Catsailor.com

Cat Action in Maui?

Posted By: Tornado

Cat Action in Maui? - 05/20/09 06:40 AM

I'll be in Maui starting next week for ten days. Any cat sailing action to be had?

Cheers!

Mike.
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Cat Action in Maui? - 05/20/09 05:17 PM

Seems like there is a lot of keyboard sailing in Maui. Check with H1616, he obviously doesn't use it. Be carefull, he'll probably call you names and belittle you if you don't think right.
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: Cat Action in Maui? - 05/20/09 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tornado
I'll be in Maui starting next week for ten days. Any cat sailing action to be had?

Cheers!

Mike.

It's pretty much all rentals. There are leaner regattas that have said they'll do a multihull start but they want three boats on the line.

Re: Cat Action in Maui? - 05/20/09 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Clayton
Seems like there is a lot of keyboard sailing in Maui. Check with H1616, he obviously doesn't use it. Be carefull, he'll probably call you names and belittle you if you don't think right.

Really?
Posted By: Tornado

Re: Cat Action in Maui? - 05/21/09 09:14 AM

I'll be staying in Laihania (sp?)...I'll keep an eye out for rental options.

Re: Cat Action in Maui? - 05/21/09 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tornado
I'll be staying in Laihania (sp?)...I'll keep an eye out for rental options.

Lahaina proper has the harbor where you can sail on either a Santa Cruz 50 or a retired AC boat. The AC boat is pretty fast and you will get wet.

North of Lahaina is the Kaanapali resort area. The Hyatt may have a rental Getaway that's not in very good shape. North of the Sheraton/Black Rock there a rental place that has a Getaway that is keep in very good shape by an old cat racer.

There may be some Waves in between.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums