Catsailor.com

Freeze your A-cat Off!

Posted By: Jake

Freeze your A-cat Off! - 10/29/09 08:46 PM

It's official, Keowee Sailing Club is happy to host the first annual "freeze your a-cat off" regatta. In all reality, the "freezing" part is relative only to the Floridians that will probably migrate up this direction. Water temps will still be high 60's / low 70's and air temps in the 60's during the day.

This is a simple low-cost a-cat regatta. Bring your own slab of meat/fish/chicken for the grill on Saturday night or we may organize a group outing at one of the many fine local establishments.

I tried to attach the NOR but the 100k limit killed me...look for the NOR soon at Emsa-Sailing.org
(and don't shoot the messenger...you guys have been on a rant about NORs).
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 10/30/09 03:24 AM

When?
Too soon for an NOR, apparently.
I pulled a hamstring racing a big tri last weekend. If I'm semi healed I'd like to come to Keowee.
Tawd

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 10/30/09 03:26 AM

Nov 14 - 15. I'll post the text from the NOR tomorrow when I get a chance.

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 10/30/09 03:27 AM

I may be squared away by then.
Posted By: Rickh

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 10/30/09 10:45 AM

It is posted on the USACA (A CAT) web site under upcoming events. I need a head count. Thanks, Rick
Posted By: mikekrantz

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 10/30/09 11:16 AM

I'll be there - Mike K

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 10/30/09 12:53 PM

Freeze Your A-Cat Off
Keowee Sailing Club
P.O. Box 353
Seneca, SC 29679
November 14, 15 2009
NOTICE OF RACE
The Keowee Sailing Club invites you to the Freeze Your A-Cat Off Regatta. This regatta is open to all A-Cats and will be a two-day event held on Saturday, Nov. 14, and Sunday Nov. 15, 2009.
The regatta is governed by the RACING RULES OF SAILING, USSA prescriptions of sailing, applicable class rules, and sailing instructions (available at registration). 5 or more races anticipated. One race will constitute a regatta.
Courses will be described in the Sailing Instructions;
Camping and plug-ins for RV’s. Sat dinner is bring your own meat, sides and drinks will be provided. Also close to local restaurants and nightlife.

Open To All A Class Catamarans

Entry Fee $20 per boat

Anticipated Schedule of Events
Friday, Nov. 13
1400 Club Grounds Open

Saturday, Nov 14
0800 Registration Opens
1100 Competitor’s Meeting
1130 Registration Closes
1200 First Flag
1830 Fire the Grills,
Sunday, Nov. 15
0730 Coffee and Donuts
0945 Racing Resumes
Awards ASAP after completion of races; the number of trophies per fleet will depend on the size of the fleet.

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 10/30/09 12:53 PM

Count me in.

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 10/30/09 04:10 PM

I'm gonna try and make it.
Todd Hart

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 02:23 AM

So how'd it go. We had a little weather and the frickin' Vdub is actin' up again. Sorry I missed it.

Little bit o' weather.
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 03:39 AM

Buy a Dodge Ram.

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 03:27 PM

great! It got up to 80 degrees on Saturday and about 76 on Sunday. The breeze didn't really show up but we had extremely close racing with a gaggle of a-cats none-the-less. Rick Harper somehow committed a "golden horseshoe-ectomy" on me and whooped us all in the light stuff. Joe Leonard (Alabama) claimed second - but really made Rick sweat it out. I was third. Krantz 4th. It was a good time.

Looks like you finally got to live on that private island you've always dreamed about!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 03:57 PM

"golden horseshoe-ectomy"

afraid to ask...

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by arbo06
Buy a Dodge Ram.

Show me a dodge ram that sleeps 3 has a furnace,sink fridge,and stove, that gets 20 miles to the gallon(when it runs right) and I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
Besides I'm a Chevy man.

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by andrewscott

afraid to ask...

That's pretty self explanatory. Jake's accusing Rick of being Lucky and not as good as him..i.e. pulling a gold horseshoe out o' his posterior(that's butt).
Congrats to Rick,good job.

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever
Originally Posted by andrewscott

afraid to ask...

That's pretty self explanatory. Jake's accusing Rick of being Lucky and not as good as him..i.e. pulling a gold horseshoe out o' his posterior(that's butt).
Congrats to Rick,good job.

Well..yeah - close. I'm claiming that I've been extremely lucky in light air on the a-cat this year and that Rick seemed to have a better run at it this time. No slight at Rick was meant...it was the running joke on Sunday.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 06:10 PM

So does this mean I accuse you of being lucky at Catfest without getting hit over the head with a saxophone next time I see you? :P

</tongue in cheek>
Posted By: tshan

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
Joe Leonard (Alabama) claimed second - but really made Rick sweat it out.

Jim L is in Alabama (A, F17, Moth,...). Jim was talking about going to FYACO while at Cat Caper, did he make it?

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by tshan
Joe Leonard (Alabama) claimed second - but really made Rick sweat it out.

Jim L is in Alabama (A, F17, Moth,...). Jim was talking about going to FYACO while at Cat Caper, did he make it?

Ummmm...yes? That's how he got second place.

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Undecided
So does this mean I accuse you of being lucky at Catfest without getting hit over the head with a saxophone next time I see you? :P

</tongue in cheek>

No - there has to be at least some variation in the series of results to claim that luck had any part in it. 11 straight aint' it. laugh

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Undecided

</tongue in cheek>

No - there has to be at least some variation in the series of results to claim that luck had any part in it. 11 straight aint' it. laugh

You buying new hats to go with that swelled head? laugh
Posted By: tshan

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 08:06 PM

You said earlier that Joe Leonard got second place. Joe is not the same person as Jim.

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/17/09 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by tshan

You said earlier that Joe Leonard got second place. Joe is not the same person as Jim.

Aye...yes...Jim Leonard...the guy SAILING an EVO...not the Joe guy building the EVO. Correction.
Posted By: KenReid

Re: Freeze your A-cat Off! - 11/26/09 01:32 AM

Great location and a nice group. We had a nice dinner at the local Tiki hut Friday, and an even better one at BYOM Saturday night at the lake. A second place on Sunday pulled me out out the basement-woo hoo. Did every one get to try Mike's electric skateboard ? What a hoot that is.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums