Catsailor.com

First race at "new" Texas City Dike

Posted By: Andrew

First race at "new" Texas City Dike - 10/15/10 05:55 AM

The first race at the reopened Texas City Dike is this weekend (October 16-17). The Redfish Reach is a distance race of about 17 miles, all line-of-sight navigation, and is ideal for nearly every type of cat sailor - anyone from a polished distance racer to the rankest of amateurs, it's all good. There will be trophies for randomly drawn spots in the finishing order, plus a hull-flying contest, burgers on the beach, a bonfire, and more!
http://tcdyc.com/?q=node/772
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: First race at "new" Texas City Dike - 10/15/10 07:46 PM

Line of sight navigation? I remember years ago when they made it a triangle race, having to go to Redfish, then that sheel reef of an island to the north, then back to the dike. Many People got lost, including Mark on his I-20.

Come to think of it, that race I had O'Farrel crewing for me! That was before his tumor was diagnosed- about 2 weeks before.

Anyways, sounds like a great time for all!! If you're in the area, (I'm not exactly), this is a don't miss event!!

Them TCDYC sailors know how to do it!!

Bonfires? Talk about Bonfires!! You ain't seen a bonfire 'till you seen a Tx city Dike bonfire!!
Posted By: TeamChums

Re: First race at "new" Texas City Dike - 10/18/10 01:19 AM

I won your first to finish trophy Todd... by a long shot.
Posted By: BoK

Re: First race at "new" Texas City Dike - 10/18/10 02:02 PM

And I corrected over Lee smile

Re: First race at "new" Texas City Dike - 10/18/10 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by TeamChums
I won your first to finish trophy Todd... by a long shot.

That was mine wasn't it? That year Scot Tuma- fish sailed with me. Tomko corrected over me that day also. I'm sure ya'll had a great time, sorry I had to miss it up here in WI.

Re: First race at "new" Texas City Dike - 10/18/10 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by BoK
And I corrected over Lee smile

Nice work BO
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums