Catsailor.com

Spring Fever

Posted By: Jake

Spring Fever - 04/25/11 01:47 PM

Spring Fever was awesome this year. Warm (most of it!), great wind Friday and while it did lighten up Sat/Sun there was enough to race in. I had a great time and really enjoyed getting back into the F18 fleet (tough!)...not to mention having the New England Gangsta's boat now in the Team Seacats fleet. Parties = awesome. Food = awesome. Hosting = awesome. It was a great time and we should see some published results soon.

Posted By: Lost in Translation

Re: Spring Fever - 04/25/11 06:57 PM

Definitely a great event. Friday was especially good with building breeze and a long race day. We had nice large fleets across many classes as well.

Zhik and others like Honey Baked Ham did a tremendous job on sponsorship as well.
Posted By: catandahalf

Re: Spring Fever - 04/25/11 09:32 PM

Were the top three Formula 16s 'Mixed Crew?'

...was one of them a fourteen year old girl???

Keep it Rollin' KIDS!
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Spring Fever - 04/25/11 11:09 PM

I'm still on the road......

Re: Spring Fever - 04/25/11 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by catandahalf
Were the top three Formula 16s 'Mixed Crew?'

...was one of them a fourteen year old girl???

Keep it Rollin' KIDS!

One was a fourteen year old girl and the other was thirteen both with their dads. 3rd and 1st place.
Posted By: catandahalf

Re: Spring Fever - 04/26/11 12:30 AM

Kinda nice to see, EH?

How did Taylor and Matthew fare against the grand prix bros?
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Spring Fever - 04/26/11 12:39 AM

In the F18 it was,

1) Easton/Burd
2) Casey/Tebo
3) Reiss/Whitehead

IIRC.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Spring Fever - 04/27/11 10:10 PM

I see the full results are now up - http://www.twinhulls.com/springfever2011/11results1/
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Spring Fever - 04/27/11 11:10 PM

pics anywhere?

(edit)- Nevermind.... coming soon.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/27/11 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by MarkMT
I see the full results are now up - http://www.twinhulls.com/springfever2011/11results1/

Dang, I did beat Team Punk. Ding, I guess someone has to pull the weight around here! ;-)
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by MarkMT

Dang, I did beat Team Punk. Ding, I guess someone has to pull the weight around here! ;-)

Unfortunately, our breakdown on day 1 took us out of contention. Otherwise the Punks would have been our b!tches!
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 02:28 PM

what happened Karl?

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 02:36 PM

Redo of our Hiram's breakdown.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 02:53 PM

wtf? I thought they beefed up those gudgeons with welds on both sides?

You must have something weird going on back there or you are some sort of animal on the helm...? Two different boats having the same problem? wow
Posted By: mikeborden

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 03:23 PM

After looking at those results, I SUCK!!!!!

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb

You must have something weird going on back there or you are some sort of animal on the helm...? Two different boats having the same problem? wow

The gudgeon survived, it's that stupid little eyebolt that failed.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ksurfer2

The gudgeon survived, it's that stupid little eyebolt that failed.

Did you have the new "cut from a single piece of steel" version? They've recently redesigned those.

Look on the bright side - at least your transom hasn't come off, or the front fallen off.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 05:43 PM

NOW I have the new bolts.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 05:57 PM

thats usually how it works for me too.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 06:50 PM

man, that's funny every time!

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 06:59 PM

man, that's funny every time!

It actually happened to one unlucky Hobie 18.

The front did fall off.
Posted By: brucat

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 09:22 PM

"It actually happened to one unlucky Hobie 18. The front did fall off."

I've seen that happen too (the front just fell off an TheMightyHobie18). Not pretty. Cats look very weird with only one hull above the water.

I've also seen TWO H17s lose everything from the crossbar-forward, but those were after collisions (separate regattas).

BTW, Ding, how could you possibly let Todd beat you (again)???

Mike
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by brucat

Mike

I know! The shame is unbearable.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/28/11 10:35 PM

maybe now I'll make some hats (for both of us) that has team punk on the front inside a circle and crossing bar...we can use a sharpie to make a "notch" on the back to mark defeats.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/29/11 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by David Ingram

Mike

I know! The shame is unbearable.

Well, at least you've manned up and aren't blaming it on something stupid (my boat broke, I drank too much, the sun was in my eyes)...

Still in all, inexcusable.

Mike
Posted By: wildtsail

Re: Spring Fever - 04/29/11 06:33 AM

I actually like the hat idea Jake... though you won't have any notches yet. We'll be changing that soon, I hope. I'll expect Ding will need a new hat pretty quickly when he runs out of room for notches. It made my day to see the changed results with us beating Ding. Plus that means Karl owes us a bottle of rum! Thats what he gets for telling me that I'm only his "part time" nemisis. Brendon is happy too after he got ripped off in the dance contest.
We were a bit nervous about going to Spring Fever not having sailed the Wildcat before. Saturday was a learning experience in the light air, we figured out a lot about the boat. Still have a ways to go but we love the boat and are looking forward to tapping into the potential it has.
Mike.. thanks for calling Karl out on the broken boat excuse! Beth yells at him when he doesn't take care of his boat, the least he could have done is pony up the money for a KNOWN PROBLEM and fixed it before the regatta rather than whine about it afterwards. We replaced those before they broke and then a few regattas later when borrowing Mike & Tripp's boat it broke on their boat sailing around between races in 5 knots of wind.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/29/11 01:20 PM

put a circle of trust, and the punks outside that circle

[Linked Image]

Re: Spring Fever - 04/29/11 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by wildtsail
Saturday was a learning experience in the light air, we figured out a lot about the boat. Still have a ways to go but we love the boat and are looking forward to tapping into the potential it has.

Buy an ad Ricky!

And you left the best part out, the part where I sailed through lee during that last upwind on Saturday...what was it you said to me again while I did that... oh yeah, "F!@# YOU Ding" Made the whole trip worth it.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/29/11 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by wildtsail
I actually like the hat idea Jake... though you won't have any notches yet. We'll be changing that soon, I hope. I'll expect Ding will need a new hat pretty quickly when he runs out of room for notches. It made my day to see the changed results with us beating Ding. Plus that means Karl owes us a bottle of rum! Thats what he gets for telling me that I'm only his "part time" nemisis. Brendon is happy too after he got ripped off in the dance contest.
We were a bit nervous about going to Spring Fever not having sailed the Wildcat before. Saturday was a learning experience in the light air, we figured out a lot about the boat. Still have a ways to go but we love the boat and are looking forward to tapping into the potential it has.
Mike.. thanks for calling Karl out on the broken boat excuse! Beth yells at him when he doesn't take care of his boat, the least he could have done is pony up the money for a KNOWN PROBLEM and fixed it before the regatta rather than whine about it afterwards. We replaced those before they broke and then a few regattas later when borrowing Mike & Tripp's boat it broke on their boat sailing around between races in 5 knots of wind.

I've already got a notch!...and don't give me that "we had a new boat stuff"...I haven't been on an F18 in five years and I had a crew with me that has sailed an asymmetrical kite only once before.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/29/11 02:13 PM

Well, at least you've manned up and aren't blaming it on something stupid (my boat broke, I drank too much, the sun was in my eyes)...

Still in all, inexcusable.

Mike

Yep! The little s!@# out sailed me... actually Brendon out sailed me. Ricky has finally learned how to follow directions.

Re: Spring Fever - 04/29/11 02:33 PM

All joking aside for a minute, I wish I could take back all the times I've blamed losing on something stupid. I think we've all said things like:

We would have won if we didn't flip.

We would have won if the mast didn't come down.

We would have won if you didn't go on that crazy flyer.

We would have won if we covered you.

In all of these cases, the winner WON because he DIDN'T make these mistakes, not because YOU DID.

Then, there are the truly stupid excuses like being hung over, those should have their own category...

OK, tanget over, carry on...

BTW Jay, love that visual reminder of the circle of trust!!!

Mike

Re: Spring Fever - 04/29/11 07:08 PM

I have lots of time to think about it being boatless and all... frown

two more years unitl the grommets can start the opti clinic
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Spring Fever - 05/13/11 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger
pics anywhere?

(edit)- Nevermind.... coming soon.

I just noticed they're up - http://www.twinhulls.com/springfever2011/11photos/
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums