confident.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/13/09 01:05 PM

LOL Bonnie, I'm so glad that you're doing the blogging this year. I look forward to getting the Bonnie interrogation.

Posted By: acceleratedchaos

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/13/09 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bonnie
by utilizing a complex series of acrobatic moves learned while watching Cirque de Soleil's latest show, Kooza, in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. It looked really easy, so I'm confident.

All I know is that I've heard from a reliable source that a certain infamous ground crew member from team seacats has dated a contortionist as seen in the Kooza show...
Posted By: Bonnie

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/14/09 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by acceleratedchaos
Originally Posted by Bonnie
by utilizing a complex series of acrobatic moves learned while watching Cirque de Soleil's latest show, Kooza, in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. It looked really easy, so I'm confident.

All I know is that I've heard from a reliable source that a certain infamous ground crew member from team seacats has dated a contortionist as seen in the Kooza show...

Well then someone needs to notify the authorities pronto because the three featured contortionists in the ATL show ranged in age from 11 to 16; though I'm certain there are some bendable babes on the payroll who are over the age of consent.

Dated...I love that euphemism. Would we say he is infamous...or merely adorably experimental? As a "reliable source" concerning such matters, I could tell some tales of tail myself. That is, if we are indeed speaking of the same Ground Crew member.

Honestly though, he's one of the most kindhearted and good natured people I know. (Plus, I get to put sunblock on him every day during the Tybee week. Not too shabby.) wink

I'll be really happy to see everyone again after taking the year off in '08 to work on completing my manuscript about the life of Rube Goldberg. Racers, prepare to be interrogated. If you don't talk to me I'm just gonna make up weird stuff about you to post. grin
Posted By: fin.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/14/09 11:49 AM

I wish someone would do this at Tradewinds. Personally, I have no idea how to go about it.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/14/09 01:31 PM

Would do what Pete? Blog about it?

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/14/09 02:44 PM

Any teams from the Galesville area planning on doing the race this year? smile

Posted By: SoggyCheetoh

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/14/09 03:17 PM

Just waiting for Keith to tell me if he's in or out this year.
Posted By: fin.

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/14/09 03:17 PM

Yeh, do some interiews, make some videos. Sounds easy enough. laugh
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Registration and NOR up at Tybee500.com - 01/14/09 03:23 PM

You just want to see yourself on TV, don'tcha Pete? wink
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums