Catsailor.com

Take your kids cat sailing - video

Posted By: Capt_Cardiac

Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/11/10 02:59 AM

I hope you like it.
If you don't recognize the backdrop we were sailing from the Ocean Springs Yacht Club in Mississippi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2czD8xQkpAM

cc
Posted By: pgp

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/11/10 09:08 AM

smile
Posted By: Isotope235

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/11/10 12:44 PM

Nice video! I went down to Ocean Springs last year to help with the Special Olympics, and it was a great place to sail. Your pulling the boards up early coming in reminded me how shallow it is quite a way from the beach.

Regards,
Eric
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/11/10 12:59 PM

Beautiful video. I can't tell you of how jealous I am.
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/11/10 01:45 PM

That is awesome. Caroline, obviously, is a natural.
I took my daughter on the A cat w/ me for a fun race last weekend. It's hard not to pressure her into sailing, since I love it so much,but now she's starting to like it on her own.
What a feeling.
Posted By: Acat230

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/11/10 06:35 PM

That is fantastic, I'm going to post the link to my yacht club.

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/12/10 12:17 AM

I'm glad you all like it.I have 4 kids and they all clamor to go sailing with me. this is the first year that i've really concentrated on teaching them. 3 of the 4 have been driving and flying a hull. My youngest is 7, she is happy with just looking cute. 2 of the 4 are driving from the wire. my 12 year old has a natural feel and when i try to explain things it screws him up. if i just leave him alone he can balance the boat nicely. go figure. My 13 yr old came out with me early in the season in some big wind. He screamed like a little girl and we laugh about that up to this day. He had a great quote last week while he was driving. I said,"do you feel more comfortable now?" He replied,"Dad, I may look look confident,cool and collected but there is a little girl screaming inside". That is T-shirt/bumper sticker worthy!!!!

take your kids sailing. it is one of the most rewarding/satisfying things you could do.

oh, make sure you jump straight to cats. life is too short for monohulls.

cc
Posted By: MarkW_F18

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/12/10 03:30 PM

great video.. The whole reason I went back to the H16 was to get my daughters(10 & 14) racing with me. We did 4 regattas this year between the 2 of them.. probably more next year.. I would rather race with them on the H16 than on the F18 w/ Loyd (nothing personal Loyd)...

but it's great that we have something we can do together... I'm also starting to get them on the helm more, so it's fun to see them learn.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/12/10 03:42 PM

great video... I did gasp a bit when the hull came down almost on her.

what software did you edit it in (i like the speeded up replay feature for sure)
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/12/10 09:23 PM

I have been in the process of training team cyberspeed V2 this year.

Wish I we would have started recording a bit earlier. Adam walked over to the mainsheet, uncleated it, sheeted it in then recleated it. He has been watching me and this was the first time he touched the main sheet. He is still two years old.
Posted By: pgp

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/12/10 09:48 PM

Is he available for Buzzelli?

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/13/10 01:11 AM

Look, get rid of your PCs and buy an iMac. It's automatic. My son figured it all out without any instruction. I don't bother to do any editing since he does it for me.

cc

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/13/10 02:27 AM

Hi Jake,
Not loaning out my crew, I need all the help I can get on my carrier.

CC,
I don't know why all you Mac guys are always down on the PC users. I travel with a Mac user and he has more problems with his laptop than I do. It is not about operating systems, it is about software and editing time (mainly editing time). I posted that footage on this forum because I liked the raw footage more than I liked the down and dirty version I did using the Flip software.

You had a good thread going about kids and you had to take a jab at someone posting a home video of their kids.
Posted By: ruthie

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/21/10 05:09 AM

That was so sweet for a daddy like you. More vidz to come Captain! Creationist Urn

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/23/10 02:27 PM

alright, how about this. I use iMovie for video editing. It is the included video editing software that comes with the ***. its very easy to use. in fact my 10 yr old son figured it out the first time he messed with it so he does all my video work for me. he works for computer time. I hope to get some more on the water video this weekend while racing the Shearwater Regatta. cheers

I apologize for any jabs taken on this thread.

Re: Take your kids cat sailing - video - 10/23/10 11:36 PM

Apology accetpted. Have a great weekend and look forward to seeing some new footage.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums