Catsailor.com

Cody Did Not Survive

Posted By: RickWhite

Cody Did Not Survive - 12/31/10 05:07 PM

Sorry to have to say that yesterday Cody passed on. We tried to keep him alive, but he just kept getting weaker and weaker.
His life story is at
www.catsailor.com/Cody.html
Posted By: Jalani

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 12/31/10 05:40 PM

Sincere condolences Rick, it's always tough to lose a pet of any kind but dogs, cats and horses do seem to be particularly difficult to say goodbye to.
Posted By: pgp

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 12/31/10 05:56 PM

I'm very sorry to hear it Rick. I know you did your best for him.
Posted By: TEAMVMG

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 12/31/10 07:12 PM

sorry to hear that Rick
Posted By: TeamChums

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 12/31/10 08:23 PM

My prayers go out to you and Marry. I hope youguys get through this as well as you can. So sorry to hear that he's gone.
Posted By: JeffS

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 12/31/10 11:51 PM

Sorry to here about Cody, the write up in your magazine made us know how you felt about him.
Posted By: sail7seas

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/01/11 02:43 AM

Rainbow Bridge
by: Author Unknown

>The following was written to offer solace and hope to anyone who has experienced the loss of a beloved pet. The author is unknown, but the poem echoes the feeling we have when a member of our family departs.<

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Posted By: _flatlander_

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/01/11 05:01 AM

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this -- the last battle -- can't be won.
You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.
We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.
Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
Don't grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close -- we two -- these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

-- Unknown
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/01/11 07:34 AM

Rick and Mary,
I'm so sorry, he was a great dog.
Todd Hart
Posted By: Todd_Sails

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/01/11 01:24 PM

My condolences

Years ago I had to put down a Yellow Lab because he had ascites from a bowel cancer.

I know how you feel, and he's in a better place now
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/01/11 02:47 PM

Rick and Mary,

I'm soo soo sorry for your loss. I'm shedding a tear for you as a write this because I know the love you had for Cody - its the same love I have for my golden. They are amazing creatures of God - their unconditional love makes you feel like the most important person in the world.

I strive to be the person that my dog thinks I am.

I wish you the best and will keep Cody in my prayers.
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/01/11 11:03 PM

Sail on Cody. God bless you Rick and Mary.
Posted By: hobiephil

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/01/11 11:43 PM

My condolences. May your pain be mitigated by all the wonderful memories you have of him.
Posted By: DennisMe

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/02/11 04:47 AM

The downside of real love is real pain.
I know what it means to lose an animal you really feel connected with. Its my hope your pain will become less strong while your love will carry you through and remain in the end.
Posted By: dacarls

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/02/11 05:50 AM

Sunny was my Golden. His collar and dogtag have been hanging on the back of my shop door for 31 years now. I miss him like it was yesterday.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/03/11 04:12 AM

very sad to hear. my condolences to the whole family
Posted By: Jake

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/03/11 12:48 PM

Rick and Mary, I'm very sorry to hear the news. Bonnie and my thoughts are with you and Cody.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/03/11 02:51 PM

I think the best tribute to Cody is the detailed stories you've posted about his life and times. It was really great to get to see him at Steeplechase, and I'm sure he put his best face on to welcome all the folks at what was arguably his last regatta.

Truly a special dog that will be missed by all the folk (sailors and non) who knew him...

And Cody, say hi to all of our animal friends up there..
Posted By: RickWhite

Re: Cody Did Not Survive - 01/03/11 03:47 PM

Thanks a million for all the good things you all have said. Much appreciated during these tough times for us.

No one better to sit down and have a chat with than your dog.
Rick
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums