Catsailor.com

Today is finally the day

Posted By: arbo06

Today is finally the day - 12/28/08 02:35 PM

The ARC2101 is getting the makeover today. The painting begins at 10:00 A.M.

It should like very nice when reassembled. New paint, new tramp, new sails.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Today is finally the day - 12/28/08 02:46 PM

Sweet dude. Pics or it didn't happen smile

Re: Today is finally the day - 12/29/08 12:14 AM

the deed is done. How do I post a pic?
Posted By: Jake

Re: Today is finally the day - 12/29/08 01:43 AM

click on "file manager" when making a post.

Re: Today is finally the day - 12/29/08 02:22 AM

the pic is too big. the boat looks good, see you on the line at MKL. Go fins!
Posted By: JeffS

Re: Today is finally the day - 12/30/08 03:35 AM

I cant take the suspense anymore the way I do it is
If you use microsoft outlook for your e-mail as I do all you need to do is open your picture on the computer right click on it and select send to mail recipient, it will ask if you want to reduce the photo size, click yes, then send it to yourself. Open your e-mail copy that attatchment to your desktop. Then when you are posting the photo on catsailor you just tell it to search your desktop for that file and jobs done.
Now can I see the cat pretty please.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Today is finally the day - 01/01/09 10:28 PM

I reduce pics in paint using the "strech skew" box I start with the boxes that show 100/100 and change them to 50/50 that is enough most of the time. rename the new sized pic to make it easier to find and your origional pic is unchanged.
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Today is finally the day - 01/02/09 12:53 AM

I use this: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

go to image resizer and download it. Then all you have to do is right click on the pic, pick resize picture and pick a size and it re-names it for you in the same file without doing anything to the original pic.
It works great, now you owe me a gumbo recipe.
Foggy
Posted By: John Williams

Re: Today is finally the day - 01/02/09 02:49 AM

How about some shrimps?

John Williams’ Good-time Bar-B-Q Cajun Shrimp
Set to the tune of “Brother, Can You Spare a Bypass”

A simple but very tasty meal; there’s no Bar-B-Q sauce and it is not prepared on the grill, so I don’t know why it’s called that, but its my favorite Gulf Coast treat. Here in the Panhandle, the New Orleans influence is strong in our architecture, our music, and our food.

You’ll Need:
A loaf of good french bread, a big pot, a nice bottle of white wine, some candles and an attitude. Some Zydeco on the CD player will help, too.

The Ingredients:
1 ½ Sticks of butter
1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon of red pepper
1 teaspoon of black pepper
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of thyme
½ teaspoon of rosemary
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
½ teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of Worcester sauce
1 ½ pounds of really fresh, big, peeled shrimp
½ cup of clam juice
6-pack of beer

The Process of Making the Stuff:
Simple – open a beer and drink some. Then put everything except the 6-pack, the shrimp, the bread, the wine, and the candles into the big pot with your attitude while listening to the CD. Give it medium heat – you want this to simmer. Is there any beer left? No? Open another one and pour half of it in with everything else as it simmers – it’ll foam up, but that’s OK; that means it’s working. Keep drinking the beer. Let this simmer for at least a half an hour, stirring occasionally to mix the multiple phases that will form as it cooks. Pay attention to the color – it should turn a beautiful golden brown. Be careful not to inhale too deeply – this is a potent mix (I’m not kidding). Kick up the heat to a slow rolling boil and add the shrimp – I like to drop them in and score each one like a dive competition; no splash and straight in is at least an 8.5. You don’t have to cook this very long, just about 3 minutes – let the shrimp turn pink, but that’s it. Overcooking will make the shrimp tough and overconfident. It’s ready.

The Presentation:
Cover your eating area with a tablecloth or some butcher’s paper – you’re about to make a mess. Light the candles, turn the music down and open the wine. The Stuff goes into serving bowls or large Goulash-style mugs – get plenty of the liquid and make sure you stir it first to get all phases of the liquid into your bowl. Have a seat. Tear the bread (don’t worry about the crumbs – remember the tablecloth?) and dunk it into the liquid and take a bite. Spear a shrimp and take a bite of that, too. Sip some wine if your mouth starts to burn too much. Enjoy!

Re: Today is finally the day - 01/02/09 03:16 AM

Shrimps or scrimps? I have used many parts of that recipe way too often... Craig, where is the GUMBO?
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Today is finally the day - 01/02/09 04:05 PM

pictures?
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums