Catsailor.com

Conrats Aussies!

Posted By: Todd_Sails

Conrats Aussies! - 07/23/11 03:16 PM

Not sailing this time.

Congratulations to the Aussies and the Phenom Cadel Evans!!
Posted By: Tony_F18

Re: Conrats Aussies! - 07/23/11 04:40 PM

Very impressive for an Aussie to win it!
Cant remember the last time the TdF was this close.
Posted By: Jalani

Re: Conrats Aussies! - 07/23/11 04:55 PM

I've been rivetted to the excellent coverage that we get in the UK.
Fantastic to watch the way Evans gave his all to overhaul Andy and Franck. I guess Alpe d'huez just took too much out of Andy..........

Also, don't forget the phenomenal 'Manx Missile'! Cavendish has just been unbeatable in the sprints.
Posted By: Mike Fahle

Re: Conrats Aussies! - 07/23/11 05:58 PM

Last year, when Contador beat Andy Schleck by just 39 seconds.
Posted By: JJ_

Re: Conrats Aussies! - 07/26/11 04:40 PM

Enjoyed Cadel's win. Can't help watching TDF each year even though organizers' efforts swing good to awful.
Posted By: BLR_0719

Re: Conrats Aussies! - 07/26/11 07:49 PM

He's been favored to win for the past couple years and finished 2nd back to back in 08 and 09. He was due to win, and BMC is paying him generously to stay on board with them.

I don't condone professionals fighting with spectators, but this was gratifying to see:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Conrats Aussies! - 07/26/11 10:12 PM

I'm a huge fan of the tour. That guy put something in his face and he was right to give a smack. The people were way too close to him during that climb, some even hitting him on the butt as he rode. Contador had some bad luck early, but came back nicely. Evans had such great timing and guts to fight back against Andy Schleck and then let them have it in the time trial. The fight between in the top has been the most entertaining I've seen in the past few years.

Congrats AUS!!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums