Catsailor.com

Cross country boat transport assistance?

Posted By: davefarmer

Cross country boat transport assistance? - 06/08/10 03:48 AM

I'm once again contemplating purchasing a boat(ARC 22) that's as far across the country as possible. It's in FL, and I'm in Spokane, WA. And my back hates long road trips. Anyone heading west in the next few months? Dollars could change hands. I don't need it all the way across country, and I visit MN every summer(for sailing!). Know anyone who might be be so induced? Thanks!!!!!!

Dave Farmer
Spokane, WA 509 276 6355
Posted By: Dan Berger

Re: Cross country boat transport assistance? - 06/08/10 01:49 PM

Dave,

I had my SC15 delivered from Texas to Virginia for about $700. There is a cool transportation site where you create and ad and transporters bid on the job. It is free for you and it is very cool. I was VERY pleased with the people that brought my boat. Most of the transporters had no idea what a catamaran was or the dimensions, so you will have to be very descriptive and add pictures.

The site is www.UShip.com.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Cross country boat transport assistance? - 06/08/10 02:39 PM

If someone could get it to Racine, I can get it to Minnesota.
Posted By: Ventucky Red

Re: Cross country boat transport assistance? - 06/08/10 03:47 PM

Try U-Ship, like Dan said, just enter all your information and they bid on it. Guy down the street from me sold his Porsche 912 to a guy in New York and they used this service. Very pleased with it.

Or, you fly there, rent a truck, do a one way rental, and tow the boat back.

Posted By: Clayton

Re: Cross country boat transport assistance? - 06/08/10 03:56 PM

Another option is to find a local (or somewhat local) trucker that might be dead heading back your direction. Sometimes they'll do it for cost of fuel... OTOH that could be substantial. Worth a try. I have a friend that does Hot shot deliverys, most times driving back empty. Drives a pickup too. Wrong part of the country though.

Looking back on post, may be just rambling.

C

Re: Cross country boat transport assistance? - 06/08/10 07:12 PM

All that's great guys! Dan, a shipper I just talked to also recommended Uship. And Karl made me an offer, seeing as he's building a fleet of Vipers in the midwest one boat at a time! Working out affordable transport is the only way it's feasible for me to pull off this purchase. Thanks!

Dave
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Cross country boat transport assistance? - 06/09/10 07:41 PM

I'm looking at trying to get a 20 from New York to at least Cincinnati, Ohio.
Posted By: windswept

Re: Cross country boat transport assistance? - 06/11/10 01:52 AM

I have shipped two large boats using Uship and have found that if you interview the shipper correctly you will have no issues. The first time I used the site, I had issues with the first person I hired, but the money I had given was returned when he decided that he could not do the trip. Had to do with boat and trailer width. Both jobs cost less then what I would have spent doing it myself.

Re: Cross country boat transport assistance? - 06/11/10 04:17 AM

Thanks Tom!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums