Catsailor.com

Racine Catamaran Championships 2010

Posted By: ewindsail

Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/21/10 02:22 PM

The Racine Catamaran Championship 2010 is almost here!!!!! For those of you who have signed up to attend this EPIC event CRAW and the Racine Yacht Club would like to say thanks. For those who have not you still have a chance to attend. You can still register at crawsailing.org. Racine Catamaran Championship

Now for a couple of questions.

When do you anticipate arriving??

Are you planning to sail the CRAW pre-regatta on August 7 &
8??

For the F18 guys have you got your boat measured and have your certificate.

Have you sent a copy of your insurance policy showing proof of coverage? If not don’t forget to bring it with!!!!

CRAW is looking forward to providing all competitors the most amazing, full service cat regatta ever held.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/21/10 02:37 PM

Kathy and I along with the Bonifant's are scheduled to arrive Friday afternoon.

I'm not planning on racing the pre-regatta, I don't want Ricky to get discouraged before the big show.

Boat is measured and stickers applied

Papers are in order
Posted By: Dan_Delave

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/21/10 07:18 PM

One of the boats coming from California:

I need to know where the drop off for the container is. I was told that it will be at the Yacht Club. I also need to have a contact name there when it arrives on Tues or Wed.

I am not planning on sailing the regatta beforehand. Plan to arrive Friday.

Later,
Dan DeLave

Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 Where are the F17 boats - 07/29/10 02:22 PM

OK time is short and CRAW is getting all the last details in place for the Racine Catamaran Championship. Racine Catamaran Championship 2010 Where are all the F17 boats?? We have one confirmed and paid and 3 pending What's up with that?? You do not want to miss this regatta. You still have time to get registered and enjoy 5 great days of sailing and parties.
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/29/10 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram

I'm not planning on racing the pre-regatta, I don't want Ricky to get discouraged before the big show.

Papers are in order

Take it to the PUNK, Ding.

Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 F17 boats - 07/29/10 02:52 PM

Where oh where are the F17's ???

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/29/10 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Team_Cat_Fever

Take it to the PUNKS, Ding.

That's the plan, and he better have my hat!
Posted By: John Williams

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/30/10 03:46 AM

Since I couldn't get any other sucker to take the job, I have to be the jerk:

DO NOT WAIT! IF YOU HAVE NOT CERTIFIED YOUR F18 SOMETIME SINCE LAST SEPTEMBER, I WILL NOT BE HAPPY TO SEE YOU. I'll be fine once the event starts, but the check-in is starting to sound like a royal pain in the butt for one guy. You can contribute to a sense of harmony and calm if YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR BOAT RIGHT NOW, TODAY. If your name isn't on the LIST (updated daily), then you are IN FOR A HEADACHE. The headache will be minor on an individual scale, but for the people that have to take care of 20 small headaches, I can guarantee frazzled and frayed nerves.

Bottom line, please get your certificate in order. Don't leave it to someone else, or assume, or plead ignorance.

See you soon.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/30/10 01:57 PM

Papers are in order

Fixed it for ya Todd, Brendon is okay plus he's a F!@#ing giant.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/30/10 02:01 PM

And that goes double for me! I really am an a$$hole with the shirt to prove it.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/30/10 03:38 PM

Papers are in order

Fixed it for ya Todd, Brendon is okay plus he's a F!@#ing giant.

Fixed permanently.
Yep, Brendon is top shelf. Jury is still WAY out on that other guy though.
Good luck.Tell Mr. Bonifant I said "Hi".

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/30/10 03:43 PM

Got three phone calls this morning. See how easy that is? To clear things up a little: just having a completed form does not certify a boat. The form has to be submitted to the Class by the measurer, and the fee has to be received. I understand if there are a couple of little things left to fill out, like rudder weight or something minor. We'll get you squared away, but if you are MOST of the way there, go ahead and submit the form and PayPal the fee. If you bought a boat that has a completed form already, you just pay for a set of stickers. If your boat doesn't have a form and you never paid your measurer, you're on the hook for the whole fee.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 07/30/10 06:12 PM

Nine boats certified today, so far!

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/03/10 12:19 PM

Hi guys,

Ok, we now have a blog on the RCC site to serve as a place for news during the event and any information you may want to share about the event. The blog is located at Racine Catamaran Championship blog , and there is a link to it in the sidebar menu on the main RCC landing page. CRAW is also planning to post as many photos as possible each day

Have fun !!! Enjoy

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/03/10 03:26 PM

I tried to add a blog post, regarding teams from California, but there was no option for it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/03/10 04:23 PM

Sorry I didn't include a sign-up link since I imagined only a small number of people would be posting articles. But you're more than welcome to do so - you'll just need to sign up (sorry this is separate from your event registration account). Go here and hit the 'register' link. You'll get an email with login info.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/03/10 04:33 PM

BTW, email me if you have any problems - mark.thomson@ieee.org.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/03/10 09:18 PM

Is wi-fi available at RYC?

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/04/10 03:29 PM

Just a quick FYI Don't forget a copy of your insurance policy if you have not sent it in with your registration. Looking forward to seeing all participants in the next few days Drive safe and see you in Racine.

Capt. CHAOS

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/04/10 03:32 PM

If we have sent the insurance policy with registration and it shows as "verified" on-line, do we still need to bring a hard copy? The NOR seems to indicate a hard copy is required at check-in.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/04/10 06:20 PM

No If you have sent it in you are good to go! We have the copy on file and it has been reviewed and determined adaquate as required in the NOR.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/04/10 08:01 PM

Sweet! As my friend Forrest once said, "One less thing!"
Posted By: SurfCityRacing

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/05/10 07:28 PM

Forget sailing. I'm covering Surfing!

[Linked Image]

JC's raking the beach. Everyone's setting up. It's Game on!

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/05/10 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by SurfCityRacing
Forget sailing. I'm covering Surfing!

[Linked Image]

JC's raking the beach. Everyone's setting up. It's Game on!

those are the biggest centerboard i have ever seen...oh wait.. nevermind ;P
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/06/10 07:55 PM

Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday

79° F | 63° F
81° F | 68° F
88° F | 74° F
85° F | 74° F
85° F | 76° F
81° F | 70° F
85° F | NA
Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy Chance of T-storms
20% chance of precipitation Chance of T-storms
40% chance of precipitation Chance of T-storms
30% chance of precipitation Chance of T-storms
30% chance of precipitation Chance of T-storms
20% chance of precipitation
UV: 9 UV: 9 UV: 8 UV: 7 UV: 7 UV: 8 UV: 8
Posted By: TEH

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/06/10 08:17 PM

I have had the best luck with accuweather this summer:

Sunday 77, 8 mph, NNE, 1% chance of thunderstorm
Monday 74, 12, NNE, 0%
Tuesday 76, 7, N, 0%
Wednesday 82, 6, NNW, 3%
Thursday 74, 9, N, 7%
Friday 68, 11, NE, 0%

Unseasonably cool. That said, weatherunderground and weather channel all have different predictions. Warmer and more likely to rain than accuweather.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/08/10 01:33 AM

That's all I got.
Posted By: Helen (AHPC)

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/08/10 07:01 AM

Well done Surf City Racing. Great write up, and fabulous photos of the kids in sailing.

A BIG thankyou from me and all those who cannot be there.

Have a fun week on the water..... and those bikes!!!

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/08/10 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by SurfCityRacing
That's all I got.

You need cards for your spokes, J.
Posted By: rhodysail

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/09/10 01:41 PM

Big storm last night. A few boats are flipped on the beach. One F16 with a broken mast. No wind and fog right now. Expecting a postponement.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/09/10 04:06 PM

Wind is filling a bit but still lots of fog.
Posted By: tback

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/09/10 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by rhodysail
Big storm last night. A few boats are flipped on the beach. One F16 with a broken mast. No wind and fog right now. Expecting a postponement.

yep, I learned my lesson this way too .... gotta tie down the F16's (and secure the mast rotator to keep from oscillating).
Posted By: sail6382

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/09/10 07:00 PM

Does anyone have an update on the N20 course? The F18's have streaming video...and wonderful coverage but I can't find anything on the N20.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/09/10 07:15 PM

where did you find the video stream?
Posted By: sail6382

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/09/10 07:21 PM

http://www.jtvgo.com/onthewateranarchy
Live coverage of Course B for the F18's. Really want to follow the N20's...but can't find anyone providing updates anywhere online. Been to Velocity sailing, here, anarchy...
Posted By: drbinkle

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/09/10 08:51 PM

I'm guessing Tad and his droid did not make it to Racine.
Posted By: Wouter

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/09/10 09:10 PM

yep, I learned my lesson this way too .... gotta tie down the F16's (and secure the mast rotator to keep from oscillating).

We keep warning everyone for this, but for some reason most people prefer to learn it the hard way.

Besides, with so many F18's around there isn't really any excusse to not tie your F16 down to a secure point properly ! grin

On out games we used our trailers as secure point. Two F16's side by side with the two trailers on the outside on other side. Then use the trap lines and some additional line to ties everything down.

Worked great !

Wouter

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 02:30 AM

Unfortunately, my boat was staked down and the mast rotator was taught. It pulled the nearly 4 feet of the auger out of the sand. More F18 than F16 flipped and they were staked down as well. Wind was howling. What I did learn was to stake down both sides using the trap wires.

Mark Thomson has loaned me his Blade mast and I am back in business.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 02:44 AM

Not much to report today. F18, 20s, F16 got in only one race. Fog was a major issue. On the Alpha course with the 20s and the 16s, they literally could not find the marks. From shore, all you could see was the tops of the sails. Low winds as well. Very weird conditions.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 03:02 AM

any results out there? I found some F18 results from today in this thread:

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?showtopic=111705&st=0&p=2948874&#entry2948874

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 03:04 AM

Sorry Jake, all I know is Mischa won the F18 race and Dan Felman/Jill Feldman won the F16.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 04:57 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 11:48 AM

17, 16, and 20 results:

Attached picture new-1.jpg

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 12:08 PM

In the F18s, Eileen and I got fourth following in Dennis Key with JW in third. Argentina in 2nd with Misha and Carrie leading the group. The numbers I remember right now, in my room are Eileen and I are 48, Dennis and JW 60, Nigel and Alex 36.

Later,
Dan

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 12:16 PM

There is a lot of fog this morning much worse than yesterday and the wind is very light.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 12:25 PM

your Yoda quote sounds more appropriate for today's forecast than ever!
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 12:50 PM

Sorry that I am not there to cover it. I've been in the process of moving all this week (and likely all next week as well)

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by TEH
Unfortunately, my boat was staked down and the mast rotator was taught. It pulled the nearly 4 feet of the auger out of the sand. More F18 than F16 flipped and they were staked down as well. Wind was howling. What I did learn was to stake down both sides using the trap wires.

I use various anchor methods depending on the soil.

For sand, I use 2x4 (about 2' long) with a line tied to them. I dig a hole in the sand to bury the 2x4 and then secure it to the trap line (same for the other side).

If the ground is hard I use 18" screw anchors for each side and tie the line to the trap handle.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 03:24 PM

Class Association meeting is in progress. NA F18 Class is now US F18 Class. The North American Championship will continue to be the North Americans.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 03:27 PM

Next years North Americans will be in Hyannis MA
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 03:29 PM

Shouldn't you be paying attention to the meeting Bob? smile
Posted By: maritimesailor

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 04:04 PM

EXCELLENT!!!! I look forward to being there!

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 04:40 PM

Discussions about 2012 Words qualification, how much electronics to allow, US Sailing prescriptions ect.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 04:42 PM

BTW: Still no wind.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 06:30 PM

I am going to do the 2X4 as well tonight. Don't want to lose another one.

I heard today that there was an F18 with two anchors with pretty big auger heads that went over as well. 54 mph winds.
Posted By: orphan

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 07:20 PM

Did you notice that the ones that went over had cattrax under them? The pic showed the trax still hanging from the sterns.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/10/10 11:06 PM

Don't know about the F18s, but the two F16s did have cattrax on the rear of the boat. Tonight we are both flat on the beach. Also, I found a 4X4 and buried it with a line attached to the dolphin striker and both trap lines on augers in at least 3 ft.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 12:35 AM

Tom is prepared to bury his boat in concrete if it means his boat won't flip on the beach again.....

No races today, tomorrow, and sadly the rest of the week looks like shite as well.
Posted By: windswept

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 01:42 AM

I know that with A-Cats, they tie them down usually with dog screws (do not know if that is the correct term for the item) in the sand with the boat lashed to a couple of them and have seen it done a few other ways. Looking at a photo, I saw the Pease and jay had done that with their boat. Don't know if that began after the turmoil. Sorry to see the damage that happened.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 02:14 AM

on the beach, I use a couple of 30" auger style anchors available from Northern Tools for a pretty reasonable $7 each.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200336262_200336262

On harder, more stable ground, I have a couple of 15" versions of the same auger. I've used the dog style screws for tie downs but I've broken three of the handles off while screwing them in the ground or trying to remove them from the ground. I've not had any trouble with the augers and a piece of conduit to form a "T" handle to work them into the ground.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 03:20 AM

Most of us tied our boats down the first day. We where all aware that there was potential disaster that night. Eileen and I tied our boat with the 2X4 method and it was fine.

Tonight Misha presented a really nice "how to" on boat set up and course strategy. We were able to go through the GPS tracking while he showed what he and Carrie where thinking...very interesting.

Dan
Posted By: Wouter

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 08:43 AM

For sand, I use 2x4 (about 2' long) with a line tied to them.

We keep our boats on the beach over here for 6 months per year; through many spring and autumn storms and this is the only reliable way to do it as far as I know.

Some use old vehicle tires that are buried but that would be sufficient to moor a bulk carrier to.

Wouter

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
on the beach, I use a couple of 30" auger style anchors available from Northern Tools for a pretty reasonable $7 each.

On harder, more stable ground, I have a couple of 15" versions of the same auger. I've used the dog style screws for tie downs but I've broken three of the handles off while screwing them in the ground or trying to remove them from the ground. I've not had any trouble with the augers and a piece of conduit to form a "T" handle to work them into the ground.

Ace Hardware has various sizes of these type of anchors (if a Northern Tool isn't accessible to you).
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 06:37 PM

Jake,

Please use the correct terminology. Those anchors are correctly termed "redneck home insurance policies" as they are used to tie down the trailer parks...

I used a broomstick to get those bad-boys cinched down in the dirt and then use a ratchet strap to connect it to the mainbeam. If it really looked nasty, I'd add another one to the rear beam, or one on each side tied to the shroud chainplate.. Attaching to beams made it easier to screw in the anchor using the broomstick piece (didn't hit the boat when rotating)

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by tback
Originally Posted by TEH

For sand, I use 2x4 (about 2' long) with a line tied to them. I dig a hole in the sand to bury the 2x4 and then secure it to the trap line (same for the other side).

If the ground is hard I use 18" screw anchors for each side and tie the line to the trap handle.

how deep do you bury the 2x4?

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb

Jake,

Please use the correct terminology. Those anchors are correctly termed "redneck home insurance policies" as they are used to tie down the trailer parks...

I used a broomstick to get those bad-boys cinched down in the dirt and then use a ratchet strap to connect it to the mainbeam. If it really looked nasty, I'd add another one to the rear beam, or one on each side tied to the shroud chainplate.. Attaching to beams made it easier to screw in the anchor using the broomstick piece (didn't hit the boat when rotating)

hah...I thought they were for big tents!

I put mine on either side of the boat out to the side (room permitting). I then tie a trap line from each side to the anchor.
Posted By: Kris Hathaway

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/11/10 07:36 PM

Local Southern States calls them horse ties.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 01:29 AM

Heating up ...

Code
26 09 672 David Ingram Kathy Ingram 15.0 23.0 (39.0) 23.0 34.0 134.0 95.0
29 18 1025 Todd Riccardi Brendon Scanlon 34.0 (38.0) 24.0 38.0 10.0 144.0 106.0

Only 11 points separate what could be, the battle of the millenium.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by Undecided

Heating up ...

Code
26 09 672 David Ingram Kathy Ingram 15.0 23.0 (39.0) 23.0 34.0 134.0 95.0
29 18 1025 Todd Riccardi Brendon Scanlon 34.0 (38.0) 24.0 38.0 10.0 144.0 106.0

Only 11 points separate what could be, the battle of the millenium.

Man, I haven't paid the first "hat" debt yet. Todd...dude...kick it.
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 03:43 AM

Are all the results not updated.. how is it that F18s have sailed five races and all other fleets have only sailed one?
Posted By: TEAMVMG

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by BLR_0719
Are all the results not updated.. how is it that F18s have sailed five races and all other fleets have only sailed one?

Because they are still discussing how to tie their boats down!
Posted By: MUST429

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by TEAMVMG
Originally Posted by BLR_0719

Because they are still discussing how to tie their boats down!

I thought maybe it was because they couldn't get them untied fast enough to get to the start line on time.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 05:14 AM

The results aren't up because everyone's drinking beer at a kick a$$ party. grin

J

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 11:40 AM

This is the style that I used...but only one tied to the dophin striker. We had another regatta this year where we had 50+ mph winds and it worked fine. Not so this time.

There is a breakwall and the closer you were to the breakwall, the better that night. Mine was one of the furthest out boats.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 11:42 AM

it would be nice to see some stinking results!

If you guys haven't registered and watched any of the GPS replays of the racing - you're missing it! This is awesome!

http://www.kattack.com/Default.aspx?base

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 11:47 AM

I think no results because of the party last night. We were late off the water to boot.

I know the top 2 F18 are Mischa and Macca. Then someone else followed by Robbie I think. 20s, its Trey, then somebody else, then Mike Hill. 16s its the Feldmans and Karl Brogger.

It was in the local paper along with some nice shots from the helicopter, but I left the paper in the breakfast room.
Posted By: catandahalf

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 08:25 PM

http://crawsailing.net/Racine2010/results

just found these results posted...

The Formula 18 Class is awesome!
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 08:50 PM

Wally spanked the F17 class. Straight bullets.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/12/10 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by andrewscott
Originally Posted by TEH

I have a small shovel and dig out the sand about 18" deep, insert the 2 x 4 and cover with the sand and tap down with your feet.

You won't pull it out of the sand easily!

Posted By: Mark Schneider

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/13/10 01:31 AM

Hopefully he is starting with the F16's and can race the other single handers boat for boat.... Otherwise... Why Bother?

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/13/10 10:43 AM

He is starting (and racing well) with the F16s.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/13/10 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by andrewscott
Originally Posted by TEH

I have a small shovel and dig out the sand about 18" deep, insert the 2 x 4 and cover with the sand and tap down with your feet.

You won't pull it out of the sand easily!

good info thanks
Posted By: mbounds

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/13/10 04:05 PM

SA Forums are down, so I'm going to post here.

We're still under AP at 11:04 local. Everybody's here, just waiting for the wind to stabilize. We're having some visibility issues with the fog.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/13/10 06:49 PM

It's over.
Carrie and Mischa win on Bow #69 Hobie Wildcat.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/13/10 06:55 PM

Rank Bow # SailNo SkipperName CrewName R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 Total Nett
1st 69 126 Mischa Heemskerk Carrie Howe 1.0 4.0 4.0 1.0 (5.0) 15.0 10.0
2nd 54 AUS300 Andrew Macpherson Ferdinand Van West 6.0 (8.0) 3.0 5.0 2.0 24.0 16.0
3rd 46 Matt Struble Damon LaCasella (17.0) 1.0 1.0 7.0 12.0 38.0 21.0
4th 04 usa 212 Robbie Daniel Hunter Stunzi 10.0 5.0 (11.0) 6.0 1.0 33.0 22.0
5th 27 USA 219 John Tomko Ian Billings 5.0 7.0 8.0 3.0 (19.0) 42.0 23.0
6th 53 USA 204 John Casey Dalton Tebow 19.0 (20.0) 2.0 2.0 6.0 49.0 29.0
7th 15 1405 Cruz Gonzalez Smith Mariano Heuser 2.0 11.0 (17.0) 10.0 9.0 49.0 32.0
8th 60 USA 70 Dennis Key John Williams 3.0 (36.0) 15.0 16.0 4.0 74.0 38.0
9th 21 USA 1713 Olli Jason Patrick Gilles 12.0 (21.0) 6.0 18.0 3.0 60.0 39.0
10th 25 USA 1 Mike Easton Tripp Burd (30.0) 6.0 7.0 12.0 15.0 70.0 40.0
11th 36 1236 Nigel Pitt Alex Shafer 8.0 10.0 13.0 9.0 (21.0) 61.0 40.0
12th 45 USA 2596 John Bauldry Giselle Vaziri 7.0 9.0 12.0 14.0 (24.0) 66.0 42.0
13th 26 USA 28 Pease Glaser Jay Glaser 23.0 3.0 10.0 (26.0) 7.0 69.0 43.0
14th 40 8 Craig Yandow Jahn Tihanski (33.0) 16.0 5.0 20.0 13.0 87.0 54.0
15th 59 80 Sylvain Carignan Christian Nadeau 9.0 15.0 9.0 21.0 (35.0) 89.0 54.0
16th 14 222 Ian Sammis Bobby K 16.0 17.0 (20.0) 17.0 8.0 78.0 58.0
17th 33 USA 215 Bob Merrick Jonathan Farrar 24.0 13.0 (27.0) 4.0 22.0 90.0 63.0
18th 48 651 Daniel DeLave Eileen Haubl 4.0 14.0 (30.0) 30.0 20.0 98.0 68.0
19th 11 218 Taylor Reiss Matthew Whitehead 18.0 (43.0) 14.0 25.0 16.0 116.0 73.0
20th 19 5454 Scott Miller Hailey Miller 21.0 19.0 23.0 (34.0) 11.0 108.0 74.0
21st 38 1084 Kurt Korte Brad Winquist 11.0 18.0 19.0 29.0 (30.0) 107.0 77.0
22nd 02 USA225 Norman Chu Gary Chu 31.0 2.0 36.0 11.0 (40.0) 120.0 80.0
23rd 41 622 Laura Zahradnik Luke McAllum (40.0) 12.0 16.0 19.0 39.0 126.0 86.0
24th 23 A21 Sergio Mehl Martin Vari (32.0) 30.0 32.0 13.0 14.0 121.0 89.0
25th 37 101 Louis-Philippe Ethier Maxime Loiselle 44.0 22.0 (52.0 DSQ) 8.0 18.0 144.0 92.0
26th 09 672 David Ingram Kathy Ingram 15.0 23.0 (39.0) 23.0 34.0 134.0 95.0
27th 16 1162 Bill Gillespie Martin Brosch (35.0) 25.0 25.0 28.0 17.0 130.0 95.0
28th 29 GER 623 Uli Gollwitzer Alex Prohaska 20.0 (37.0) 18.0 35.0 31.0 141.0 104.0
29th 18 1025 Todd Riccardi Brendon Scanlon 34.0 (38.0) 24.0 38.0 10.0 144.0 106.0
30th 24 91193 Kelly Krueger Dan Krueger 29.0 (47.0) 22.0 32.0 28.0 158.0 111.0
31st 44 USA 155 Jacopo Bracco Eric Witte 42.0 29.0 26.0 15.0 (45.0) 157.0 112.0
32nd 51 692 JJ Johnson Ethan Brown (45.0) 26.0 33.0 33.0 23.0 160.0 115.0
33rd 65 878 Brent Carlson Chris Rothmeier 25.0 27.0 (37.0) 37.0 33.0 159.0 122.0
34th 28 CAN 12 Chris Prentice Patrick LaRoche (49.0) 33.0 28.0 31.0 32.0 173.0 124.0
35th 22 84 Bill Westland Alex Westland 43.0 (46.0) 21.0 24.0 37.0 171.0 125.0
36th 34 676 Karl Langefeld Beth Bonifant (38.0) 34.0 35.0 27.0 29.0 163.0 125.0
37th 73 CAN 156 Nicolas Dube Olivier Pilon (48.0) 48.0 29.0 22.0 27.0 174.0 126.0
38th 72 USA 213 Andy Humphries Michael McNeir 27.0 32.0 (52.0 DNF) 42.0 25.0 178.0 126.0
39th 05 873 Sandra Tartaglino Glenn Holmes 22.0 35.0 31.0 39.0 (49.0) 176.0 127.0
40th 03 2556 Moyra Deans Cabot Broughton 28.0 24.0 40.0 36.0 (50.0) 178.0 128.0
41st 06 147 Drew Carlyle Bo Kersey 13.0 (44.0) 34.0 40.0 44.0 175.0 131.0
42nd 35 2576 Paul Krutty Kimberly Krutty 37.0 31.0 43.0 (44.0) 26.0 181.0 137.0
43rd 49 601 Daniel Hearn Morgan Hearn 26.0 28.0 42.0 (47.0) 43.0 186.0 139.0
44th 66 USA 73 Matt Johnson Kelly Jason 14.0 40.0 41.0 (50.0) 46.0 191.0 141.0
45th 63 2591 Jason Moore Jake Sailer 41.0 (50.0) 38.0 45.0 36.0 210.0 160.0
46th 39 671 Randy Johnson Brad Hladish 36.0 45.0 (49.0) 41.0 41.0 212.0 163.0
47th 58 ITA 77 E.J. Foss Matt Hill 47.0 41.0 45.0 (49.0) 38.0 220.0 171.0
48th 47 2216 David Stiemsma Colin Caliban 39.0 42.0 44.0 48.0 (52.0 DNF) 225.0 173.0
49th 50 USA93 Heath Bowden Dawn Bowden (51.0) 49.0 46.0 43.0 42.0 231.0 180.0
50th 17 1696 Russ Schulz Liz Schulz 50.0 39.0 48.0 (51.0) 47.0 235.0 184.0
51st 56 413 Nick Conner Todd Bouton 46.0 (51.0) 47.0 46.0 48.0 238.0 187.0

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/13/10 06:56 PM

F17 Class
Sailed: 6, Discards: 1, To count: 5, Entries: 1, Scoring system: Appendix A
Rank Bow # Class SkipperName CrewName R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 R6 Total Nett
1st 52 F17 Wally Schuette 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0 (2.0 DNF) 7.0 5.0

Formula 16 Class
Sailed: 6, Discards: 1, To count: 5, Entries: 6, Scoring system: Appendix A
1st 61 Formula 16 Daniel Feldman Jill Feldman 1.0 1.0 (2.0) 1.0 1.0 1.0 7.0 5.0
2nd 13 Formula 16 Karl Brogger Ela Sliwerska 2.0 2.0 1.0 (4.0) 2.0 2.0 13.0 9.0
3rd 30 Formula 16 Pete Pollard 3.0 3.0 3.0 2.0 3.0 (7.0 DNF) 21.0 14.0
4th 32 Formula 16 Mark Thomson (7.0 DNS) 7.0 DNS 7.0 DNS 3.0 4.0 3.0 31.0 24.0
5th 01 Formula 16 Tom Hoscheidt (7.0 DNS) 5.0 4.0 5.0 7.0 DNF 7.0 DNS 35.0 28.0
6th 55 Formula 16 Davie Winquist Frankie Hearn Owen Eliasen (7.0 DNF) 4.0 7.0 DNF 7.0 DNF 7.0 DNS 7.0 DNS 39.0 32.0

Nacra 20 Class
Sailed: 6, Discards: 1, To count: 5, Entries: 7, Scoring system: Appendix A
1st 500 Nacra 20 Trey Brown Bryan Paine 1.0 1.0 (5.0) 1.0 1.0 4.0 13.0 8.0
2nd 08 Nacra 20 Guy Selsmeyer Dustin DeFelice 3.0 (4.0) 1.0 2.0 3.0 2.0 15.0 11.0
3rd 20 Nacra 20 Mike Hill Holly Hoffman 2.0 2.0 4.0 4.0 (5.0) 3.0 20.0 15.0
4th 42 Nacra 20 Christopher Blake Corey Hatch (5.0) 3.0 2.0 5.0 2.0 5.0 22.0 17.0
5th 68 Nacra 20 Clay Selsmeyer Alex Selsmeyer 4.0 6.0 3.0 (7.0) 4.0 1.0 25.0 18.0
6th 10 Nacra 20 Dale Eigenberger Nick Hatch (7.0) 5.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 6.0 36.0 29.0
7th 64 Nacra 20 Ed Winders Corey Roebbeke 6.0 (7.0) 7.0 3.0 7.0 7.0 37.0 30.0

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/13/10 08:21 PM

Extra ! Extra! Read all about it.
A-hole triumphs over punk.

28th 29 GER 623 Uli Gollwitzer Alex Prohaska 20.0 (37.0) 18.0 35.0 31.0 141.0 104.0
29th 18 1025 Todd Riccardi Brendon Scanlon 34.0 (38.0) 24.0 38.0 10.0 144.0 106.0

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/15/10 03:54 PM

That alone made the 24 hour drive one way, disappointing weather and the $$$ worth it.

Grandpa Ding still rules!
Posted By: pgp

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/15/10 04:13 PM

Kudos to CRAW and Racine Yacht Club. Superb effort on their part.

Thanks to all the sponsors.
Posted By: Capt_Cardiac

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/16/10 01:45 PM

Where are the Championships going to be held in 2011?
cc

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/16/10 01:48 PM

hahah... funny

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/16/10 02:09 PM

Depends on what you sail I suppose. F16s will be here, in Sept. 2011.

http://www.westriversc.org/

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/16/10 10:14 PM

That alone made the 24 hour drive one way, disappointing weather and the $$$ worth it.

Grandpa Ding still rules!

Gives hope to us old guys. keep it up, Ding.

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/17/10 02:48 PM

http://www.kattack.com/ Look for CRAW F18 (or F16 if you're interested)

Re: Racine Catamaran Championships 2010 - 08/17/10 09:11 PM

I kinda put everything together here
JCWW

There was an unbelievable amount of coverage in pics, stories, interviews, live webcasting, tracking..on and on on on on on. Well done by the media!

Look out for the I4C coming up on SA!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums