Catsailor.com

Macho Man & Bachelor Party

Posted By: David Ingram

Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/07/11 03:21 PM

Hello All,

Macho Man needs to happen Saturday March 19 because it's the same day as Karl Langefled's bachelor party. So, get your once a decade kitchen pass and join us for a little sailing and nudity, no I'm not talking about Herendeen parading around the beach in his underwear... excuse me "Under Armor".

You don't want to miss your last chance to spend time with Karl Langefeld single man shager of many before he is transformed into Mr. Beth Bonifant devoted and dutiful husband.

I do apologize that the event falls on the same weekend as Pcola Midwinters but due to other constraints March 19 really is the only workable weekend.

Single mom's need your support too.

Please PM or email me if you're interested in participating.

One rule and this is non negotiable, no wives or girlfriends are allowed at the post race party the last thing we need is anything getting back to the girls club.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/07/11 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram
Hello All,

One rule and this is non negotiable, no wives or girlfriends are allow at the post race party the last thing we need is anything getting back to the girls club.

Dang, Gina was always the life of the party....

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/07/11 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Hello All,

One rule and this is non negotiable, no wives or girlfriends are allow at the post race party the last thing we need is anything getting back to the girls club.

Dang, Gina is the life of the party....

Fixed it for you and you have so much to learn.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/08/11 02:12 PM

Langefeld/Broger - In
Ingram/? - In
Stern/? - In
Roth - 10 to 1 against, but he's beat the odds before
Cullum/Mike - Probably
Krogstad/? - Probably
Krantz - out, diving in the Caymans
Moss - out, A cat regatta
Posted By: tback

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/08/11 02:14 PM

Back - Out (on a cruise ... I'll be back in time for the wedding though).
Posted By: Ventucky Red

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/08/11 04:17 PM

One rule and this is non negotiable, no wives or girlfriends are allowed at the post race party the last thing we need is anything getting back to the girls club.

You may want to add that there are NO CAMERAS, VIDEO RECORDERS, CELL PHONES, ETC... either. Last thing you need is that stuff getting on the internet.

Seems to be the new rage at B-parties these days, all electronic equipment is checked at the door.

My, how we have advanced! Use to be check your six shooter at the door.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/08/11 04:38 PM

Exactly! You'd think that something like that wouldn't have to spelled out but there is always at least one that thinks it's a good idea.
Posted By: Ventucky Red

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/08/11 05:28 PM

Exactly! You'd think that something like that wouldn't have to spelled out but there is always at least one that thinks it's a good idea.

And that is usually after a few drinks!

Posted By: NCSUtrey

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/08/11 07:28 PM

How about moving that bachelor party to Pensacola, as Performance Midwinters are that same weekend...

Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/08/11 07:35 PM

That was considered, but there will be other non-catsailors attending as well. Sucks that the weekends conflict, but the 19th is the only viable date.
Posted By: NCSUtrey

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/08/11 11:00 PM

I hear ya, I'm torn.....

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/10/11 08:48 PM

I hear ya Trey. It'd be great to have you come down for Macho (and the party!), but I'm not going to try to pull people away from Kirk's event. That's just not cool!
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/10/11 11:09 PM

Hello All,

Macho Man needs to happen Saturday March 19 because it's the same day as Karl Langefled's ...

That'd be Langefeld... Sunshine! Back at ya!

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/11/11 01:37 PM

Thank you Todd. You're okay for a gAy cat driver.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/15/11 01:33 PM

Langefeld/Broger - In
Ingram/? - In
Stern/? - In
Roth - 10 to 1 against, but he's beat the odds before
Cullum/Mike - Probably
Krogstad/? - Probably
Krantz - out, diving in the Caymans
Moss - out, A cat regatta

"I say Holmes, I believe there's two G's in his name."
"Indeed there is Watson, indeed."
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/15/11 01:59 PM

Have you guys found a motel yet? Or do I have to puke and pass out in the bed of my truck...again?

I hate it when that happens.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/15/11 03:04 PM

there are several places to stay (hotels) near the dunedin causeway. Let me know if anyone needs some info

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/15/11 03:39 PM

1 more coming. B-Paine on the Flesh Rocket will attend.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/15/11 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by MN3
there are several places to stay (hotels) near the dunedin causeway. Let me know if anyone needs some info

MN3, we need to leave the trailors on the beach at Dunedin Causeway Friday night and possibly Saturday night. Do we need approval from the city to do that? If so, do you know who can I contact?
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/15/11 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by MN3

If you've got some motel names/links, that would be great to post here.

Thanks.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/15/11 05:50 PM

Kathy and I will be staying at one of these hotels.

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/dunedin/ddnfl/hoteldetail

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=best+western+dunedin+florida&fb=1&gl=us&hq=best+western&hnear=Dunedin,+FL&cid=5227749797122591471

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/15/11 06:16 PM

There's a Holiday Inn Express joke here somewhere. Anyone???
Posted By: catman

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/15/11 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by MN3

MN3, we need to leave the trailors on the beach at Dunedin Causeway Friday night and possibly Saturday night. Do we need approval from the city to do that? If so, do you know who can I contact?

http://www.dunedingov.com/home.aspx?
page=departments/leisureservices/leisureservices

Go to parks and rec. They have weekend parking passes for ten dollars. The Rec center is about 5 minutes away from the causeway. The address is on the lower right.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/16/11 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by catman
Originally Posted by MN3

http://www.dunedingov.com/home.aspx?
page=departments/leisureservices/leisureservices

Go to parks and rec. They have weekend parking passes for ten dollars. The Rec center is about 5 minutes away from the causeway. The address is on the lower right.

There is actually an exemption from needing a weekend/annual pass for races. I do not know if TBCS ever contacted the city with their schedule (as i directed them to when we worked with the city for this permit).

If one of you guys who are racing wants to call the township and tell then there is a race.. it may avoid all of you from needing a $10 weekend permit. If the front desk person doesnt know about this exemption, the person to ask for at the rec center is Vince Gizzy. he is the Director of Parks and Rec and worked on the permits with me.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/16/11 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Timbo
Originally Posted by MN3

If you've got some motel names/links, that would be great to post here.

Thanks.

What Ding posted was a good one (holiday inn express in dunedin) and about 5 minutes from the causeway

There is condo/hotel on the water called Beso Del Sol Resort that is cool (and has a tiki bar)1-800-331-2548

you can do a search on motels in dunedin as there are several around as well.

Hope that helps

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/16/11 05:56 PM

Thanks MN. Karl is our connection with P & R and it looks like we have it sorted. Are you guys interested in doing the traditional Mini Macho Sunday March 20? I'm not sure what shape we'll be in Sunday morning but I wasn't planning on breaking my boat down until Sunday anyway.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/16/11 06:13 PM

Thanks MN. Karl is our connection with P & R and it looks like we have it sorted. Are you guys interested in doing the traditional Mini Macho Sunday March 20? I'm not sure what shape we'll be in Sunday morning but I wasn't planning on breaking my boat down until Sunday anyway.

Great!

I can't speak for the fleet in any way shape or form. I am personally not interested, and the last event (hangover regatta was aborted due to a lack of interest/participation).

I haven't seen any emails about the mini (although i am not sure they updated my email address) and i saw the TCBS site has not posted 2011 NOR's

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/16/11 06:29 PM

I'm for doing it on Saturday since all you guys are coming. I think Sat is the normal day for the big one anyway.
Posted By: Headhunter

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/17/11 01:32 PM

Haven't run a Macho in 15 years or more. This is gonna be a blast! Just hope your boat (catman) still floats with all that beer.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/17/11 02:36 PM

I'm thinking bladders in the hulls. .

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/17/11 03:18 PM

I will admit the one Mini I crewed on was "exciting". Everthing from flashing lights and bullhorns, yelling and a fantastic spin capsize at the last mark.

HeadHunter, are you gonna do the big race or the Mini?
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/18/11 11:43 AM

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Dunedin, the finish line of the Macho, the entrance to Hurricane Pass and the waters right off the haul-out beach can have some significant shoals depending on the tide. It will be full moon on March 19 so the tide will be dropping fast all afternoon. You will find a strong outgoing current in the pass and if you finish anytime after 4:00 pm it will be getting pretty shallow. You'd hate to sail a tough 6+ hours only to run hard aground 100 yards from the beach.

In this image, the white triangle just inside the bay is directly off the landing point and is an unseen shoal in the afternoon sun. It may look deep as you sail in the pass under a sea breeze and perhaps spinnaker. If you're sailing a board boat, be careful! Plan on sailing around that triangle area, either side.

Attached picture Hurricane Pass.jpg

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/18/11 03:14 PM

MN - we're running real deal.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/18/11 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by David Parker
Plan on sailing around that triangle area, either side.

or just follow those deep daggarboard gouges we put in there smile
Posted By: cyberspeed

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 02/19/11 02:37 AM

Wish I could do it but the same weekend as the 12 Hours of Sebring. Second busiest week of the year for me.

Logistics and Planning - 02/23/11 01:45 PM

Attending:

Karl/Karl – F18
Dave/Bob – F18
Peter/Mike – F18
JC/Dalton – F18
Matt Krogstad/? – F18
Brian/? – N20
Catman/Headhunter – M6.0 (Dunedin guy)
Dennis/? – N20
Forrest/Stank - N20

Schedule:
Skippers Meeting (If necessary) 7:30 AM

First Signal: 8:00 AM

As you can see we are starting fairly early in the morning so most of us will set up at Davis Island Friday afternoon. You will set up your boat at Dog Beach, it’s right across the street from the public boat ramp and is outside the Davis Island Yacht Club gate. If you take your trailer to Dunedin Causeway Friday night you will need to get a parking pass from Karl Langefeld, the passes are $10 a hit and this is the only fee for the event. There will be no trophies, shirts, beer or food, this is just an event to see who can get to Dunedin first, and it’s a way to burn daylight until the main event starts. We will have someone keeping times and your corrected finish will be submitted to the Endurance Series. Once we get to the beach, we will regroup and plan our evenings activities.

There is limited housing available so if you're in need PM me or Karl Langefeld. Those that are making the longest drive and sailing will be given priority.

See you later b!tches, Grandpa Ding RULES!

Re: Logistics and Planning - 02/24/11 09:24 PM

which Brian on the N20?
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Logistics and Planning - 02/24/11 09:25 PM

Probably Brian Payne on the flesh torpedo.

Re: Logistics and Planning - 02/24/11 09:27 PM

which Brian on the N20?

Yup. Bryan Paine on the flesh torpedo.
Posted By: FLL

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/15/11 02:39 PM

I was just wondering if all is cleared, that leaving boats and trailers on the beach Saturday is good to go, with no problems?

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/15/11 02:45 PM

There will be no problem. Karl has the permits for those of you who need them.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/15/11 03:15 PM

I have the weekend permits for Dunedin Causeway and will give them out Friday afternoon/Saturday morning. Also, I have received permission from DIYC to leave the boats inside their gates on Friday night.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/15/11 04:42 PM

K power. werd
Posted By: FLL

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/15/11 06:29 PM

Thanks for getting them, and also the permission to park the boats inside the club. Any idea as to what the field make up is and how many boats?

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/15/11 06:38 PM

The class breakdown appears to be as follows:

Karl/Karl – F18
Dave/Bob – F18
Peter/Mike – F18
JC/Dalton – F18
Matt Krogstad/? – F18
Brian/? – N20
Catman/Headhunter – M6.0 (Dunedin guy)
Dennis/? – N20
Forrest/Stank - N20

I have heard of one other F-18 that may be coming. All this is preliminary, more may show, some may not show. Either way, it's shaping up to be a nice day and will be a great sail.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/16/11 01:34 PM

Current predictions for sat are:
light winds (6-8) out of the north, 75-80*, sunny, with a few hangovers on sunday

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/16/11 02:58 PM

Before some fair weather sailors get discouraged, there is a seabreeze forecast.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/16/11 03:30 PM

Brett already said he's not going, something about an A cat regatta this weekend.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/16/11 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by DUH
Before some fair weather sailors get discouraged, there is a seabreeze forecast.

Very true, they have not accurately included the sea brease into the forcasts all year.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/19/11 01:47 AM

The plan is to meet at the Tilted Kilt at 8:30 PM. This time is very weather dependent, today the breeze didn't fill in until 4:30 PM so it could be a very long day for our bachelor.

Tilted Kilt
Posted By: David Parker

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/20/11 01:16 AM

First boat in (JC and Dalton) at about 7:45 pm. That's about 12 hours! Several boats still out after dark but they should be in soon. Festival atmosphere on the croweded Dunedin Causeway, lots of boats, live band, full moon rising, Jupiter and Mercury setting... all of it very cool for the beach greeters but the sailors looked pretty beat!

More results soon.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 02:09 PM

whose fireworks were those?

True to the name, this event demanded a lot from the boats and sailors. Everthing from picking your way through a mooring field, sailing 270 degrees on the same tack, double trapped tight reaching, and a beautiful sunset on the water (for some of us).

It was all about predicting when the seabreeze would fill. Boats spread out all over the bay past Gadsen point (McDill?), and our boat in particular caught a "Zero to Hero" lane about 12 miles to the Skyway, setting us up for a nice line to be first under the bridge.

From Mullet Point to the finish (about 30+ miles) was an uphill horserace. JC/"Steve" and Mike(?) were literally within a boatlength the whole way. The two N20s were within spitting distance all the way to the Clearwater spider marker wherein Fondrick found "fourth mode" and pulled about a mile ahead.

And again true to form, our boat found the shoal at Dunedin pass shortly after sunset. Of course it had to be a double-trap reach at the time. Suprisingly, no damage to daggarboards (thank you soft sand!)

Props to Forrest in his first official race. This race isn't for quitters (bachelor boy), and he toughed it out way better than I would have if it was my first sojourn...

That "stealth mode" neon yellow mainsail did make it hard to slip by the competition without notice however...

We pulled into the beach just after last light, and I saw two more boats pull in after us. Any idea who they were? And we know Karl had to quit to make his "field trip". Where did Ding end up?

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 02:30 PM

We pulled into the beach just after last light, and I saw two more boats pull in after us. Any idea who they were? And we know Karl had to quit to make his "field trip". Where did Ding end up?

Bob and I decided to wait until the entire fleet was safely through the Sunshine Skyway and well over the horizon before we started moving. We then spent the rest of the day chasing Peter. We saw the sunset and moonrise between Clearwater Beach and Dunedin. After the sun went down it got freakin COLD!

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 02:33 PM

Nice writeup Jay, sorry you found the shoal infront of the beach. Very glad there was no damage. Hope you all had a good time.

BOY what a busy day on the causeway!!! in my 11 years sailing there i have never seen a band playing live.

We had a small group on clearwater beach waiting to cheer you on, but gave up after a few hours

[Linked Image]

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 02:47 PM

whose fireworks were those?

There was a private party that had town approval (permits) to have an event at the causeway. I THINK the band and fireworks was part of that, but not sure.

I was wondering if the town realized there was the race as well...

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 02:50 PM

It was a birthday party for several people and those that were having a party were not aware there was a race that day.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 07:41 PM

good to hear you toughed it out Ding. Didn't want you getting a bad rep for quitting. I presume you missed Bachelor Boy's field trip? He was looking for you around 22:00 hours...

We saw "all-ya'll" up in that section near St. Pete chasing dolphins while we were struggling smack dab in the middle of the sound/bay. Had we not found that first inkling of seabreeze (which gybed our spinnaker for us to wake us up), we'd probably have never made it. I expected you guys to get it first and come storming down over the top of us, but the only one who sailed by was Mike's F18 and then we caught it.

Gotta say figuring out that seabreeze is downright aggravating

I thought JC had done a horizon job on everyone until we saw him streaking toward Mullet Point with Fondrick on his tail

Nothing like going under the Skyway at 16:00 hours and thinking "yeah... 40 more miles upwind"

But, at least we were averaging 12 mph on the outside, which was a lot faster than the -2 mph in the bay...

Still, one of the prettiest sailing days and venues around.

Maybe something like DIYC around Egmont and back?

I wonder if BYC would do something like that? That way some of the monomarans might do it.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 07:49 PM

Still, one of the prettiest sailing days and venues around.

Maybe something like DIYC around Egmont and back?

I wonder if BYC would do something like that? That way some of the monomarans might do it.

That's a mod that would make the logistics of this event a whole lot easier.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 07:56 PM

DIYC already does that race. They do it in the beginning of January. Maybe we could work to get a cat fleet. With interest, I will take it to the club to see if they would allow us in.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 08:16 PM

We could add it to the Zhik Southern Area F18 Winter Series schedule.

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/21/11 11:42 PM

Forgive my ignorance because I don't proclaim to be a real racer (and not that it would have had any bearing on our outcome, I'm sure) but federal exclusion zones...cool to sail through on the regular or only during non-sanctioned events?

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/22/11 02:45 AM

Not cool to sail through ever. You'll get a visit by the USAF water police. They were buzzing around us and we were running the edge.
Posted By: stevefisherkeller

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/22/11 11:09 AM

Did anyone loose a spinaker pole from the Macho Man? One was found Sunday. Steve Grear found it on his boat, I took it up to Glen at Sail Honeymoon. Check your gear. Congratulations to all who sailed and finnished.
Posted By: PeteCullum

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/22/11 06:04 PM

Steve,

Thanks, the pole was mine and Jim brought it back to Sarasota.

Cheers

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/28/11 06:33 PM

the best wind is always in that dang exclusion zone.

So the black RIBs with the dudes with guns wasn't just out there to check on JC?

Thank goodness I took the towel off my head...

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/31/11 04:27 PM

Some pic's from MM.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34210&id=100001195749107&l=926f8d0f96

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/31/11 04:29 PM

that yellow mainsail sure is....stealthy

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/31/11 04:33 PM

I didn't realize you started with a "reefed main".

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/31/11 04:34 PM

it was our tactic for that heavy air... and our 460# team weight

Re: Macho Man & Bachelor Party - 03/31/11 04:39 PM

Good stuff. Wish I could do more races.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums