Catsailor.com

Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear

Posted By: hoofhearted

Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/04/09 12:09 PM

Hi all. We ran into an interesting shoe at a shoestore the other night. A "barefoot technology" shoe called the "Vibram Fivefingers" shoe. Looks to be an interesting summer wear trap bootie/shoe. Anybody out there have any expericene with this footwear? Thanks Craig
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/04/09 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by hoofhearted
Hi all. We ran into an interesting shoe at a shoestore the other night. A "barefoot technology" shoe called the "Vibram Fivefingers" shoe. Looks to be an interesting summer wear trap bootie/shoe. Anybody out there have any expericene with this footwear? Thanks Craig

A buddy of mine has them and loves them! He even plays golf in them, but you can't find a shoe that is more gay than Fivefingers! They are expensive for what they are too.
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/04/09 03:02 PM

you can't find a shoe that is more gay than Fivefingers

"Festive" is the new gay.

Attached picture Weird shoe.jpg
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/04/09 04:33 PM

Looks like a great way to lose just one toe at a time...

I think Trojan makes something similar too...
Posted By: Headhunter

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/04/09 04:49 PM

Those are hideous and way over-priced, so they'll likely become as popular as crocs.
Posted By: pgp

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/04/09 04:51 PM

Crocs are the best thing I've ever done for my lower back. Pain gone.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/04/09 05:54 PM

So there is footwear even gay-er than crocs?

I've seen (and like) split-toe surf booties, but what is the advantage of the five-split design? Maybe for those with monkey-feet phalanges who grip trees?

Why not just bare feet?
Posted By: _flatlander_

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/04/09 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by pgp
Crocs are the best thing I've ever done for my lower back. Pain gone.
Pete, careful man, DON'T wear those crocs on a smooth, wet surface! I've got a torn muniscus (sp?) as a result. I still like the crocs, but have relagated them to house slippers.

I've found anything other than low-mid priced shoes were the answer to what I was told was plantar faciitis, my wife convinced me otherwise (she used to sell shoes).

(Bill) Keen are great example of casual/water shoes with excellent support for the foot (and whole body, back, etc.) Bill has since left and started Mion brand, which are primarily water shoes. Not much better in the looks department, compared to those five fingers, (can you say "clown shoes"?) but the support is impeccable.
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/04/09 06:06 PM

I think Trojan makes something similar too...

OK, this calls for a joke:
A drunk woman passes out in a cow pasture. She wakes up on her back lying right under the back end of a cow. At first she's confused by what she is seeing but then smiles and says, "One at a time boys! One at a time!"

Attached picture Ugly shoe.jpg
Posted By: Capt_Cardiac

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/05/09 08:21 PM

I had a pair of these vibrams. you either love em or hate em. they are expensive and hideous to look at. they also don't float... don't ask me how i know. they make a set that has a strap that goes over the top. do yourself a favor a get that version. fast moving water has a way of sweeping them off of your feet without it. good luck.

Posted By: hoofhearted

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/10/09 01:35 PM

Thank you all for your input. Final decision was to skip these. Th egoal was to look for summer wear, and Gill make a shoe that matches their boot. Looks to be the way to go. Thank you everyone.
Posted By: Sunvista

Re: Footwear question: "Vibram fivefingers" footwear - 12/10/09 03:48 PM

I had a stand up jetski and searched for years for the perfect aquatic footwear. I needed grip, lateral support, quick drying and (because I'm at the beach) ability for sand and pebbles to wash out of the shoe as quickly as it comes in. On a stand up jetski the hardest thing to find was a shoe that would actually stay on my foot. I finally found the Teva Dozer. I even bought several pair in case they ever stop making them. Also great for sailing, kayaking, white water sports.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums