Catsailor.com

Thanks, Mike and Diane!

Posted By: John Williams

Thanks, Mike and Diane! - 07/03/09 06:10 PM

Mahalo to Mike (aka, hobie1616) and his lovely wife Diane for having my family as their guests at the Lahaina Yacht Club for a terrific lunch and an incredible view. I'm always amazed that this community allows us to make these kind of connections. Cool club with a strong program for juniors.

Attached picture LYC2.JPG
Attached picture LYC1.JPG
Posted By: flumpmaster

Re: Thanks, Mike and Diane! - 07/03/09 06:14 PM

Maui is paradise indeed. I've enjoyed that view with a cold one a couple of times.

Chris.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Thanks, Mike and Diane! - 07/03/09 08:24 PM

John, what the Hell did you throw at that mountain??

Re: Thanks, Mike and Diane! - 07/04/09 02:39 AM

Humidity?
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: Thanks, Mike and Diane! - 07/04/09 02:47 AM

The cloud over Lanai is actually a good thing. It means the mountain is getting saturated with water that will eventually be used for drinking and irrigation.

You're welcome John! It was good to meet you and your family.
Posted By: catandahalf

Re: Thanks, Mike and Diane! - 07/06/09 12:38 AM

John,

Did they still have the PBYC burgee displayed at LYC? How about the surf break off to the right of the "channel entrance" to Lahaina? Did the venue kinda have a Key West/New Orleans atmosphere?

Good on Ya, Brah!

Re: Thanks, Mike and Diane! - 07/06/09 06:21 AM

I did see the PBYC burgee, but there wasn't anything on it to say who had presented it. The whole Front Street area had a Saint Augustine feel to it, IMO. We loved it - the club was hard to find. They've got such a nice niche there. There's a hidden staircase down to the water - that's how the kids get out to their Sabots, which are moored on a stringer there inside the reef. Mike said they've been transitioning to Bics.

Anyway, headed home tomorrow on the red-eye... killer island, hard to leave.
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: Thanks, Mike and Diane! - 07/06/09 03:40 PM

We are.

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums