Catsailor.com

I be huntin' pirates!!!

Posted By: NCSUtrey

I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/15/09 09:27 PM

Okay, enough of this BS from the Somali pirates. Who wants to sign up for my para-military pirate hunting crew?
I'm also on the market for an old PT boat, anybody got one laying around?
Posted By: ButchG

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/15/09 09:34 PM

An old PT boat...lots of fire power and a Letter of Marque!
Hoo-YAH - where do I sign up laugh
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/15/09 09:45 PM

I've been thinking GE mini-gun or Dillon Aero, but where do we get ALL the ammo? It'd nip that problem in the bud . We might need more than one PT boat, there operating over 1.1million square miles.There used to be a dozen or more PT boats in Portsmouth, Va..
Maybe a couple dillons on a VX-40, Randy can drive, we'll man the guns.
Tawd
Posted By: FasterDamnit

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/15/09 10:04 PM

How about a 40' Navy attack cat? It has been on E-Bay repeatedly.

[Linked Image]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/40-O...itemZ180344434943QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 12:46 AM

We gon' blow some shiiiiiiz up......
Posted By: Don_Atchley

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 04:15 AM

http://www.safeboats.com/default/videos/rcb.wvx

These guys make some cool stuff. They're in the area, so I can help you pick out colors...
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Don_Atchley
http://www.safeboats.com/default/videos/rcb.wvx

These guys make some cool stuff. They're in the area, so I can help you pick out colors...

Screw that. Give me the mouse in a AC-130
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T73nkuAgnoQ&feature=related
Posted By: Timbo

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 11:46 AM

Who wants to sign up for my para-military pirate hunting crew?

Good news Trey, the Marines are still looking for "A Few Good Men" so get on down to your local recruiter's office and tell him you want to "grease some skinny's!" Hoo Ahh!

And while waiting for your training dates, pick up a copy of Mark Bowden's Blackhawk Down.

And I've got to go with Karl on this one, don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 11:55 AM

I think Blackwater is getting in on this game too.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 01:21 PM

I hate to bring up the irony, but before Somalia was "liberated from their radical religious governance" (Islamic Courts Union in '06), Sharia law banned piracy as being against the Koran. There was VERY little piracy in the region during that time period...

Posted By: pgp

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo
Who wants to sign up for my para-military pirate hunting crew?

Good news Trey, the Marines are still looking for "A Few Good Men" so get on down to your local recruiter's office and tell him you want to "grease some skinny's!" Hoo Ahh!

And while waiting for your training dates, pick up a copy of Mark Bowden's Blackhawk Down.

And I've got to go with Karl on this one, don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

ROFLMAO Recommended movies: "Black Hawk Down", "We were soldiers once. . .and young", and two of my VERY favorites "Platoon" and "Full metal jacket".

FWIW- 11E20, RA14970244 (if you gotta ask, don't bother).

Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 03:00 PM

What we need is

1)a low profile fast black boat
2)scuba gear
3)a few blocks of C4
4)and a cooler full of ice and liquor for when the show starts.

Learn from the best
[Linked Image]

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 03:06 PM

That's what you need! I just need my rocking chair. smile
Posted By: hokie

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 04:19 PM

I think you should ask the gov't for a gun boat. I think I'd ask for the 62 and settle for the 48.
Posted By: ButchG

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 04:41 PM

Salute cool
Posted By: Flip57

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 05:01 PM

My son is in the Navy and being deployed to this area. Your enthusiasm reminded me of him. He started bugging them at the end of last year, taking the required classes and getting the security clearances so he was accepted and assigned to one of the attack boats. He is a helicopter mechanic (not sure what MOS that is). He is leaving sometime late summer or early fall to go and fight the pirates. His mother is scared for him but we are both proud as could be.
Posted By: SurfCityRacing

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 05:30 PM

I think this is the tool they used to liberate the captain from the clutches of the pirates:

[Linked Image]

J
Posted By: HMurphey

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 05:53 PM

My guess would be something chambering a .308 caliber round ... I do believe your picture is of a Barret .50 caliber and that WILL stop a truck ... or light armoured vehicles.

Now what Trey needs for his "fast attack" boat is "Ma Duece" .... maybe a pair of twin "Ma Dueces" .... its hard to beat Mr John Browning's .50 caliber Machine Gun, +70 years of military service, and a range of +3000yds .....

.... no-one argues with "Ma"

Harry

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 06:16 PM

Looks like it was the MK11, 7.62 x 51mm.

J
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ButchG

Sadly, Pete, with the shabby state of veteran's benefits, it means a lot less than it once did....

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 07:28 PM

smile I'm pretty sure the term "red tape" refers to all the difficulty civil war veterans had in getting the benefits they'd been promised. Seems the appropriate records were all wrapped up in the stuff.

Maybe. Don't know for sure.
Posted By: HMurphey

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 07:47 PM

******** mounted a scope on a .50 M2 ... sighted it in ... and started to rock the Vietcong's world at +2200yds.

Harry
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 08:38 PM

this should suffice

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dave mosley

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 10:05 PM

I liked the report of the Seal's reporting, "3 clear head shots", and then some bad mother says "take em". Too cool, better than TV....

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/16/09 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by HMurphey
and started to rock the Vietcong's world at +2200yds.

Whitefeather's longest cofirmed kill, (and up untill very recently longest ever), was 2500 yards. Thats 1-1/2 miles. F-ing nuts! Can you say reach out an touch someone? Jeremy's pic is most definetly a .50. I've been shopping for one I can actually afford. New Barret's were about $8k new, used ones are damn hard to find, you gotta know someone. I reeeaaally want a CheyTech rifle, but at $23k a copy, a bit out of my price range. Better have a re-loader too, at $9.00 a squeeze, .50's aren't cheap to plink with.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 01:25 AM

You don't go huntin' Pirates with little boats and little guns, you send in a squadron of these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf2ka9RsFQ4&feature=related

A 30mm gatling gun that fires 6,000 rounds per minute. Death from above. Air superiority is the quickest way to eliminate the Pirate Problem. Just ask any of those Republican Guards on the "Highway of Death".
Posted By: windswept

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by SurfCityRacing
I think this is the tool they used to liberate the captain from the clutches of the pirates:

[Linked Image]

J

That is the one that my son uses in Afghanistan M82A or M107. He cannot stand lugging it up mountains, but loves the gun. Also known as a Barrett 50 cal.
Posted By: TeamChums

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 04:02 AM

A head shot with a 50 would be pretty dramatic. Unless it was an extreme range, I would guess they used something else.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 12:45 PM

My guess would be M-40 or SR-25:

Attached picture 300px-M-40A3.jpg
Posted By: brucat

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
I've been shopping for one I can actually afford. New Barret's were about $8k new, used ones are damn hard to find, you gotta know someone. I reeeaaally want a CheyTech rifle, but at $23k a copy, a bit out of my price range. Better have a re-loader too, at $9.00 a squeeze, .50's aren't cheap to plink with.

AM I THE ONLY ONE DISTURBED BY THIS?????

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 01:04 PM

No.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 01:41 PM

Why should it?

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 02:13 PM

If I have to 'splain it you wouldn't understand. wink

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by brucat
I've been shopping for one I can actually afford. New Barret's were about $8k new, used ones are damn hard to find, you gotta know someone. I reeeaaally want a CheyTech rifle, but at $23k a copy, a bit out of my price range. Better have a re-loader too, at $9.00 a squeeze, .50's aren't cheap to plink with.

I'm not going to get into this again,BUT if your disturbed by that than carry your a$$ to Canada PERMANENTLY, and it won't bother you.It's a hobby(Kinda like cat sailing) and shooting is what some folks like to do.So drop it.
Plus we may need it for the pirates that are a little out of range.
Todd

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 03:59 PM

That's OK, you missed the joke.

Mike

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 04:00 PM

Shooting is a sport. Shooting pirates is something else.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 04:14 PM

Joking about people catching a bullet in the head bothers me. In this case I'm all for it, but it isn't funny. At least not to me.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 04:29 PM

There's a reason I never post on political threads. What was I thinking?

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 04:51 PM

That's OK, you missed the joke.

Mike

Sorry Mike,
My bad, maybe I'm a little sensitive considering the political climate these days. If it was a Karl thing and not a gun thing ,I digress. On rare occasion even I need a taller glove.

Were you at Spring Fever?

Pete,
It's looking like we need to make shooting pirates a sport kinda like clay pigeons.
Todd

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 06:57 PM

Yes, it was a (poor) attempt at humor. After seeing some of Karl's avatars, the idea of one of those guns in his possession is a bit much.

Obviously, I'm the only one seeing the humor in this, so I'll stop now... wink

Mike
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 08:18 PM

I think first we should extend an open hand to the pirates and try to understand them and why they are pirates. We should start an open communication with them. Maybe we should disarm first to show them how responsible we are. Maybe it's all our fault because we are so arrogant.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by DUH
I think first we should extend an open hand to the pirates and try to understand them and why they are pirates. We should start an open communication with them. Maybe we should disarm first to show them how responsible we are. Maybe it's all our fault because we are so arrogant.

Bwa hahahahahahahahahhahaah x 10!

I'm going to make a cartoon of you saying that. Al Gore and Ernesto Bertarelli will be dancing in the background.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 10:50 PM

Hell no, I'm disturbed by it too. That's alot of money for a rifle. grin

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 11:09 PM

laugh laugh laugh
Posted By: Luiz

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/17/09 11:38 PM

Can't you get a loan giving the rifle as guaranty? I know it works with houses...
Posted By: mbounds

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/18/09 12:30 AM

Karl wins.
Posted By: arbo06

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/18/09 01:04 AM

No,I too am disturbed, 9 bucks is way too expensive.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/18/09 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by DUH

You've been in Europe too long!
Posted By: Jake

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/18/09 03:26 PM

At the risk of sounding nutz - they are pirates because A) their country government is weak and B) their economy is terrible. It's simply the best way for them to make a living. Directly fix piracy and there will be 20 other illegal profitable rackets popping up in Somalia. You can fight the symptom, but you'll keep fighting them until you fix the root cause.
Posted By: Luiz

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/18/09 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
At the risk of sounding nutz - they are pirates because A) their country government is weak and B) their economy is terrible. It's simply the best way for them to make a living. Directly fix piracy and there will be 20 other illegal profitable rackets popping up in Somalia. You can fight the symptom, but you'll keep fighting them until you fix the root cause.

Yes, it is necessary to reduce economic, political and social differences between countries. In other words, save the planet. Since this is quite difficult in practice and also takes a long time, here's a temporary fix:
Piracy exists while it is profitable, so just increase the expenses and risks of this 'business'.
Sink pirate ships, destroy their weapons, wound their men (never kill - upkeeping of crippled is a lot more expensive than a funeral, which can also create 'martyrs'), escalate weapons and even destroy the ships they capture with their cargoes, eventually. Higher costs and risks increase the volatility of piracy results and drastically reduce their profits. I guess there are a few legal issues, though...

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/18/09 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jake

Maybe they just need a hug, it was probably their parents fault anyway.

Tawd
Posted By: Dazz

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 01:41 AM

perhaps the pirates are the hunters now... glad im not american laugh
fox news

MOMBASSA, Kenya — Somali pirates vowed to hunt down American ships and kill their sailors Wednesday and French forces detained 11 other hijackers in a high-seas raid, raising tensions a day after an abortive attack on a U.S. freighter loaded with food aid.

Posted By: dave mosley

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 02:01 AM

whats all the fuss about now? These people have been killing innocent sailors for years, this story has only brought it to te masses.

Bring back the gallo's, "Pirate's ye be warned"

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dazz
perhaps the pirates are the hunters now... glad im not american laugh

So are we!:D

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by mbounds

Karl wins.

Indeed. Glad to see there are two people (Karl and Matt) that get my humor...

Mike
Posted By: DVL

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 04:20 AM

My question is where is the United Nations and what are they doing about this. Where are the millions of dollers & euros that the nations give the UN. It dosn't appear that the UN is doing anything. (must have a bad PR firm........)

or does this belong in the other thread....
Posted By: TeamChums

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 11:57 AM

Where would you expect the UN to be? Would you honestly count on them to protect you? The US doesn't need them to take care of our own. They keep calling them Pirates but actually they are Terrorists. Hijacking a ship rather than a plane. I guess Pirates and Terrorists are one in the same. What has the UN done in the past about Terrorism? Not much as far as I'm concerned. Atleast not fast enough to do much good.
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 02:06 PM

Dang it! Mary and I have searched and scoured our files for a great attack boat we saw from years ago. Probably one of you still have it. In fact, we had a picture of it in one of our magazines years ago.

It was a drawing of a catamaran made of two detroyers and flying one of them, like flying a hull. It was extremely funny.

But, alas, we have failed to humor up this thread.
Sorry,
Rick
Posted By: windswept

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 02:10 PM

On top of it all, we have pirates/terrorists being caught, disarmed and then released so that they can go right back to it. NATO forces, Canadian chased, boarded and then released pirates yesterday after they tried to hijack a Norwegian tanker. It is about each countries legal system. Because none of the victims were Canadian, canada cannot charge them. I think that some serious changes need to be made both on the ground in Somalia as well as how this issue is fought. I understand the motive and reasons that the pirates give for this ongoing piracy, but I do not think this gives them the right or reason to use piracy as their way of making a living. They seem to believe that they can keep doing this without any repercussions. I think that the more that they escalate the greater the response will be. I find it ironic that 2-3 of the ships attacked were carrying food aid that was destined for Somalia, Kenya and other regions. Lets hold hostage the relief supplies that we are going to steal anyway once they hit the ground. We get the ransom then we get the supplies for the black market. Nice double dipping isn't it.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Lee
They keep calling them Pirates but actually they are Terrorists.

See these people aren't terrorist's, they are pirates. They are in it for economic gain, where as a terrorist is just trying to put a civilian population in a state of fear to further some political or religious agenda.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by RickWhite
Dang it! Mary and I have searched and scoured our files for a great attack boat we saw from years ago. Probably one of you still have it. In fact, we had a picture of it in one of our magazines years ago.

It was a drawing of a catamaran made of two detroyers and flying one of them, like flying a hull. It was extremely funny.

But, alas, we have failed to humor up this thread.
Sorry,
Rick

Rick:

The H-16 that was in the old On the Wire magazine with the stinger going after the PWC was also funny. There use to be a video I think, if you k now how to find it.

Doug
Posted By: Dazz

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 08:21 PM

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=9962&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

there ya go rick!!

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/19/09 11:36 PM

Rick,

Kirk Newkirk has the shirt with the pic you're asking for. I believe it's for his brother's regatta, RIP.

The UN has nothing to do with policing the world, except if the member COUNTRIES agree there is to be an Emergency Force to be appointed to the duty, usually on the borders of waring countries, or genocide. Added, the UN is made up from member countries supplying everything needed to undergo the operation. Since this is not a soveriegn issue, the UN has nothing to do with it, and it is a moot point.

International waters is fair game, which is why it is such a problem.

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/22/09 11:27 PM

How Seal Team 6 handles things ,Maybe.
From SA:
http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=89359
Posted By: Flip57

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 04/27/09 02:22 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 05/06/09 03:12 AM

May have something here!!! 45 knots!!! http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92536?fp=1

Doug
Posted By: bullswan

Re: I be huntin' pirates!!! - 05/07/09 03:20 AM

WHERE IS HOBIE1616? He must have an opinion on this!
Be prepared... he is going to want to know what your service record is before you can set off on the mission.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums