Catsailor.com

Combined Catamaran Championship 2010

Posted By: ewindsail

Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 04/28/10 06:18 PM

The Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 (NACRA North Americans and F18 North Americans) is only 103 days away. Have you registered? CRAW has made registration very easy and it only takes a minute to take care of. Online registration can be found at crawsailing.org. Further reminder that all boats planning to compete in the F18 championship must be certified in accordance with the class rules. How many that have planned to attend have made arrangements to get your certification or have received your certification?
CRAW has a great event planned and looks forward to hosting sailors from all over North America. Make the commitment and get registered for the premier event of the year!!
Posted By: Capt_Cardiac

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 04/29/10 12:32 AM

I had every intention of going to Racine in August. My boss decided to move me at the wrong time and ruin my family vacation which included a detour to Cedar Point to ride the roller coasters. this was going to be a 2 week for the whole family but alas i'm going to miss it all. Everything I've heard about Racine says its totally worth the trip. sorry i can't make it.

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 04/29/10 12:15 PM

Sounds like its time to start looking for a new job when it interferes with the sailing season smile

How about the other Flordia 20's

Right now it looks like its Mr Kohl against the CRAW group smile

Mike I know you're down in Caryle but you don't count because you sail with us often enough smile
Posted By: NCSUtrey

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 04/29/10 11:35 PM

If the Cuba Run gets cancelled, I'm in.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/04/10 01:12 AM

Ok, we've had four whole days without any mention of this epic event - clearly more than enough, so here's some more shameless publicity...

If you go to the list of registered competitors at http://crawsailing.net/Racine2010/attending, we now have a map at the bottom of the page showing where all the teams are coming from (by skipper's city). It gives a pretty interesting view of how many people have signed up so far and just how geographically diverse the teams are. 34 boats signed up so far - 32 from 12 states and 2 from Canada. Click the markers for team details. And get yourself on the map!
Posted By: PTP

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/04/10 02:20 AM

do you really think the Cuba run is going to happen?
Posted By: Dan_Delave

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/04/10 03:15 PM

There are at least 4 more teams from the West Coast that have not put their names on that list. I have already received deposits from them for a space on the container.

Later,
Dan
Posted By: pgp

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/04/10 03:19 PM

Hi Dan: Would you mind posting some details on your container?

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/05/10 04:14 PM

Pete:

I do not know what you want to know. It will be a 40 foot container that will go mostly by rail to the event. They have a spot in the parking lot for us. We will ship between 8 and 10 boats. It is capable of more. We will buy some wood and design racks which will be installed on the day we load the boats. The hulls will be bolted to the racks the same as they are bolted to the crossbars. All boats will be taken apart. What else would you like to know?

Later,
Dan
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/05/10 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dan_Delave
Pete:

I do not know what you want to know. It will be a 40 foot container that will go mostly by rail to the event. They have a spot in the parking lot for us. We will ship between 8 and 10 boats. It is capable of more. We will buy some wood and design racks which will be installed on the day we load the boats. The hulls will be bolted to the racks the same as they are bolted to the crossbars. All boats will be taken apart. What else would you like to know?

Later,
Dan

Can you send the container to FL so I can load my boat?

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/05/10 05:08 PM

Well, price is always helpful but knowing the boats are coming apart and going by rail were the big items.

Thanks.

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/05/10 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram

Can you send the container to FL so I can load my boat?

How many boats do you have coming from your area? Eileen and I took a double stack trailer and carried three boats to Florida, with two of the boats taken apart.

I am planning on the price for the Container at about $500 per team, round trip including drop off at the event.

Later,
Dan

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/05/10 05:47 PM

I was kidding, I'm double stacking with Beth Bonifant and the rif raf she hangs out with.

500 bucks in exchange for 44 hours a driving sounds like a fair deal to me.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/05/10 06:25 PM

I was kidding, I'm double stacking with Beth Bonifant and the rif raf she hangs out with.

That freaky parks N rec guy? Don't wear your hat or tell him you've got a facebook account!

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/05/10 06:27 PM

Thanks again Dan. I'll bet gas is more than $500 round trip, pulling a single boat.

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/05/10 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb

That freaky parks N rec guy? Don't wear your hat or tell him you've got a facebook account!

I don't care what what you say, a Tilly Hat and a Facebook account doesn't make you gay. Okay maybe the Facebook account does but the Tilly Hat thing is a bum rap.

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/06/10 12:49 PM

If you miss this one you will be kicking yourself. CRAW is looking forward to hosting a great event!! Check out the latest newsletter at 2010 Catamaran Championship Newsletter Please remember that your F18 must be measured and have a valid certificate. Get her done!! Registration link is 2010 Catamaran Championship Racine WI

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/06/10 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by pgp
Thanks again Dan. I'll bet gas is more than $500 round trip, pulling a single boat.

Each way is about 2200 miles for us. That is two days each way in driving plus the gas would be about $700 total to take one boat. With the slightly worse gas mileage taking two would be about $850. That would not have been too good on the 1995 Mustang we own with 250,000(soft?) miles on it.

If we only had 3 to 4 teams I was going to take a Hummer or Range Rover. That would get about 9 to 10 MPG and cost about $1500 in gas. That does not consider wear and tear on the car or the time driving. The container looks very attractive when there are many participating.

The other negotiation...who is going to do the driving? As much as I am okay with long drives I did not want to do both ways.

Later,
Dan
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/06/10 03:25 PM

I don't care what what you say, a Tilly Hat and a Facebook account doesn't make you gay.

But it sure does cast some shadows of suspision!
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 - 05/06/10 04:23 PM

Facebook most definitely makes you gay. Regardless of whatever choice of hat you wear.

Re: Combined Catamaran Championship 2010 starts in 91 days - 05/10/10 01:18 PM

I know that Tybee starts today but just a reminder that the 2010 Combined Catamaran Championship starts in 91 days Get registered and plan on a great week of racing and parties
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums