Catsailor.com

T-winds crew available

Posted By: waterbug_wpb

T-winds crew available - 12/12/11 11:11 PM

6' 1" 180#. Experience on spin boats (20, 18, 16). Happy to drive or crew for anyone at this event. Can share some costs& lodging. Can't hold my liquor around Ding, and can perform intermediate level expoxy repairs if you drive like a PUNK. I can adapt quickly to various boat layouts, with the possible exception of Karl's folding spin pole arrangement.

Send PM for more details
Posted By: wildtsail

Re: T-winds crew available - 12/13/11 01:32 AM

Of course you can't hold your liquor around Ding, he goes to bed at 7PM these days, and I'm not making this up, he can back it up.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: T-winds crew available - 12/13/11 12:34 PM

What I want to know is; can you hold Ding's liquor?

Re: T-winds crew available - 12/13/11 06:07 PM

I make a habit of not holding anything of Ding's, other than perhaps his money.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: T-winds crew available - 12/13/11 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by wildtsail
Of course you can't hold your liquor around Ding, he goes to bed at 7PM these days, and I'm not making this up, he can back it up.

I make no apologies or excuses. I had a schedule, on the beach by 2, drunk by 3, dried out and fed by 6 and asleep by 7 and it was freaking awesome! I've done my share of day 2 Steeplechases feeling like crap, it's way more fun when you feel good.

Re: T-winds crew available - 12/13/11 07:19 PM

I admire a man who knows his limitations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

Re: T-winds crew available - 01/04/12 04:48 PM

Tim, you going to appear at T-wind this year?

Re: T-winds crew available - 01/05/12 04:28 PM

Wow. Weather extended forecast is looking ideal:

Temps in the low-mid 80's, partly cloudy, and some wind!

Friday NE to NNE 12-15
Saturday NNE 12-15 building to NW 15-18
Sunday NNW 18-23

Re: T-winds crew available - 01/05/12 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
Tim, you going to appear at T-wind this year?

Yep, already got the motel res. and Andi has already bought his airline tickets. We'll be rolling into the Key Lantern Inn about 9pm Tuesday night.

http://www.keylantern.com/rates.htm

We'll set up on Weds. and (for a change) "Practice" on Weds/Thursday. My guess is we will have broken the boat or ripped the 5 year old main, or both, before the start on Friday...then we'll have to sit on the beach and drink beer, watch you guys race all weekend. Matt, please bring spare...everything, including mains and jibs!

That's always my favorite excuse to -not- practice! See, like right now, I could be out there sailing...but I don't want to break anything.

If any of you guys from up Nawth are flying into FLL or MIA on Tuesday night and need a ride, I got room in the truck for 1-2 more. I'll be in that area about 7 pm.

There will be rum...and Oatmeal Stout. http://store.liquorama.net/Samuel-Smiths-Oatmeal-Stout-England-550ML.aspx
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums