Catsailor.com

WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results

Posted By: David Ingram

WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/03/09 12:45 AM

Day 1 Results
Posted By: dartfast

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/03/09 07:59 PM

Way to go Dave!! that has to be a record for results and it looks like real results for the wildCat. Another record!!
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/04/09 04:58 PM

NO Fleets? Just DPN?
Posted By: BrianK

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 12:36 AM

They ran a 3 day regatta, these were Friday only. Saturday and Sunday fleets were scored.

Great regatta once again.

Mama played tough in the Saturday night poker game, Mr Shipes did an awesome bbq, lots of people tent camping, great time. 4 races Sat and 4 races Sun.
Posted By: pgp

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 11:02 AM

Great regatta! Thanks to all. Definitely looking forward to next year.

Maybe 12 races total? A very full three days. Good food!

Lots of support from Lake Eustis Sail Club http://www.lakeeustissailingclub.org/ . They are a (mostly) monohull club. The facility has lots of trees and grass, big clubhouse with showers, very family oriented. Special thanks to those folks.

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 01:11 PM

Final Results

Hobie 16

Open Portsmouth Non-Spin

A Cat

Open Spinnaker

Sorry for the delay but Saturday was poker night and and all I wanted to do when I got home Sunday was sleep, grandpa Ding needs his sleepy time.

Saturday the spin fleet had a bit of a mutiny when Bob (no you’re not done yet) Johnson wanted us to go a fifth time and the fourth time was under protest. So Karl and Beth (pure rif raf) rallied the troops and signaled happy hour. Terry Back appeared to want to hold out taking the start of the fifth race but then set spin and headed to the bar with the rest of us, the force was dark and strong that day.

It was very light air affair typical middle of the state lake sailing. Hero to zero was a theme for the weekend. Although the conditions were less than ideal it sure looked like everyone was having a good time.

Oh, and "Momma" Wilders took everyone's money... AGAIN!!!! Woody had her on the ropes but eventually was taken down by the Momma Machine.
Posted By: Mark Schneider

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 01:53 PM

Dave,
Don't know if it will matter but Race 4 needs a proper start time. elapsed times of 20 hours will really screw up the PN rankings.

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 01:56 PM

Yeah, I just noticed that. Looks like the 12 hours was added to a couple of races by accident. I'll get the Sailwave file and scratch sheets and grind it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 02:05 PM

Oh! Tad and Todd you'd be happy to know EVERY sailor received a trophy! Where the F!@# were you guys?
Posted By: Matt M

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Schneider
Dave,
Don't know if it will matter but Race 4 needs a proper start time. elapsed times of 20 hours will really screw up the PN rankings.

STFU grin You were not there and several of those races felt like a whole lot longer than that.

Another great event at Eustis. Thanks Rick and Terry as well as everyone else who work to put these things on.

Special thanks to THE Chuck (aka the banker) and Tback for taking the kids. They have so much more fun and learn more going out with somebody besides dad, becuase dad doesn't know jack.

M
Posted By: tback

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Matt M

Special thanks to THE Chuck (aka the banker) and Tback for taking the kids. They have so much more fun and learn more going out with somebody besides dad, becuase dad doesn't know jack.

M

I have trophies for Lucy and Riley (and one for Peyton if he didn't get one with THE Chuck) . I had a great time with the kids aboard ... I knew you needed 6 hands for the F16! And many thanks to my fellow competitors for not protesting my extra onboard crew and to tikiPete for helping to "promote" youth sailing.
Posted By: Robi

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 06:53 PM

Yeah those kids were having a blast, very cool and koodos
Posted By: pgp

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/05/09 07:18 PM

Are there any picutres? In one race we must have had all the spins flying at the gate, and an A cat or two.

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/08/09 08:07 PM

Updated Open Spin and Open Portsmouth Results

Open Spinnaker

Open Portsmouth
Posted By: David Parker

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/08/09 09:29 PM

Wattzza RDGa?
Posted By: Mugrace72

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/08/09 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by David Parker
Wattzza RDGa?

I think it means you weren't there on an optional first day and they average your points for the other days, Dave.
Posted By: Jake

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/08/09 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mugrace72
Originally Posted by David Parker
Wattzza RDGa?

I think it means you weren't there on an optional first day and they average your points for the other days, Dave.

Must have been the invisible crew sailing it too. wink

Re: WildCat Regatta, Eustis, FL, Results - 10/09/09 11:15 PM

RDGa = average of all races sailed including the throwout and as Jack said it's how we calcluate races for those that can't make all 3 days.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums