Catsailor.com

Nacra 5.0

Posted By: Anonymous

Nacra 5.0 - 01/21/09 09:15 AM

Hello there

I'm new here and from Switzerland. Unbeatable combo for a very poor english. Please excuse me...

Well, I just got a Nacra 5.0 (mid eighties) for free from my uncle. The boat is in a good condition.

Now I got a few questions because I want to tune my boat up a little bit.

- Is it possible to add a spi with snuffer?
- Ist it possible to add a Nacra 500 Squaretop Mainsail? Is it possible to add the new jib form the Nacra 500?
- Is there a rigging guide? Or a sail tuning guide?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers from Switzerland

Elfish
Posted By: hokie

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/21/09 02:56 PM

1. Yes you can add a spin
2. The Nacra 500 main will work but may not be optimal (this has been discussed on the forum), to make the jib work you would need to reposition the fairleads to the main beam (the 500 jib is smaller and non-overlapping).
3. There is a basic rigging guide on the performance catamaran website, and lots of rigging and tuning advice can be found by searching the forums or asking.

Good luck with your new boat.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/21/09 03:18 PM

Is the 500's mast using swept spreaders? I'm assuming the old 5.0's had straight spreaders.

Posted By: hokie

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/21/09 07:18 PM

they are swept on the 5.0 and 500
Posted By: jcasto1

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/23/09 03:42 AM

Very old NACRA 5.0 had straight spreaders - I know, I used to have one. So did the old 5.2s. NACRA changed to swept sometime before 87.
Posted By: Baltic

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/23/09 11:56 AM

Hallo Elfish,

ich hatte ebenfalls einen NACRA 5.0 mit Spi, aber ohne Snuffer. Anstatt dessen hatte ich eine Tasche auf dem Trampolin - keine besonders tolle Lösung.
Wenn ich mich recht erinnere hat der NACRA 5.0. die Fockholepunkte auf den Rümpfen - der NACRA 500 aber auf den Beams. Die neue Fock passt nur, wenn Du die Fockholepunkte verlegst: ein ziemlicher Aufwand!

Bezüglich neuem Groß könntest Du den deutschen NACRA-Vertrieb anrufen: +49 40 5249538. Sven kennt beide Boote UND ist Segelmacher, dort solltest Du eine kompetente Antwort bekommen.

Wie auch immer: Du hast da ein tolles Anfängerboot und ich wünsche Dir viel Spaß damit,
Kai
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/23/09 12:13 PM

... Fockholepunkte ...

????? confused
Posted By: bobcat

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/23/09 02:27 PM

But these spreaders are still used with slack diamonds...no prebend. I think the sweep was just to help with the jib hanging up.

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/23/09 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by David Parker
... Fockholepunkte ...

????? confused

Don't be so COY Dave!

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/23/09 04:15 PM

=> mounting of jib-sheet blocks. Everything else is clear? smile
Posted By: TEAMVMG

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/23/09 04:23 PM

The 500 sport uses prebend

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/23/09 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by andrewscott
... Fockholepunkte ...

????? confused

Don't be so COY Dave!

I sail a Nacra 5.0 and I never knew about the Fockholepunkte. I speak fair German but that one is new to me.

Andrew, instead of yelling "Starboard!" at you, next time I'll try "Fockholepunkte". grin

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/23/09 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Baltic
=> mounting of jib-sheet blocks. Everything else is clear? smile

How about translating Segelmacher and Rümpfen?
Posted By: erice

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/24/09 12:12 AM

[/quote]

I sail a Nacra 5.0 and I never knew about the Fockholepunkte. I speak fair German but that one is new to me.

Andrew, instead of yelling "Starboard!" at you, next time I'll try "Fockholepunkte". grin [/quote]

i think it will be more effective as

FOCKHOLE.............punkte!
Posted By: John Williams

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/24/09 12:33 AM

I think we just got punkte.

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/24/09 01:26 PM

... okay, okay - I got the message ... whistle
German is always good for a joke since we tend to combine several nouns into one word. But since he said he is swiss and his english not that good ...
Segelmacher =>sail maker (that one should have been obvious ...)
Rümpfe => in this context: hulls
Posted By: fin.

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/24/09 10:57 PM

I thought it was fun.

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/27/09 05:09 PM

Thanks guys. I've found now mostly all the answers I was looking for... smile

Re: Nacra 5.0 - 01/27/09 05:38 PM

Andrew, instead of yelling "Starboard!" at you, next time I'll try "Fockholepunkte". grin

How about next time you want cut me off and yell "starboard" at me, you wait until we are racing...

How about next time you want cut me off and yell "starboard" at me, don't do it infront of a channel marker, so i dont have to put it in reverse to avoid hitting the channel marker

How about next time you want cut me off and yell "starboard" at me, you dont do it in front of a channel marker so you don't hit the channel marker....

OR you could just not cut me off..... but that would be boring! ;p

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums