Catsailor.com

AC coverage to broadcast live on the internet...

Posted By: mikekrantz

AC coverage to broadcast live on the internet... - 01/25/10 09:07 PM

"The two fastest boats in history will fight for the America’s Cup over race courses that are up to six times bigger than the ones used in the 32nd America’s Cup. For this reason, the TV coverage of the racing will be key. For the first time in history, the races will be broadcast live and free of charge through www.americascup.com to reach the biggest, widest possible audience, including all the fans who will not be able to be in Valencia to witness live this historic competition"
Posted By: abbman

Re: AC coverage to broadcast live on the internet... - 01/25/10 09:16 PM

Yaaaaaaaaaaay. That is great news.
Posted By: Jake

Re: AC coverage to broadcast live on the internet... - 01/25/10 09:36 PM

I planning a party at 4am at my house each morning before work - we'll have to keep the drinking to a minimum (that is, for those of us not taking the day off) and it shoots to heck my drinking game I was planning related to protest flags.
Posted By: brucat

Re: AC coverage to broadcast live on the internet... - 01/25/10 10:03 PM

Yeah, and it's not like you can take a vacation, because with the SIs vs. expected weather, it's going to be REALLY hard to predict when races will actually happen.

Mike
Posted By: brucat

Re: AC coverage to broadcast live on the internet... - 01/25/10 10:21 PM

Wow. I just re-read that press release. I really hope they've been working on this for longer than it appears. Can you imagine the logistical horror show of trying to line up all the media and retail operations in less than 2 weeks? Someone's going to be writing some insane checks, and it's a project manager's dream.

Mike
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums