Catsailor.com

Let's talk about Vick

Posted By: Todd_Sails

Let's talk about Vick - 07/27/09 11:22 PM

I have always been a dog lover. I was lucky enough raise and train a Yellow Lab, who could learn everything a was able to teach him, within reason anyway.

At the Broken Rudder Reggata last weekend, (WHAT A GREAT TIME THAT WAS!) My skipper I crewed for brought his yellow lab with us, and really remeinded me of my 'Bock', who passed many years ago.

That being said, I have always thought that Vick, having payed his time, should be once again able to play in the NFL.
Maybe he shouldn't be allowed to buy dogs anymore, but thats another story.
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 02:06 AM

Shackle Vick to the Alinghi engine then flip them both into the bottom of the see. Neither of them deserve to ever compete again.
Posted By: hokie

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 12:09 PM

The real question is when the NFL will allow jerseys with the name Mexico on the back.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 01:16 PM

He did pay his debt.. but he got off easy...

Of course he will get picked up by a team that needs his skills.. but its a shame... he doesn't deserve to be a millionaire. He should be smothered in alpo and released in a lion cage.. or bearcage... etc

I still don't get how you can have so much money, and have so much to lose.. and do SUCH a ridiculously stupid thing like finance a dog fighting ring? I understand greed, and drugs, and addictions.. but dog fighting???
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by andrewscott
He did pay his debt.. but he got off easy...

Of course he will get picked up by a team that needs his skills.. but its a shame... he doesn't deserve to be a millionaire. He should be smothered in alpo and released in a lion cage.. or bearcage... etc

I still don't get how you can have so much money, and have so much to lose.. and do SUCH a ridiculously stupid thing like finance a dog fighting ring? I understand greed, and drugs, and addictions.. but dog fighting???

Lots of money is not necessarily an indication of intelligence. Vick went with what he knew which was hangin' with a bunch of bums. They used him and his money until he got caught. Rats and ships comes to mind.

He's been given a second chance. Hopefully he'll find someone to watch his back and manage his money who won't rob him blind.
Posted By: tshan

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 01:41 PM

Donte Stallworth killed someone with his car while impaired (on something). He got 30 days in jail - I think Vick's 2 year prison sentence was pretty harsh in comparison.

I do hope the commissioner suspends him for a few more games, just for lying about it to the commissioner's office prior to being convicted. My employer would not take me back if I told a blatant lie to my boss (his team owner) and to my CEO (the NFL commissioner).

Too young + too much money + too much free time sometimes = trouble.

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by tshan
I do hope the commissioner suspends him for a few more games, just for lying about it to the commissioner's office prior to being convicted.

He was only cleared to go to camp... and play in the last 2 pre-season games..
He also is currently not part of any team... but i am sure that will change.. owners don't care about morals... they only care about wins
Posted By: Mike Hill

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 02:27 PM

I don't know what the commissioner is thinking. They should set a firm rule that anyone with a Felony Conviction can't ever play in the NFL again. That rule would bring a little respect back to the game. All the talk about them being role models is complete crap.

Almost all big companies do a background check on you. If you have a felony they don't hire you.

Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 02:35 PM

I live right around the corner from Falcon's Training Camp when this thing hit the fan. Krantz is right around the area too - I donno if he saw the PETA rally they had over there but it was insane.

I hate him for what he did. He paid his debt to society however that doesn't automatically absolve him of all his sins. Certainly playing in the NFL is a privilege that he should not have the honor of participating in.
Posted By: Mark Schneider

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 02:36 PM

Tempest in a teapot.

Fans don't care about felonies! They care about wins!

Proof
The Ravens had three guys... One prosecuted for murder, the other convicted for drug running, and the third for running a high stakes gambling game.

The Baltimore fans .... love these guys (Ray Lewis and Jamal Lewis, Corey xxx).

If Vick will help a team win.... he will get the job.
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 02:41 PM

Being a pro athlete is carte blanche to do pretty much whatever you want without much fear of repurcussions. Vick's mistake was that he pissed off the animal lovers. They are an extremely vocal group and will haunt him no matter where he goes. I think Goodell realizes this and the PR nightmare its going to cause. Had his crimes been against his fellow man, this would already be behind him.
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 02:42 PM

Let me rephrase.....his mistake was bankrolling a dogfighting operation. That pissed off the animal lovers (me included).
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Hill
I don't know what the commissioner is thinking. They should set a firm rule that anyone with a Felony Conviction can't ever play in the NFL again. That rule would bring a little respect back to the game. All the talk about them being role models is complete crap.

Almost all big companies do a background check on you. If you have a felony they don't hire you.

I agree, maybe a felony conviction should keep you out of the NFL, but right now, it ain't so.

If they don't have it, pre-employment drug screens would be nice too.
Posted By: brucat

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 03:47 PM

People are people...

Generally speaking, the punishment never fits the crime if you have enough money, and certainly not if you're a celebrity or star athlete.

I don't like it either, but I'm a Pats fan, and we have to deal with Tom Brady and his swinging lifestyle. He knocks up one incredibly gorgeous chick and leaves her for another (AND MARRIES THE SECOND ONE!!!). I have less than zero respect for that in general, even less for someone who our kids want to emulate.

Whether we like it or not, our kids look up to these guys and want to be them.

Worse, there isn't a single female in New England (and probably 3/4 of the married ones) who wouldn't kill to be with Tom. OK, obviously that's not "worse" but it is annoying.

Mike
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 06:06 PM

I'm pretty sure I would marry her in a heartbeat as well.
[Linked Image]

And if it were my choice, I would put Vick in the ring with one of the dogs; see if he can scramble out of that pocket.
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 07:08 PM

I'm sure she's not nice!

C
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 07:33 PM

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 07:40 PM

<****.

That guy should call me,... i would be willing to put up with it for a while!!! smile

Usually i don't like polkadots... in this case.. i make an exception
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 07:41 PM

On the upside she's probably high maintenance and expensive always good qualities in a woman.

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram
On the upside she's probably high maintenance and expensive always good qualities in a woman.

that explains why i always end up with low qual women...

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by brucat
I don't like it either, but I'm a Pats fan, and we have to deal with Tom Brady and his swinging lifestyle. He knocks up one incredibly gorgeous chick and leaves her for another (AND MARRIES THE SECOND ONE!!!).

Jimmy Kimmel was doing color for a game and brought that up. It was pretty hilarious.

He wasn't asked back. Too bad.
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 07:48 PM

From all accounts I've read Giselle is a kind and whole-hearted girl. The only hard part of that relationship would be finding a place to focus your eyes when hanging out with her and all her Victorias Secret Angels friends. tough life

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 08:07 PM

i dont know how... but i have dated some real lookers (Lookers... not hookers)... and it was more problems with guys drooling and being jerks than the girls being "high maint"...

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram

David:

I bet she makes damm near as much has he does.

Doug

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/28/09 08:26 PM

No, she's worth far more than he is.

But, none of that is the point. The mother of his child was equally hot, and is the MOTHER OF HIS CHILD...

Mike

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/29/09 02:11 PM

Ultimately, which ever team picks him up, he'll have to kept on a short leash.

The rumor is Vick may end up with the Pats backing up Tom Brady. If he does, the team will have to be on watch for lobster fighting.

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/29/09 02:27 PM

Just my luck...

BTW, you watched Letterman last night too?

Mike

Re: Let's talk about Vick - 07/29/09 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by brucat
Just my luck...

BTW, you watched Letterman last night too?

Mike

Busted.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums