Catsailor.com

Tybee Gumbo Party

Posted By: TheManShed

Tybee Gumbo Party - 05/13/09 02:48 AM

So what did you think of Craig's gumbo? It must have been good. As the last in the chow line all I got was some juice and a chicken bone - out of two big pots. Hungry sailors and crew! It was great to meet all of you and thanks to Craig for the party. I've got 1/2 keg of beer left so I will take it to the The Man Shed but then I'll never finish my boat. Instead I'll take it to work and we will finish it off in the parking lot.

Good luck to everybody in the next few days! I'll be following the race from the Palm Beaches - Mike Shappell.
Posted By: drbinkle

Re: Tybee Gumbo Party - 05/13/09 04:02 AM

On behalf of Team Velocity, thanks Craig! All 20+ of us really enjoyed the gumbo.
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: Tybee Gumbo Party - 05/13/09 04:24 AM

So...ya'll are the ones that ate TheManShed's Gumbo...I feel bad, especially since he donated the keg for the cause.

Great party. Thanks for coming. I think we might need a bigger venue next year. I don't think the ole condo can hold too many more than it did.

Good luck to all teams that went to the party...Hope the rest had a good excuse.

J.C. hope Rob's parts helps finish the race.
Posted By: TheManShed

Re: Tybee Gumbo Party - 05/13/09 05:24 AM

Too funny.

I've still got beer so I'll have to party just a little more. Hope my wife understands.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tybee Gumbo Party - 05/13/09 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by TheManShed
I'll take it to work and we will finish it off in the parking lot.

Why not just keep it under your desk... i bet you would be more popular!
Posted By: palmwolfe

Re: Tybee Gumbo Party - 05/13/09 05:51 PM

Gumbo Nazi;

pic
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Tybee Gumbo Party - 05/13/09 07:16 PM

There's a rumor that "it ain't gumbo till you're cookin' it in a garbage can".

That would feed more than 20 people, right?
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: Tybee Gumbo Party - 05/14/09 09:09 PM

Finally getting caught up on some work after the party and following the race.

Thanks again for all that showed up. We had over 50 people show up and for the first time I completely ran out of food. I had two HUGE pots filled to the top and at the end of the night, I finally fixed myself a bowl when another person came in for thirds. By tipping the pot upside down the last of the gumbo dripped out.

I think we officially hit the limits of my two bedroom condo. The head maintenance guy saw the keg coming in and knew there would be phone calls. Yesterday, I talked to him and he said he got one phone call and said that he was not coming out and if they were having that much of a problem with it, they could call the police. Glad that did not happen.

I have already been thinking about a new spot to have next years "Gumbo Party". When I was at the start yesterday, I noticed the name of the pavillion in Carlin Park was Gumbo Limbo Pavillion. Must be some sort of sign. In Lafayette, we do not use trash cans...55 gallon oil drums work nicely over a bon fire. Need to bring one back from Louisiana for X-mas.

I would like to especially thank Mike Shappell (AKA: Cliffy AKA: TheManShed). He not only picked up the keg but donated it to the cause. He and I have been sailing off the Palm Beach coast since 1990 and have shared many adventures. He has also hepled fix many of my mis-adventures. I even had to notify his wife he was missing at sea one night after we got hit with a major squal that was a complete blackout. He was on his G-Cat solo and I was on my Supercat 20 with two crew. We will save that story for another thread.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tybee Gumbo Party - 05/14/09 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by cyberspeed
if they were having that much of a problem with it, they could call the police. Glad that did not happen.

That would make a great episode of COPS... 50 cat sailors all stuffed to the gills... lying around your condo.. bloated and dazed and confused (from over-eating)....

BAD BOYS ... BAD BOYS...
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums