Catsailor.com

Tramp removal

Posted By: Clayton

Tramp removal - 03/14/11 04:12 AM

I need to remove the tramp from my Nacra 5.2. Its a one piece tramp. There must be some trick to it but I don't know it. Tried a search to no avail. Little help here?

Thanks,
Clayton
Posted By: yurdle

Re: Tramp removal - 03/14/11 05:47 AM

Untie it at the rear beam and it will slide up the tracks to the main beam. Disconnect the main beam from one hull and slide the tramp out.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Tramp removal - 03/14/11 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Clayton
I need to remove the tramp from my Nacra 5.2. Its a one piece tramp. There must be some trick to it but I don't know it. Tried a search to no avail. Little help here?

Thanks,
Clayton

It's reconnecting that main beam to the hull that's so much fun! Clayton got it right though...and if you still have the center bar, aka "knee knocker", it should slide off the castings without drilling out rivets but if it's stuck, you may have to drill out one of the rivets holding the casting to one of the beams.

Re: Tramp removal - 03/14/11 02:27 PM

The tramp is too tight to just slide out. It looks like detaching the main beam involves dismantling the striker assy too, at least one side. It is riveted to the beam and I think a bracket is riveted to the hull. I don't remember if the two are attached or will just separate. I'll have to look next time.

C
Posted By: Kris Hathaway

Re: Tramp removal - 03/14/11 02:39 PM

Nacra 5.2 & 5.5 Manual This should help. You should not have to dismantle the striker. This version does not have the knee knocker but as Jake said, it should release when the beam is pulled off the hull.

Re: Tramp removal - 03/14/11 04:21 PM

Excellent! I started on the right track, just stopped short. I'll need to send the tramp off to be inspected and re-stitched. I have teenagers that think the Stiletto is too slow!!! (What would they expect with 14 of their friends on board!) They keep saying something about needing new harnesses for their friends to try... this might work!

C

Posted By: Jake

Re: Tramp removal - 03/14/11 06:35 PM

I remember there are little stainless 'tangs' on the main beam that bump into the hull there - they are only there to establish the initial hull position when reassembling...they're not actually attached to the hull.

BE SURE you have the boat out in the sun on a warm sunny day when trying to reinstall...it's hard to get the hulls back in position with a new trampoline. I tried putting my trampoline in the drier to loosen it up some but I could never keep it warm by the time I got it to the boat...had to wait for sunny day.

Re: Tramp removal - 03/15/11 03:56 PM

Thanks Jake, I did see those tangs. Good point about the sun. I think we'll have enough here to warm it good enough.

Should have it off this weekend.

C
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Tramp removal - 03/17/11 02:40 AM

When I need to remove a tramp from my boat I just move the cooler to someone elses boat. It usually works.

Re: Tramp removal - 03/17/11 03:48 AM

But what if she's good crew??? ;-)
Posted By: DennisMe

Re: Tramp removal - 03/20/11 07:00 PM

What I do is loosen the rear lacing.
Pull behind the main beam on alternating sides, no more than about four inches a time until a sort of pocket forms.
Then when the last inch pops out of the track, remove the main beam and slide the tramp off. Mounting is the reverse operation.

Re: Tramp removal - 03/21/11 02:16 AM

Unbolted the hull from the beams, tramp slid right out. I'll keep in mind having it in the sun to put it back on. Now, who to send it to for re-stitching?
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums