Catsailor.com

Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's

Posted By: David Ingram

Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 08:41 PM

Is anyone interested in doing 3 or 4 days of this regatta? It was a great event last year and I wouldn't mind extending it if there were some more players that are willing.
Posted By: jkkartz1

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 08:58 PM

Would you consider a 1 day distance race?

Tour de Charlotte Harbor.

Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 09:05 PM

I like the idea of a 1 day of distance racing, but score it seperately from the 3 days of buoys.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by jkkartz1
Would you consider a 1 day distance race?

Tour de Charlotte Harbor.

Hell yeah I'd do the tour. To bad Ricky is going to miss it... Can't really blame him though, who goes out of their way for a beat down?
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 09:19 PM

F16's aren't invited Dave? laugh
You're killing me brother.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Karl_Brogger

Of course the F16 fleet is invited Karl, why you gotta be like that? The F18's are my world you know that. And when I join the A cat fleet they will be my world... and I have no doubt they will say... crap! There goes the neighborhood! That's right Mr. Moss (they are a bit formal in that fleet) the clock is ticking for you buddy! Yeah go ahead and reply I dare you... pussy!
Posted By: Jake

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram

Of course the F16 fleet is invited Karl, why you gotta be like that? The F18's are my world you know that. And when I join the A cat fleet they will be my world... and I have no doubt they will say... crap! There goes the neighborhood! That's right Mr. Moss (they are a bit formal in that fleet) the clock is ticking for you buddy! Yeah go ahead and reply I dare you... pussy!

If, by "formal", you mean establishing a strict schedule for sailing, jacuzzi, strip club while also making sure there is enough stock to not run out of rum for the evening, then yes, a-catters are quite formal.
Posted By: pgp

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 09:39 PM

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.780482,-82.063667&z=11&t=h&hl=en

55 miles +/-

Attached picture tour de charlotte.JPG

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jake

If, by "formal", you mean establishing a strict schedule for sailing, jacuzzi, strip club while also making sure there is enough stock to not run out of rum for the evening, then yes, a-catters are quite formal.

Now hold on there partner... I thought Mr. Moss was the only deviant in that clan. The one and only A-cat gathering I attend... well kinda crashed, there was no rum and the question was would you prefer a gin or vodka martini (gin is superior btw) it was all quite civilized. There was no mention of strip clubs, I really must learn the secret handshake.
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 10:29 PM

Now hold on there partner... I thought Mr. Moss was the only deviant in that clan. The one and only A-cat gathering I attend... well kinda crashed, there was no rum and the question was would you prefer a gin or vodka martini (gin is superior btw) it was all quite civilized. There was no mention of strip clubs, I really must learn the secret handshake.

You were hangin' with the white sheep, ya gotta hang with the black sheep or worse ...us. If you really are gettin' an A I'll make sure you get in with the "wrong" crowd. You and Mighty Mouse would be a riot at a regatta together.
Posted By: wildtsail

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/02/11 10:54 PM

Are you kidding Ding? You only beat me in one race the whole 3 days last year. I barely saw you. It was a similar deal at Tradewinds.... so until your record is a winning record against me you need to shut your mouth.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/03/11 12:45 PM

I'm guessing that Todd Hart wasn't at that regatta?

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/03/11 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by wildtsail
Are you kidding Ding? You only beat me in one race the whole 3 days last year. I barely saw you. It was a similar deal at Tradewinds.... so until your record is a winning record against me you need to shut your mouth.

Ricky, it's so easy to push your buttons you're almost making it no fun. It does have to be annoying to have someone you consider your lesser constantly call you out. But it gives me such a chuckle every time you get all tough and say things like, "you need to shut your mouth". see you next weekend Ricky, I have some speed tips to share, because I care and only want to see you succeed.
Posted By: PeteCullum

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/03/11 03:04 PM

Cabbage Key is one of the best watering holes in FL and only accessable by boat and not far from Port Charlotte. Can we race to the bar, drink a mandatory rum quota, and race back. Just remember to be careful in Boca Grande Pass, which has the highest concentrations of hammerheads in the country.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/03/11 03:44 PM

Awesome. Singlehanded drunk sailing in shark infested waters sounds entertaining. Ding, wanna pick me up on your way by when I fall off?
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/03/11 06:39 PM

Awesome. Singlehanded drunk sailing in shark infested waters sounds entertaining. Ding, wanna pick me up on your way by when I fall off?

Or what's left...

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/03/11 10:21 PM

Probably just a chunk from the life jacket, a can of Kodiak, and a booty.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/05/11 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by PeteCullum
Cabbage Key is one of the best watering holes in FL and only accessable by boat and not far from Port Charlotte. Can we race to the bar, drink a mandatory rum quota, and race back. Just remember to be careful in Boca Grande Pass, which has the highest concentrations of hammerheads in the country.

I'd be down for that. Sharks don't care for the Stank. Pete tossed me off the boat at Hammerhead hole around Sanibel and nary a nibble...

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/05/11 07:24 PM

Don't make me go all Ricky on you explaining how you'd never be in front of me. The rant would be rich with how I'm insulted and disrespected by your arrogance too.

But seriously, if you do happen to fall off I would more than happy to come back and pick you up assuming Langefeld and the N20 drivers just sail on by. Because I'm there for you Karl, I'm a giver.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/05/11 07:25 PM

You know, I did have some concerns...

And that's what the local fishing guides call that spot, "the hammerhead hole". When you can't get anything else to bite...

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/05/11 07:55 PM

Don't make me go all Ricky on you explaining how you'd never be in front of me. The rant would be rich with how I'm insulted and disrespected by your arrogance too.

But seriously, if you do happen to fall off I would more than happy to come back and pick you up assuming Langefeld and the N20 drivers just sail on by. Because I'm there for you Karl, I'm a giver.

If the sharks do get him, I hope they leave a leg behind.....I can always use a spare tiller extension.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 02:19 AM

Hahaha, f*ckers.
I'm laughing.

I might not be making it this year. I've blown way too much money on my house the last few months. Plus, I'm supposed to be in Wyoming the last week of February. Doesn't leave much time for working in there.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 02:22 PM

I might not be making it this year. I've blown way too much money on my house the last few months. Plus, I'm supposed to be in Wyoming the last week of February. Doesn't leave much time for working in there.

All that drama about being invited and now this!? W T F !! Dude, if you're scared just say you're scared and don't give us some lame excuse about work and money. What is your next excuse... "I have to clean stalls that weekend"?

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 02:25 PM

I'm supposed to be in Wyoming the last week of February.

I hear there is nothing like Wyoming in February.....Lucky B@stard. I wish I could be there too, but I'll be stuck down here in Florida.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 02:42 PM

I was going to ask you for a favor or to do a small job. I vaguely remember a picture of your shop and a big drum sander. I have a piece of walnut that was cut from my grandmother's farm in central Illinois back in the mid 60' and I want to make it into a picture frame for a panormamic picture of Punta Gorda back in the 1930's. I figured if I shipped it up to you then you could run it through your machine and drive it back down here. I save the cost of shipping. But since you aren't coming, can I send it to you?

For those interested in a 4th day, I talked to my Stiletto skipper who is the race chairman for the Punta Gorda Sailing Club. He said fine, a 4th day would be up to you and would probably not count in the final standings.

To plead your case, please contact the regatta chairpeople:
Clif Kewley
c.kewley@charlotteharborregatta

Sarah Buck
sarahcommodore@live.com

sarahcommodore@live.com

Jack

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 03:18 PM

I'm game as long as the start and end point are the same.

And I think we should avoid Boca Grande pass; maybe behind Cayo Costa, turn around at Cabbage Key?

About 23 mi. as drawn.

Attached picture PC to Cabbage Key.JPG

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 03:57 PM

All that drama about being invited and now this!? W T F !! Dude, if you're scared just say you're scared and don't give us some lame excuse about work and money. What is your next excuse... "I have to clean stalls that weekend"?

Oh David.... I do it just to jerk your chain, and you know it. laugh I might be able to make it, but like I said, I've spent waaaaaaayyyyy too much money lately.

Originally Posted by ksurfer
I hear there is nothing like Wyoming in February.....Lucky B@stard. I wish I could be there too, but I'll be stuck down here in Florida.

Wyoming, in February is pretty awesome. Snowmobiling through a few feet of fresh powder in the mountains is the shiznit. Its the one week a year I actually enjoy winter.

I was going to ask you for a favor or to do a small job. I vaguely remember a picture of your shop and a big drum sander. I have a piece of walnut that was cut from my grandmother's farm in central Illinois back in the mid 60' and I want to make it into a picture frame for a panormamic picture of Punta Gorda back in the 1930's. I figured if I shipped it up to you then you could run it through your machine and drive it back down here. I save the cost of shipping. But since you aren't coming, can I send it to you?

How big of a piece? I don't know how old the pic you saw of my shop is, I've got a widebelt now. (better) I can fit a 36" wide material through that. You can send it, I can bring it to Tradewinds if you get it here quickly. Won't take long to sand, but I've got a million and one projects to get done before I go. I can wrap it in cardboard, shrinkwrap it, and bring it down that way.

ship it to
Sogn Cabinet Company, inc
12980 Dennison Blvd
Dennison, MN 55018

Its a commercial address so the shipping should be marginally less.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 04:02 PM

Oh David.... I do it just to jerk your chain, and you know it. laugh I might be able to make it, but like I said, I've spent waaaaaaayyyyy too much money lately.

Well, that's the better taste of my own medicine. Nicely played Mr. Brogger. You're stock is on the rise.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 04:14 PM

Thanks for your interest. Probably 24" wide. I won't be anywhere near the Tradewinds. Let's wait until next year
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 04:15 PM

When is this Charlotte Harbor Regatta you speak of? I've got most of Dec. off for vacation but still have to deal with the Wife and 4 kids, oh and the Wife's Birthday...Oh, and that Christmas thingy...

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 04:17 PM

Well, I can send it with Robbie and Jill too.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Timbo
When is this Charlotte Harbor Regatta you speak of? I've got most of Dec. off for vacation but still have to deal with the Wife and 4 kids, oh and the Wife's Birthday...Oh, and that Christmas thingy...

Feb 2-5, 2012

http://www.charlotteharborregatta.com/wordpress/

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 06:10 PM

Ahh, ok, Thanks Jack!

I'll try to bid it off. My son's Bday is Feb. 2, but he'll be 19, probably won't miss me if I'm not there, maybe I can send him to...Sydney or something.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 06:42 PM

Volunteer him to crew for you.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/06/11 07:46 PM

Yeah...anyone want to swap boats with me?

I'd need an Inter 20, not a Blade, for that, unless it's blowing 20.

He's 6'1 and 190.

OR...anyone looking for that size Crew?

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/07/11 10:02 PM

, I talked to my Stiletto skipper who is the race chairman for the Punta Gorda Sailing Club. Jack

Jack, does he know any stiletto drivers down in Naples/Marco/Ft. Myers? I'm trying to get in touch with one or two to get a ride. I see a few moored around here, but don't know who to hassle for a spin...
Posted By: Mlcreek

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/08/11 02:25 AM

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/08/11 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
, I talked to my Stiletto skipper who is the race chairman for the Punta Gorda Sailing Club. Jack

Jack, does he know any stiletto drivers down in Naples/Marco/Ft. Myers? I'm trying to get in touch with one or two to get a ride. I see a few moored around here, but don't know who to hassle for a spin...

I'll ask him when I see him.

You could check here, I don't know how up to date this list is.

http://stiletto.wildjibe.com/cgi-bin/viewowners.cgi

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/08/11 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb

Come on Stank, where's your 'creativity'?? All you need is a small kyak, or borrow a rowboat, and paddle on up to one of those moored Stilletto's on a Weds. afternoon, when nobody's around, and take it for a spin! Just be sure you tie it up right when you get back.

Re: Charlotte Harbor Regatta and F18's - 12/08/11 06:13 PM

believe me, I've got my eye on one. Now, where the heck does he keep the sails?
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums