Catsailor.com

Carpeting your box...

Posted By: John Williams

Carpeting your box... - 04/14/09 06:17 PM

Snickering over thread titles aside, I lost the thread on carpeting boxes. I took a couple of shots at Cat Fight last month with the intent of throwing them up here for illustrative purposes. Indoor/outdoor carpet rough-cut in using a pair of scissors while crawling (yes Trey, I fit) along with a can of 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. Did both boxes in less than a half hour while sails were drying on the boat.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: dave mosley

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/14/09 07:27 PM

Nice, does it match the drapes?

Building in blade holders is a nice touch(not pictired)
Posted By: brucat

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/14/09 07:33 PM

No issues with moisture?

I see that you have nice large ventilation holes. Can you post a pic from the outside?

What's covering those holes to keep critters out? I found a softball-sized wasp nest in mine over the winter, and I don't even have holes in my catbox. Thankfully, it was winter and the wasps were "sleeping"...

Mike

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/14/09 09:18 PM

[Linked Image]

There's a bit of bug screen and a vent on the outside, front and back of that box. The other box (Trey's Lunchbox) has some small drain holes drilled in the bottom of the back door, and in a row along the front. So far, any moisture seems to evap pretty quickly - no mildew or mold after three years... the carpet has only been in there a few months, and living in a desert probably has something to do with it... crazy

You can follow the URLs on any of those shots for better res pics.
Posted By: NCSUtrey

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/14/09 09:45 PM

Nice box mate! Where'd it come from???????
Posted By: claus

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/15/09 06:56 AM

I use artificial lawn inside the box, no problems with moisture whatsoever.
Posted By: Tornado_ALIVE

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/15/09 11:15 AM

Good looking box and trailer John.

Could also put some shock cord starps across the inside of the lid and store your jibs there. As you lift the lids, the jibs come up too.

Also write up a list of all rope lengths on the boat, laminate it and stick it to the inside of the lid. If you need to replace a rope, you know exactly what lenght you need.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/15/09 01:02 PM

You call that a good box? a good box would have a beer tap, hot plate, Jacuzzi and a disco ball.... !

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/15/09 02:32 PM

Hmmm... disco ball...

Good tips, Steve - thx.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/15/09 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by andrewscott
You call that a good box? a good box would have a beer tap, hot plate, Jacuzzi and a disco ball.... !

Mine will have an 82mm mortar... for fun.. and Acats
Posted By: Jake

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/15/09 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Originally Posted by andrewscott

Mine will have an 82mm mortar... for fun.. and Acats

All you need is a potato gun.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Carpeting your box... - 04/16/09 12:33 AM

Fold out shower the changing before driving home. LOL LOL

Doug
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums