Catsailor.com

New Sheets

Posted By: Ventucky Red

New Sheets - 11/22/10 02:20 PM

Looking to replace my main, jib, and spinnaker sheets (Inter 20) any recommendations?
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: New Sheets - 11/22/10 02:23 PM

Robline racing sheet for the main and spin sheets. Jib sheets don't require as much of a soft hand since they aren't trimmed as much as they used to be with the self tacker.
Posted By: John Williams

Re: New Sheets - 11/22/10 03:26 PM

I've just gotten a few spools of Alpha Rope from Cotesi in Portugal. The Infusion Mk 2 is rigged with this stuff. If you can find it in a shop, give it a try. I used their single-braid (called SSR) for spin sheet for a season and it held up better than Racing Sheet from Robline.
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: New Sheets - 11/22/10 08:39 PM

I am still big on Salsa for all sheeting. They only have two colors and three sizes, but the stuff is great, doesn't kink or knot, goes through blocks easily, easy on the hands and cheap compared to other sheeting line.
Made of Dyneema and has no core, but still non stretch.
Check it out: https://store.catsailor.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=15783&idcategory=0
But , I do have Robline as well: https://store.catsailor.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=32075&idcategory=0
https://store.catsailor.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=16442&idcategory=0
https://store.catsailor.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=32070&idcategory=0
https://store.catsailor.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=16444&idcategory=0
Rick
Posted By: _flatlander_

Re: New Sheets - 11/23/10 12:43 AM

+1 Salsa. Raced/sailed the pud out of it for three seasons now and haven't even thought about turning it around yet.
I know nothing about the front of a(ny) boat. grin
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: New Sheets - 11/23/10 01:25 AM

Salsa, replaced Ketchup as the #1 condiment.

And as Seinfeld says, 'people just like to say- Salsa'!

I think it is the best I've ever used as well.
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: New Sheets - 11/25/10 10:01 PM

I like Robline racing stuff as well.
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: New Sheets - 11/26/10 04:07 PM

Yes, but higher price for stuff that is not quite as good as the Salsa.
Rick
Posted By: Mugrace72

Re: New Sheets - 11/26/10 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by RickWhite
Yes, but higher price for stuff that is not quite as good as the Salsa.
Rick

I agree with Rick...Salsa is the best.
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: New Sheets - 11/26/10 04:47 PM

I had the Robline flatten out and slip, not a fan.

Re: New Sheets - 11/26/10 04:52 PM

Salsa is okay, I just prefer a line with a closer weave and more body. Salsa's like a wet noodle on the deck and because of the braid, it stretches a bit. Sheets are all about personal preference - I get that it is cheaper, but it just doesn't do it for me.
Posted By: PTP

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 01:24 AM

I like samson ultralight for sheets... but it isn't taperable really. much less money than full on dyneema cored line. Vectran core line sucks if you ever try to taper it
Posted By: arbo06

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 02:29 AM

For sheets, I really like Egyptian Cotton. Pillow cases too.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 04:31 AM

With at least 600 thread count.

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 04:44 AM

I like chocolate covered Egyptian cotton.
Posted By: alsail

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 01:47 PM

In a word Maffioli used it fot three years on my F18 and it was still good when I sold it made of dyneema low if any strech and dosen't absorbe water tornado guy's use it. Check out Mauri pro sailing ! ! !
Posted By: alsail

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 04:34 PM

And if you like you can dip it in chocolate for fun
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by John Williams
I like chocolate covered Egyptian cotton.

Milo Minderbinder is your man.

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 05:07 PM

I figured you would be the one to get that!

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by alsail
In a word Maffioli used it fot three years on my F18 and it was still good when I sold it made of dyneema low if any strech and dosen't absorbe water tornado guy's use it. Check out Mauri pro sailing ! ! !

I really liked Swiftcord when it came out - it was on the leading edge of the cool single braid development. NewSwift was a disappointing follow-up. The only problem with Swiftcord is that it takes a shape really quickly, IMO - as spin sheet in the Harken 57s, it takes on a hard, triangular shape after only a few regattas. In the Ronstan 55mm Orbits, it just gets chewed up - those blocks are terrific purchase, but really hard on line. That's why I tried the Alpha - they added Cordura to the weave, which stands up to abrasion much better than straight poly-Dyneema blends.
Posted By: hobie1616

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by John Williams
I figured you would be the one to get that!

Hungry Joe rules!
Posted By: yurdle

Re: New Sheets - 11/27/10 06:01 PM

Has anyone tried Yale Conception? I've currently got a tapered Salsa mainsheet, but just got a new boat with a larger purchase so I need to make another mainsheet. I was planning to go with something different than Salsa just for the sake of variety.
Posted By: F18_VB

Re: New Sheets - 11/29/10 06:16 PM

My boat is mostly Yale Conception. I like it. It has a coarser texture than swiftcord. So, it really grabs onto the ratchet blocks hard. However, I think I choose it because it was the cheapest of the single braids.

Yale has a new single braid called Ph.D. Has anyone tried it?
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: New Sheets - 12/01/10 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo

With at least 600 thread count.

That is almost as gay as having a Facebook account...
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums