Catsailor.com

more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies

Posted By: BrianK

more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/19/09 10:41 PM

http://adventureonline.tv/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=33

Caption Contest:

[Linked Image]

UHHHGGGG, what will it take to get Bob Curry to come sail with us!?!

THANK YOU to all our raffle sponsors:

Harken!
Layline!
Zhik!
Murrays Marine!
WilderGFX Graphics!
Posted By: Jake

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/19/09 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by BrianK
http://adventureonline.tv/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&Itemid=33

Caption Contest:

[Linked Image]

THANK YOU to all our raffle sponsors:

Harken!
Layline!
Zhik!
Murrays Marine!
WilderGFX Graphics!

Caption: "arrrgg...and they STILL have Jake's last name listed as 'Cole' instead of 'Kohl'!"
Posted By: arbo06

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/19/09 11:13 PM

Better than Coal!
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/19/09 11:33 PM

The scores aren't totalled yet!? What does an aneurism feel like?
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/19/09 11:53 PM

"a Wave hailed starboard at an N20 in its start sequence..?"
Posted By: Mugrace72

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/20/09 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by arbo06
Coal!

That is what Bob Curry will in his stocking next year! Hum bug, etc.

Sorry we had to bail at the last minute.

In spite of the perils, I know that Mary and Rick are survivors from a more innocent era and when folks like that stop doing what they do, we can kiss it all goodbye.

Y'all better get to every one of these events you can while they still exist.

Accidents happen and that is why we have insurance. However, I would think that no claim will be filled in this case.

Anyone who has been around knows that the best regattas involve a lot of boats with different characteristics sailing near each other. The best sailors deal with all the situations that arise, whether tactical within their class, or interacting with a which fleet which includes other racing classes, boats that are not racing, and obstructions of every kind.

An "A" mark and a "C" mark, no obstructions, perfectly set start, 3 safety boats, 2 stake boats, no tide, steady 15-18kts, .......boring!!!!.....but that is fine for a World Championship.

If you do a reality check, Tradewinds is the perfect regatta. Long live Rick and Mary.

Posted By: BrianK

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/20/09 12:25 AM

Did you know the Wave class has its own hand sign?

Wave Class represent, three on the side!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Timbo

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/20/09 02:46 AM

Ohhhh, so that explains the "YO YO YO, where my Homies at??"

And the "Hey Girl, can I hitchu back?" when his cellphone rang... blush
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/20/09 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by BrianK
Did you know the Wave class has its own hand sign?

Wave Class represent, three on the side!

[Linked Image]

Yo,G .You hit my wave I bump you down wit da gat. Peace,out!
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/20/09 01:41 PM

While you are mentioning the give aways, you forgot:
Rick White's Sailing Seminars www.SailingSeminars.com and the VHS Tapes given out
RAM Press on books of "Sailing Drills"

Just thought those needed some plugs as well.
Rick
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/20/09 02:54 PM

Who's the cute chick handing out all the swag????? laugh
Posted By: wildtsail

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/20/09 03:17 PM

Karl,
In the story on the mainpage it says photos by Beth Langefield... did you guys tie the knot?!?!
-Todd
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/20/09 03:24 PM

The knot hasn't been tied. I think my mother may be behind this somehow. I haven't figured it out just yet, but she can be crafty.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/20/09 08:40 PM

If one more person pisses in my ear about the starting sequence my head is going to explode.
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/21/09 02:15 PM

Good one, Dave. Loved it. laugh
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/21/09 10:18 PM

Caption Contest:

OOOhhhh, where did I leave that commemorative O bama plate, keychain, coffee mug, wall photo, China made minted coin, ..........where's Mr. Kohl?
Posted By: Jake

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/21/09 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Todd Bouton
Caption Contest:

OOOhhhh, where did I leave that commemorative O bama plate, keychain, coffee mug, wall photo, China made minted coin, ..........where's Mr. Kohl?

Now your just getting to be plain-old offensive. You can't stand the fact that someone has a different opinion? Why does that eat you up so badly?
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/21/09 10:38 PM

Come on guys not here! You guys have your own thread for this stuff. Or start a new one I don't care, I just don't want to stumble into this crap in a thread about a very enjoyable regatta.
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/21/09 10:49 PM

Jake,

Actually, I was joking, it is a caption contest.
I definitely wasn't trying to be offensive. If you were offended, my apologies. After re-reading it, I still find it kind of humurous.

And I do respect your right to have a slightly different opinion of this matter than I do.

I'll drop it, and on the other post too.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: more Tradewinds pics + Harken Series Raffle and Trophies - 01/22/09 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
[
Yo,G .You hit my wave I bump you down wit da gat. Peace,out!

Uhh, excuse me stewardess, I speak Jive....
[Linked Image]
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums