Posted By: Chris9

Spin Sheet Line choice? - 05/26/11 01:52 PM

Whats your favorite line at the moment?
Posted By: PTP

Re: Spin Sheet Line choice? - 05/27/11 04:02 AM

bzzzz.... cheap. or salsa.
Posted By: SoggyCheetoh

Re: Spin Sheet Line choice? - 05/27/11 12:01 PM

The one that jams up in your blocks causing you to blow a jibe, you fast F&*^.
Posted By: Todd Berget

Re: Spin Sheet Line choice? - 05/27/11 12:13 PM

I've been liking fse racing sheet and regular swiftcord. Two ways to make em:
1. Eye splice ends and use a small spectra (dyneema) strop to the clew.
2. At mid point of sheet, splice a small spectra strop through the sheet and attach to clew. You then need to either tie the ends together or dead end them at the corners at the back beam. I just tried that last night and liked it. I noticed that some of the top euro f18 guys were setting it up that way.

Another option could be NE flight line, but it has some polypro which I personally don't like. I am finding the polypro sheet the came with my boat is burning up fast.

Cheers
Posted By: pepin

Re: Spin Sheet Line choice? - 05/27/11 02:05 PM

An alternative to tie the end together is to make a small eye splice on one of the end. You can then simply thread the other end through the eye and make a quick stopper knot.

I was looking in detail at some top boats at Carnac and I've also seen the system dead ending the sheets at the back beams with a shock cord on more than one boat. In addition to that I've also seen that on Mischa's Cirrus R there is a bit of velcro sewn on the sheets with a matching patch on the trampoline to park the two sheets at a specific spot so it's on the right place for Bastiaan to grab it when he raises the spi.

Actually I think that particular Cirrus R needs a complete review from someone. It's been tricked out to no end with in boom sheeting, up and down f*ck*r, some very long trapeze height control line, some creative placement of the spi downhaul release and I'm sure I'm forgetting quite a lot of it. Shame I didn't have a camera!

Posted By: RickWhite

Re: Spin Sheet Line choice? - 05/27/11 02:25 PM

Salsa, hands down. Soft on hands, non knotting, and not expensive.
https://store.catsailor.com/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=15783&idcategory=0
Posted By: Todd Berget

Re: Spin Sheet Line choice? - 05/27/11 02:53 PM

Funny, that was the boat I was looking at. It would be great if someone could get the scoop on all the little tricks employed. Ther are some great pics at www.sealaunay.com
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums