Catsailor.com

KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29

Posted By: David Ingram

KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 04/03/11 06:49 PM

Hello All,

The annual Kelly Park River Regatta is scheduled to take place the weekend of May 28 and 29. The regatta fee includes some killer BBQ by Frank “Princess” Rodericks and something for the road on Sunday. Since Monday is a holiday you are welcome to stick around and join us for a fun sail.

If you’re planning on coming please take few minutes to pre-register at www.fleet80.com.

I’ve included links for the Regatta Flyer and NOR below. These documents contain hotel and schedule information.

KPRR Regatta Flyer

KPRR Notice of Race

If you have any questions please contact Kathy Turner kturner01 (at) harris (.) com.

Regards,

SCCA Lackey at Large

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 04/26/11 07:27 PM

Bump! Four weeks away! Come for the BBQ stay for the regatta.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/11/11 02:36 PM

We have 6 A-cats registered now, should be able to attract more from the Tampa area.

-Mike
US145

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/11/11 02:43 PM

Excellent! Thank you Mike.

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/25/11 06:15 PM

It's time to KPRR! The weather forecast looks perfect with temps in the low eighties it will even be tolerable for someone as delicate as me.

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/25/11 06:54 PM

Update:

Beer and lesser important beverages have been purchased. Princess is ready to start cooking and the girls have almost finished their shopping. It's time peoples.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/25/11 07:52 PM

damn i want a boat

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/25/11 08:29 PM

Yes, yes you do.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/26/11 12:47 AM

Stank, I gots a spot on the 20 if you can get a kitchen pass.

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/27/11 03:53 PM

All the food is bought and beer is on ice.

The pre-reg numbers keep creeping up with a solid Hobie 16, F16 and A-cat fleet. The weather is still forecast to be perfect.

It's time to go sailing.

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/27/11 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Undecided
Stank, I gots a spot on the 20 if you can get a kitchen pass.

crap. wedding in boca

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/27/11 07:43 PM

Its cool - I just got a call .... I'm straight.
Posted By: Jake

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/27/11 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Undecided
Its cool - I just got a call .... I'm straight.

That's good to know considering you're already married to a female and all....
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/27/11 08:15 PM

So few closets......so much to hide.
Posted By: Jake

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/27/11 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by ksurfer2

Speaking of which, isn't this the regatta that Ding got romantic with that inflated buoy on the beach a couple of years ago?

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/28/11 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jake

Speaking of which, isn't this the regatta that Ding got romantic with that inflated buoy on the beach a couple of years ago?

It was and it changed my life!
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/31/11 02:13 PM

Anyone know the results? smile

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/31/11 02:29 PM

Results are coming, I just have to pay some bills first.
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/31/11 02:44 PM

LOL!

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/31/11 03:05 PM

Kelly Park River Regatta Results

The weather was perfect! The first race of each day was sailed in less than 10 but built to the mid to high teens by the end of the day. The BBQ pork was outstanding (Thank you Frank "Princess" Rodericks) that boy worked very hard for us and was a huge part of the success of this regatta. The McDonald Hostel was off the chain and I suspect a letter from the HOA will be coming soon, kudo's Matt and Gina, and thank you for putting up with a bunch of drunken sailors for three days. KPRR this year was as much about the party as it was about the sailing but honestly if it went any longer I'd have to check myself into Betty Ford... just for some quiet time.

Oh... Tad and I are friends again. KPRR is magical.

Grandpa Ding rules B!TCHES!

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/31/11 03:11 PM

Oh... Tad and I are friends again. KPRR is magical.

I saw you in those spandex pants and I couldn't resist.

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/31/11 03:19 PM

Ooof! Talk about walking around with a target on your back, well at least I have one friend now.

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/31/11 03:31 PM

How Sweetness let you out in public looking like that is still a mystery.

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/31/11 03:50 PM

How Sweetness let you out in public looking like that is still a mystery.

She isn't the boss of me, I'll dress myself any way I like!
Posted By: tback

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 05/31/11 08:14 PM

Yea, Ding's a metrosexual ... BTW, Kris really liked those and was wondering if they're unisex?
Posted By: Fearless_Rider

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/01/11 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by David Ingram
Kelly Park River Regatta Results

The BBQ pork was outstanding (Thank you Frank "Princess" Rodericks) that boy worked very hard for us and was a huge part of the success of this regatta.

Y'all are quite welcome. Apparently 60lbs of pig-butt fed lots of hungry folks! grin Nobody left unstuffed! sick
I'd say next time I'll be sure to wear a "wife-beater t-shirt" while chaw'n on skoal, to add to the true redneck authenticity of my BBQ, but I'm fairly confident the appearance was a One-Hit-Wonder!

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/01/11 08:43 PM

hey, now that there's (almost) no more shuttle to carry, can you convert the big drop tank into one GOD-ZIRRA barbeque rig?

Dang thing woke me up at 2:30 last night rattling the windows at the house. my tax dollars at work....

Oh, and watching rerun of Capricorn One on DVD. Dang, OJ looks young (and not so nefarius)...

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/03/11 02:29 PM

The McDonald Hostel was off the chain and I suspect a letter from the HOA will be coming soon, kudo's Matt and Gina, and thank you for putting up with a bunch of drunken sailors for three days. KPRR this year was as much about the party as it was about the sailing but honestly if it went any longer I'd have to check myself into Betty Ford... just for some quiet time.

While the McDonald Hostel is awesome, it does not come without it's hazards. One particular F16 sailor made the mistake of falling asleep (passing out) early on Saturday night. No details, but......On Sunday night, he felt it would be safer to sleep in his car! Apparently he feels that a bunch of drunken catsailors cannot be trusted.....he's probably right!
Posted By: tback

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/03/11 02:51 PM

The McDonald Hostel was off the chain and I suspect a letter from the HOA will be coming soon, kudo's Matt and Gina, and thank you for putting up with a bunch of drunken sailors for three days. KPRR this year was as much about the party as it was about the sailing but honestly if it went any longer I'd have to check myself into Betty Ford... just for some quiet time.

Apparently he feels that a bunch of drunken catsailors cannot be trusted.....he's probably right!

Uhhh...we didn't sleep in our car on Sunday ... you must be mistaken ... we did it out on the lawn.

ohh, and for the record "I am a CATSAILOR" I DO NOT "passout" after a few RUM drinks ... I choose to refuel my sleep for my incredible crewing skills and my captain for her focused steering.

T.
Posted By: pgp

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/03/11 02:56 PM

Damn, damn, damn. Missed the party of the year. I could have exchanged my dd position for candid photographer.

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/03/11 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by tback

Apparently he feels that a bunch of drunken catsailors cannot be trusted.....he's probably right!

Uhhh...we didn't sleep in our car on Sunday ... you must be mistaken ... we did it out on the lawn.

ohh, and for the record "I am a CATSAILOR" I DO NOT "passout" after a few RUM drinks ... I choose to refuel my sleep for my incredible crewing skills and my captain for her focused steering.

T.

Sorry T....I was not referring to you guys. Another F16 sailor in the house.
Posted By: team mcneir

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/04/11 02:06 AM

It would have to be Tom Cat from pcola.

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/04/11 11:20 AM

Working on cutting up some video.

Here are some stills.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/06/11 02:28 PM

Yes - the tramp is loose. I had to replace a lacing button on the back beam before the regatta and hadn't had a chance to retighten the lacing.

Watch it before Youtube brings down the banhammer on the soundtrack :P

Re: KPRR, Merritt Island, FL, May 28 & 29 - 06/06/11 03:11 PM

rain-X on the lens will help a little.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums