Beach Access Ft Lauderdale?

Posted By: TheManShed

Beach Access Ft Lauderdale? - 07/29/10 03:34 AM

Hey FT Lauderdale sailors,

I'll be going to a beach party at:
Ocean Manor
4040 Galt Ocean Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308

It is just south of Commercial Blvd. Google Earth show that Galt Ocean Drive turns to dirt as it heads south and it looks like possible beach access by cat trax…? Any local knowledge on a good place for a beach launch that has daytime parking and beach access that is hassle free to cat sailors in the general area?

Thanks

Re: Beach Access Ft Lauderdale? - 07/31/10 05:24 PM

Bumping to top any local knowlwdge out there?
Posted By: Bajan_Bum

Re: Beach Access Ft Lauderdale? - 08/02/10 09:38 AM

Mike, at the junction of Ocean Drive and Las Olas Blvd I see a lot of Hobiecats there for rental. I'm not sure you can launch from there, but that's about the only potential place I know of.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Beach Access Ft Lauderdale? - 08/02/10 01:30 PM

Chances are the proprietor of the rental business, is in fact, a businessman (or woman!) and would probably be amicable to what we in the biz call "a deal" :P
Posted By: jkkartz1

Re: Beach Access Ft Lauderdale? - 08/02/10 01:30 PM

Try the Fleet 44 website.

http://www.cat44.com/

Re: Beach Access Ft Lauderdale? - 08/03/10 11:58 PM

I made a scouting trip today during lunch. I made a deal for a day to leave the boat on the beach next door with the guy DJ who rents wave runners muchio $$. I also started to tip the vallet so I think I have parking handled. Now getting the boat to the beach! Pine drive had beach access but I don't think I can slip between the the two posts. Still looking for a place to slip the boat in the water via the beach. I'll check out the hobie site thanks!
Posted By: SC19

Re: Beach Access Ft Lauderdale? - 08/04/10 03:52 PM

You can launch off the beach just north of Ft. Laud public beach.

Re: Beach Access Ft Lauderdale? - 08/07/10 01:00 PM

Thanks do you have approx location of Ft Lauderdale public beach is that the area around the pier at Commercial?
Posted By: SC19

Re: Beach Access Ft Lauderdale? - 08/10/10 04:20 PM

Just south of Las Olas. Otherside of the port from the pier.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums