Posted By: Chuck

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/01/09 02:47 PM

For current weather, this is great.

http://www.merrittislandweather.com/weather/livewx.html
Posted By: Matt M

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/01/09 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck
For current weather, this is great.

For current weather - LOOK OUT YOUR WINDOW.

The summer weather pattern appears to be here. Sea breaze of 10-12 out of the SE every afernoon with a chance of afternoon thundershowers. Temps mid 80's

Water level is up and this weekend it was very clear - Made us a bit nervouse being able to see the bottom all the time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Matt
Posted By: pgp

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/01/09 06:38 PM

Wow. Great site.
Posted By: BrianK

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/01/09 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by pgp
Wow. Great site.

The website, or out your window?

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/01/09 10:18 PM

Well. . . both!
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/01/09 11:01 PM

You do have one of those "Weather Rocks" out your back door, right?

If the rock is wet, it's raining.

If the rock is bright white, it's sunny.

If the rock is gone, it's windy...but just right for cat racing!

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/05/09 11:59 PM

Well, I looked out the window and my Weather Rock was moving, and wet! Take a look at the much more reliable weather site above however if you want to see what's going on up at Kelly Park.

Wish I were there, hope you guys/gals are having fun!
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/07/09 02:27 AM

Dude, get well! The event has been awesome! The SCCA crew has really out done themselves! Heck, you should have just come over for the party. Holy crap batman! What a gig.

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/07/09 03:11 AM

Thanks Ding, you know it's killing me to not be able to be there, even for the party. Truth is, I can't drive a car for 6mo, can't fly for 12 mo. can't drink a beer for as long as I'm on these damn anti seizure pills, and the doc. wants me on them for...12 months! Yes, I am getting a second opinion.

I really hope you are all having a great regatta!

How about some fleet/score updates? Anything?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/07/09 03:23 AM

Timbo:

I take Tegretol (seizure med) and Seroquel for Bipolar 1 and I drive fine and sail too!!!! LOL. Get a second opinion. Drinking is pretty limited though. I am a cheap drunk ROTFL!!!

Doug
Posted By: Robi

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/07/09 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Timbo
Thanks Ding, you know it's killing me to not be able to be there, even for the party. Truth is, I can't drive a car for 6mo, can't fly for 12 mo. can't drink a beer for as long as I'm on these damn anti seizure pills, and the doc. wants me on them for...12 months! Yes, I am getting a second opinion.

I really hope you are all having a great regatta!

How about some fleet/score updates? Anything?
DAMN! Grounded for twelve months! Ive been grounded since Dec and its driving me insane!

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/07/09 11:59 AM

Thanks Doug. They have me on something with a long name begins with L, but they say it's the Generic for Keppra.

The state of FLorida has a law (I was told by my Doc.) that after a seizure, no driving for 6 months. But judging by the awful drivers I've seen down here, I'd say I'm the only one who is obeying that law! I actually got hit from behind while sitting still at a red light some years ago, by a 95 year old man, who was...I'm not kidding...Lying Down with his driver's seat Fully Reclined! Then when I approached his car to ask him what happened, he said, "Why did you back into me?"

My wife called the cops. When the Police arrived, the Officer said, "Didn't I just see you at Publix?" to the old man, and then he told me the guy had just hit a parked car at the local Publix (a grocery store) 30 minutes prior!

His wife was in the pax seat giving him directions and telling him when to turn and stop.

He couldn't even see where he was going, he just listened to her directions. And he's not the only one out there.

But I can't drive for 6 months.......riiigghhtt. sick

Robi, I feel the same way, and I've only been grounded about a month. This Sucks! And the wife wants me to repaint every room in the house...
Posted By: Wouter

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/07/09 12:15 PM

DAMN! Grounded for twelve months! Ive been grounded since Dec and its driving me insane!

So Robi, what did you do to earn that !?

Wouter

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/08/09 12:27 AM

What I want to know is, Which Fleet won the Party?

Come on, spill the beans. I would have been no use to the F16 fleet, not being able to "hold my water" as I am now being forced to dry out.

I trust -someone- picked up my slack, Gina maybe? grin Or Terry?

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/08/09 02:39 PM

The party was a hit, I missed the bulk of it due to regatta chores. The band was a Grateful Dead cover band, which seemed to fit for the crowd.

We had to dodge a lot of weather. I must say iPhones are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Knowing something looking threatening wasn't going to pass over the course was priceless. We had some real downpours turning the field where we rigged and stored the trailers into a lake/swamp. By morning it was dry so it was all good. The three day format appears to have worked out well and will be repeated for next year.

We had 39 boats which is a decent bump from previous years and everyone appeared to have a good time and ALL were made to feel welcome.

The results are posted in the Results Forum.
Posted By: Gina_M

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by David Ingram

We had 39 boats which is a decent bump from previous years and everyone appeared to have a good time and ALL were made to feel welcome.

I don't mean to be picky, but didn't we have 43 boats with 42 of those registered? I thought it was a really great weekend and I'm sorry many of our friends couldn't be there. Maybe next year we'll have those that missed and more. We have a great group of folks that took charge and did their part to make this event a success and Dave was a huge part of that success - thanks to all!

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 09:30 AM

If there are no pix, it didn't happen!
Posted By: Chuck

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 11:01 AM

Here you go Pete.
[Linked Image]
KPRR

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Gina_M

I don't mean to be picky, but didn't we have 43 boats with 42 of those registered? I thought it was a really great weekend and I'm sorry many of our friends couldn't be there. Maybe next year we'll have those that missed and more. We have a great group of folks that took charge and did their part to make this event a success and Dave was a huge part of that success - thanks to all!

39 paid, 1 comp so 40 boats. The 43 was a miscount caused by some pre-reg's that didn't show.
Posted By: Matt M

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by pgp
If there are no pix, it didn't happen!

Sailing PIX I think, if i did this right eek

KPRR 2009

Chuck posted a link to the party pics Mavis took on the 1design site

Matt
Posted By: Wouter

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 02:47 PM

Can we get a link to a site that doesn't demands registering first ?

Wouter
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 04:32 PM

I must say iPhones are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Knowing something looking threatening wasn't going to pass over the course was priceless.

When i first got my iphone last year.. i relied on radar from My-CAST.
i used their radar images to decide to pull off an island.. and was in white out rain in 10 minutes. within 20 minutes i was doing around 30mph??? and just as i tried to pull up to an island to get out of the weather... my rudders both popped up! i yelled at my crew, "HOLD ON, WE ARE GONNA HIT" (then i rolled off my boat)

i hit the island and landed 6 feet inland. Amazingly the only damage was torn batten pockets (in the torndado jib i was testing to purchase from Robbie Daniels... didmt buy it)

I later learned My-Cast radar images are not always current.. i now have 6 radar sites on my phone.

what apps do you use that are priceless?
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by andrewscott
I must say iPhones are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Knowing something looking threatening wasn't going to pass over the course was priceless.

When i first got my iphone last year.. i relied on radar from My-CAST.
i used their radar images to decide to pull off an island.. and was in white out rain in 10 minutes. within 20 minutes i was doing around 30mph??? and just as i tried to pull up to an island to get out of the weather... my rudders both popped up! i yelled at my crew, "HOLD ON, WE ARE GONNA HIT" (then i rolled off my boat)

i hit the island and landed 6 feet inland. Amazingly the only damage was torn batten pockets (in the torndado jib i was testing to purchase from Robbie Daniels... didmt buy it)

I later learned My-Cast radar images are not always current.. i now have 6 radar sites on my phone.

what apps do you use that are priceless?

Its gonna twist yer nits when you know that I was checking radar images on my phone for YEARS before the iPhone came out.

I love all the kool-aid drinkers that think that their phone made it possible to do all these things that nobody has ever done on a phone before.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 06:44 PM

my favorite app (blackberry) - google search with voice recognition....bad butt. Does math, does google search, unit conversion. I get a strange look in meetings when I ask my phone something relative like "what is 177,000 Euros in US Dollars" (or whatever)...but when the answer pops up on the screen, they all gasp.

(how's that for a hijack?)
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Kelly Park River Regatta - 06/09/09 07:01 PM

"what is 177,000 Euros in US Dollars" (or whatever)...but when the answer pops up on the screen, they all gasp.

Is the gasp before or after you tell them thats what the balance is of your Swiss bank account? :P
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums