Catsailor.com

Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR

Posted By: JMAC

Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 01/06/10 03:05 PM

NOR/Entry form below. This will be the weekend before Hobie Midwinters East in Pascagoula, MS (1.5 hour drive), so come down and join us for a WARM up and do both events back 2 back!

Pensacola/ Performance Midwinters East‘2010
Pensacola Beach, Fl. March 12, 13 &14
F-17 – NACRA 20 MW & Formula 18 Southeastern Series

What-Where Pensacola/Performance Midwinters East - Pensacola Beach At Quietwater Beach (Alternate site will be Fort Pickens Gate)

All Beach Catamaran classes, 5 boats make a class Limited # of Charter Boats available 20’s and F 18’s, F 17 THIS IS AN OPEN EVENT

Thursday afternoon and Friday Registration at Key Sailing
Friday (1PM) tentative steeplechase or distance race (Does not count in final scoring).
Saturday Late registration 8-10AM at race site 10:00 AM Skippers meeting with Racing to follow (probably 11AM) Dinner party TBA.
Sunday start TBA (Probably 10AM) Trophies ASAP after racing

Host hotel is the Paradise Inn 800 301 5925. 850 932 2319 Group code is "Key Sailing Races." Comfort Inn 932 5400
Pensacola Beach Tourist information 800 635-4803. Fort Pickens camp ground is now open. Contact Kirk for more RV info 850-932-5520 If we know ahead we may be able to find a location to park.

For other information contact Key Sailing or Mark Smith at 800 874 0106 ext 241 or 866 KEY SAIL 850-932-5520 www.keysailing.com e-mail kirk@keysailing.com

Single handed Boats $50. Double Handed is $75. Late Fee After 2/25 Add $50.00

PERFORMANCE MIDWINTERS EAST REGISTRATION FORM

Boat Type: __________ Sail Number:____________

T-Shirt Sizes:________ US Sailing #:________________________

Skipper:______________________________________________

Crew:______________________________________

Address:______________________________________

City:___________________________ St:___ Zip:__________

Phone:_____________________________

E-mail:_______________________________ Fee Paid:____________

Checks Payable : Key Team Sailing Club, C/O Key Sailing, 500 Quietwater Beach Rd. #14, Pensacola Beach, Fl. 32561

Posted By: hoofhearted

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 01/07/10 02:04 PM

Craig and Deborah will be there, Nacra 20.
Posted By: wildtsail

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 01/07/10 03:35 PM

Is there any way to fly into this area economically for this event? Maybe flying to somewhere besides Pensacola.
I looked last year and just looked last night and flights are almost $500... probably because of Spring Break?
Posted By: P.M.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 01/07/10 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by wildtsail
Is there any way to fly into this area economically for this event? Maybe flying to somewhere besides Pensacola.
I looked last year and just looked last night and flights are almost $500... probably because of Spring Break?

You can check the rate into Ft. Walton (nonstops from ATL). Southwest is adding flights to Panama City, but not sure when they start. You can catch a ride with me from Birmingham (BHM), which Southwest services.
Posted By: Capt_Cardiac

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 01/07/10 06:27 PM

Consider Mobile Regional (MOB) as well. its an hour from Pensacola. Even if we think its chilly here in march it will be balmy for you!

cc
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 01/07/10 08:08 PM

If you get a flight to Hotlanta, we can pick you up and drive ya Todd.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 01/07/10 09:24 PM

Thanks guys..very tempting! I'm just tossing around ideas on how to get back on the water between Tradewinds and Tybee. Would need to figure out lots of other things.. boat, crew, etc. Thought about asking the guys that bought my 20 if one of them would want to sail with me. (wouldn't mind getting back on a 20 either!)
I'd drive our infusions up there after Tradewinds but I don't think there will be many f18s? and I can't leave the tow vehicle down there anymore and won't be able to afford another trip driving.
Posted By: BoK

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 01/11/10 03:01 PM

Southwest service to Panama City Beach, FL begins May 23, 2010.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/23/10 02:09 AM

We had 65 degrees this past Saturday, got the Ice Pick Regatta this coming Saturday as a Warm Up....If you haven't already, please email or call Keysailing to let them know you're planning to come.

Word from the Captain is Pre-Reg deadline has been extended to March 1st (2 weeks from today).

Posted By: TeamTeets

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/23/10 03:56 AM

Any F17's registered?
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/23/10 02:45 PM

Is there a preregistration list? It's a lot of $$ and a long way to go if there are only a few boats.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/23/10 02:59 PM

I think we only have a few folks already paid, which is why I put out the bump. Kirk and the gang were talking up putting on the usual good show yesterday at the shop, just need to bring the racers.

Not sure about F17's, Bobcat has moved back into A-Cat bliss! But everyone is welcome to join in the festivus....including A's, Hobies, AHPC's, etc....

Dave, I know you know the perks - sugar white sand, laid back island times, etc....hope you can join us!
Posted By: PTP

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 12:27 AM

The turnout for this race is usually pretty good. I was not able to go last year... but probably needed a break after breaking hull the year before and tearing a main the year before that!
I will be there, as master tactician, weatherman, strategist, and overall b*tch on REDRUM (maybe that ought to be the name eh?). Some other inconsequential dude is going to be driving.

JMAC... what are you driving these days?
Posted By: dave mosley

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 01:16 AM

The Hula chips a the resteraunt above Kirks place(name?) is worth the drive by itself...
Posted By: PTP

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 01:23 AM

Surf Burger

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 02:44 AM

The HOT waitresses at (I think it's) Hemingways? by Kirks place is worth the drive itself... we had dinner there the night after the Tybee when we bought our Infusion... we told our REALLY hot waitress about the race and she was very interested in doing road crew this year... if I figure out her name someone needs to remind her for me.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 03:10 AM

The HOT waitresses at (I think it's) Hemingways? by Kirks place is worth the drive itself... we had dinner there the night after the Tybee when we bought our Infusion... we told our REALLY hot waitress about the race and she was very interested in doing road crew this year... if I figure out her name someone needs to remind her for me.

Now look here...if you're going to be part of this team, you need to take better notes.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by dave mosley
The Hula chips a the resteraunt above Kirks place(name?) is worth the drive by itself...

So you're going then?

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 03:49 PM

The HOT waitresses at (I think it's) Hemingways? by Kirks place is worth the drive itself...

blah, blah, blah, if you go we'll go! Sweetness was not happy about finishing behind you in January and wants another crack at team punk.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 04:09 PM

team punk.

Truer words hath never been spoken.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram
The HOT waitresses at (I think it's) Hemingways? by Kirks place is worth the drive itself...

blah, blah, blah, if you go we'll go! Sweetness was not happy about finishing behind you in January and wants another crack at team punk.

Easy now - them thar "punks" are part of my posy now.
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jake

Is that posse or posie, I think Posie fits better for Ricky Riccardi and Team Punk. Like "pocket full of..."

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 04:53 PM

Cool! When can we expect our "Team Punk!" ball caps?

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 07:26 PM

If you ever beat them again.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 07:28 PM

If you ever beat them again.

Wow! It didn't take long for you to assimilate. Nice one though, kudos.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 07:37 PM

hahah...like I said..they're part of the Team Seacats posse now!
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/24/10 07:44 PM

hahah...like I said..they're part of the Team Seacats posse now!

You got all but 2 of the letters right.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/25/10 02:23 PM

Well i'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves yesterday, I was up in Vermont skiing in 30"+ of fresh powder.
Not planning to go to this event but Ding i'll give you your chance at Spring Fever (I think) but if you wear Team Punk hats then I think that makes you the punk!
Posted By: Chris9

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/25/10 02:27 PM

in Vermont skiing in 30"+ of fresh powder

Nice! Where did you go? Those days are rare in NE.

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/25/10 02:59 PM

Well i'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves yesterday, I was up in Vermont skiing in 30"+ of fresh powder.
Not planning to go to this event but Ding i'll give you your chance at Spring Fever (I think) but if you wear Team Punk hats then I think that makes you the punk!

I was thinking the "Team Punk" hat would go nicely with my "Official A$$HOLE" T-Shirt, and yes it will be proudly featured next month during the F18 weigh in at Spring Fever.

See you next month punk boy (maybe), or do you prefer sunshine?

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 02/25/10 03:15 PM

I do have a hat press! Be warned!

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 03/05/10 11:58 AM

bump

Re: Performance/Pensacola Midwinters NOR - 03/05/10 05:18 PM

I got word from Kirk this AM that the late fee is waived but let him know if you are planning on being there. contact him at: keysailing@keysailing.com
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums