Catsailor.com

Infusion port daggerboard pull up line

Posted By: CatSailingHu

Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 11:31 AM

I have heard about some guys implemented a pull up system for the infusion port dagger board. Does anybody know how is it work ? Maybe some pictures ?
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 02:12 PM

I'd like some of that too please.
Posted By: wildtsail

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 04:37 PM

A crew with really long arms works just as well if not better.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 04:47 PM

I'd imagine its probably like the "tape" systems that have been mentioned before. A piece of long tape like material is attached to the inside of the board just above the point where the board exits the dagger trunk below the hull. this tape slides down inside the trunk when the board is pushed down. A line attached to the tape is yanked when you wanna pull the board up.

At least thats how I've seen these types of systems work before.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 05:34 PM

it's nylon webbing and the Capricorn uses it for the boards.

In many cases (on the a-cats anyway) there is a recess in the daggerboard trunk to allow clearance for the knot end of the line. If that recess/slot isn't there, I have seen some folks run the thin nylon webbing straight through board and tie back onto the deck (it gives you 2:1 purchase on lifting the board). Probably need to glue in some sort of nylon hard spot in the board to prevent sawing through the laminate.

Granted, I'm shorthanded on the A - but I wouldn't sail without it there. Its a great system on any boat.
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 05:56 PM

Marstrom also uses this system. Misha had it on his black Tiger too.
Posted By: NacraKid

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 06:07 PM

Offical name is the up fuker.

You dont need webbing, we use a bit of tapered 4mm. In the board you need to drill a hole all the way through the board (just big enough to fit the line through) then on the port side you need drill a fairly large holl a few mm in to the board so that the knot can sit in it and not obsrtuct the board. In the case cut away abit of the carpet where the line runs into the slot.

On our infusion we run the line under the tramp and have a eyelet on the starboard side where it comes out and then goes through a block and ties off on the toe strap.
Posted By: John Williams

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 06:17 PM

****" on the Capricorn, Viper and C2.
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 06:27 PM

****"?
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 06:46 PM

How about if your singlehanded on an F16 in heavy air...

You say "Phuck IT, I got to much going on to worry about the boards." smile

Posted By: HangOver

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 07:27 PM

So do you have to seal the board where you cut the hole through to keep water out and do you reinforce it any?

I'm also interested in what you do where the webbing or line runs out of the trunk and over the deck to stop it wearing through or keep friction down.

Pics would be great

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 07:34 PM

Might be able to take pics this weekend.

On standard glass boards its ussaly been ok to drill emm and if needed put a bit of filler in. With Carbon boards you have to be more carful and its best to ask the guy who made wats best to do.

Havent had any probs of wear and friction, doesent move very fast really.
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 03/30/10 07:39 PM

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll92/hobie18rich/mundial_nigran_2008_377.jpg [Linked Image]

This is Misha's Tiger with a marstrom board.
Posted By: CatSailingHu

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 04/01/10 08:05 AM

tanks to all for the post and pictures.
now the only question for me how to organise the lines
Posted By: Kennethsf

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 04/01/10 09:15 PM

ask the Hungary dealer {www.nacra.hu]- he should be able to get you a line & webbing set from Nacra Europe

Re: Infusion port daggerboard pull up line - 04/02/10 09:25 PM

Dont bother with a line a webbing, all you need to do is taper down some 4/6mm dyneema, so that the tapered bit goes into the dagger board box.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums