Catsailor.com

launching in Myrtle Beach?????

Posted By: Tom Korz

launching in Myrtle Beach????? - 03/26/09 11:54 PM

Hey Y'all, we have a condo in MB for the Easter Break. We wanna do a little pre-season tuning. Can anyone give me any insight on launching and storing a H16 for the week in the area?

Thanks

Tom, Susan & Erika

Attached picture evoerhand.jpg
Posted By: ScottS

Re: launching in Myrtle Beach????? - 03/27/09 12:50 AM

Give Charlie a call at The Sail & Ski Connection. He is the Local Hobie Dealer there, maybe can launch and store the?
http://www.sailandskiconnection.com/
Scott
Posted By: Tom Korz

Re: launching in Myrtle Beach????? - 03/27/09 01:31 AM

Thank you, Scott.

Back in the 80's I left my boat at Downwind Sailing for a week.

I'll check them out.

Tom
Posted By: dave mosley

Re: launching in Myrtle Beach????? - 03/27/09 02:19 AM

Another cool launch spot is right beside Sail and Ski in the Springmaid Beach resort. Its the public landing at (almost)end of street once you turn into Springmaid. It has a nice ramp to the beach and ample parking. Sail and Ski doesnt really have a good place to get your boat from the parking lot at Damon's to the beach. Google Earth Springmaid Beach, you will see the ramp. Ive launched there for 20 years, no hassles.
Posted By: WindyHillF20

Re: launching in Myrtle Beach????? - 03/27/09 07:24 PM

All along N. Myrtle there are beach access points. It depends on where you are staying as to what is the best place to launch. Charlie probably can't help as he nor any of his current employees seem to sail. If you are on the south end then down wind is a good spot. There are many spots on the north end. North Myrtle also has less rules regarding sail boats on the beach.
Posted By: mmadge

Re: launching in Myrtle Beach????? - 03/27/09 09:46 PM

Hey Tom I am envious,we will be entertaining the inlaws for Easter(I hope my wife does not read this post)

© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums