Catsailor.com

Season opener on Flathead Lake

Posted By: davefarmer

Season opener on Flathead Lake - 05/16/11 11:57 PM

My landsailing buddy, John Eisenlohr, brought along his GoPro for the Stealth's opening day. Big swells, 20+ kts of wind, and the first real sunshine we've received this spring. Season on!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmLM_Q8LZxI&feature=player_embedded

Dave
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Season opener on Flathead Lake - 05/17/11 10:52 AM

Awesome smile
Posted By: pepin

Re: Season opener on Flathead Lake - 05/17/11 11:21 AM

No jib? No spi? You need a second trap line and the jib on!

And the crew needs to trap lower smile

I'm jealous of the paint job, if only my Stealth looked that good!

Re: Season opener on Flathead Lake - 05/17/11 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by pepin

I thought that too but he did say "landsailing buddy" . . guess you dont want to risk t-bagging someone not used to getting wet
Posted By: h17racer

Re: Season opener on Flathead Lake - 05/17/11 05:21 PM

Hey Dave, just spent 9 days snowboarding on The Big in Whitefish. The view from the mountaintop sure had us wondering if there were any catsailors using the two beautiful lakes.

You have an active fleet?

Sail fast, Tom G
Posted By: davefarmer

Re: Season opener on Flathead Lake - 05/17/11 07:46 PM

I've yet to re apply the non skid, so with the abrupt stops and screaming acceleration down the wave faces, trapping was dicey. John's a good soft water sailor, but he completely dominates classes 3 and 4 with his solid winged landyachts! We just bought an 18 square together, and it might sport a wing next summer.....
Yeah, the view from atop Big Mt is stunning. Not a lot of boat traffic on Flathead, more so on Whitefish Lake. We have an F27, a Stiletto that doesn't get out much, a good buddy's Nacra F18, and a mess of Hobies that rarely leave the beach. And my active fleet, the Stealth, the ARC22, Flight Risk, and soon the square! Come sail boys!

Dave

Attached picture revival computer pics 004.jpg
Attached picture arc 2201a.jpg
Attached picture 18 sq 1.jpg
Posted By: catman

Re: Season opener on Flathead Lake - 05/18/11 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by MN3

I thought that too but he did say "landsailing buddy" . . guess you dont want to risk t-bagging someone not used to getting wet

Your the last person to comment on trapping too high. Whenever he gets on my boat he ties my trap lines up in knots so he can hang higher.

Re: Season opener on Flathead Lake - 05/18/11 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by catman
Originally Posted by MN3

Your the last person to comment on trapping too high. Whenever he gets on my boat he ties my trap lines up in knots so he can hang higher.

Every time i get on your wire... i am under water to my chin. HeadHunter also adjusted it up i heard
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums