Catsailor.com

Merry Christmas!

Posted By: arbo06

Merry Christmas! - 12/25/09 02:36 PM

What did Santamaran bring for you this year? I got nice dry suit and a floorsafe?
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/09 02:47 PM

Hey Bubba...Back to Ya...(saving a text)

Got a GoPro HD Hero Camera. Wish I was able to put it on for the boat for the Steeplechase run to the Card Sound bridge. The firehose run was insane.
Posted By: Capt_Cardiac

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/09 04:04 PM

I got a dry suit that fits great. the gaskets are tight though. how tight should they be? is this something i should just get used to?
Posted By: John Williams

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/09 04:11 PM

You want them water tight but not choking-tight. Trim them by using good scissors or a razor blade to cut away concentric circles of gasket until you get a fit you like. Some have ribs to give you a guide.
Posted By: zander

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/09 05:20 PM

Be careful cutting. I stretched my neck seal over a saucepan to trim it carefully. If you get to diagonal it will rip right to the fabric. I know, I've seen it happen.
Posted By: Mugrace72

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/09 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Capt_Cardiac
I got a dry suit that fits great.

I love sailing in Florida! cool

We might even go TODAY grin
Posted By: scooby_simon

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/25/09 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by arbo06
What did Santamaran bring for you this year? I got nice dry suit and a floorsafe?

Salomon Falcon Ski boots; New crash helmet (smashed up the other one in a bit of a crash); more Ski socks; Couple of books. Happy Children. smile
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/26/09 12:49 AM

New Tommy Bahama outfit from my wife. Deep, deep, deep, down she really loves me.
Posted By: Capt_Cardiac

Re: Merry Christmas! - 12/26/09 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by John Williams
You want them water tight but not choking-tight. Trim them by using good scissors or a razor blade to cut away concentric circles of gasket until you get a fit you like. Some have ribs to give you a guide.

AHA! so thats how that works. i tried to wear it for awhile and my face was turning purple! my wife suggested i take the suit off before i pass out. it was one of those lmao kind of moments!! thanks for the advice.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums