Catsailor.com

P19-MX Info

Posted By: stevefisherkeller

P19-MX Info - 11/08/10 12:58 PM

Went out sailing yesterday on my new to me P19-MX, sailing down wind was no problem. Sailing up wind, max down haul, almost block to block and the sail kept inverting, doing the crazy S. Does any one know how tight the diamond wires are supposed to be. Any solutions? Wind was 25+ and gusting. Thanks
Posted By: gregP19

Re: P19-MX Info - 11/08/10 02:54 PM

In that kind of breeze you should try to pull on some barber hauler on the jib to open up the slot. That's a decent sized headsail on the MX. Pretty forgiving boat huh?
Posted By: stevefisherkeller

Re: P19-MX Info - 11/08/10 06:19 PM

OK I will try that. I did have the jib in going to weather. Still working on learnig all of the controls. When I got done sailing for the day I thought I was going to have to file a flight plan the way the boat was shaking before getting the sails down.
Posted By: Jake

Re: P19-MX Info - 11/08/10 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by stevefisherkeller
Went out sailing yesterday on my new to me P19-MX, sailing down wind was no problem. Sailing up wind, max down haul, almost block to block and the sail kept inverting, doing the crazy S. Does any one know how tight the diamond wires are supposed to be. Any solutions? Wind was 25+ and gusting. Thanks

Travel the main out a good bit (12") so you can foot off too - that will allow you to keep more tension on the mainsheet and keep you from pinching too much. In that kind of wind, it's going to be tough to make anything look "right".
Posted By: catman

Re: P19-MX Info - 11/08/10 07:06 PM

Like I said, Don't look up. laugh

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: P19-MX Info - 11/08/10 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by catman
Like I said, Don't look up. laugh

I once asked Catman what that noise was coming from my car, his suggestion of "turn the radio up" seemed to handle the issue (till the wheels fell off)
Posted By: catman

Re: P19-MX Info - 11/08/10 10:12 PM

I suppose you guys could have checked the rig while you were swimming with it. By the way....how was the water?? grin
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums