Catsailor.com

Tradewinds Smack

Posted By: Jake

Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 03:13 PM

Yeah, I know, that last smack thread went so poorly that you guys probably aren't interested in trying again. But, I'm going to make an effort to improve my smack talk.

Ding, My spin halyard cleat is repaired and I'm coming after you for my 1m 15seconds you beat me by at Steeplechase. Game on!
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 03:19 PM

My spin pole is now bullet proof, mainsheet blocks are fixed, so I am good to go. Oh....Ricky tried hatin' on Beth's skills on the front of the boat, so she is uber motivated. Ricky's not only looking at an a$$ kicking from her on the water, but is likely to start the weekend off with a black eye! That should teach the little punk to open his mouth!
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 04:09 PM

You scrawney teams are in for a good beat-down. Current weather model puts wind at:

Friday pm 12-15 kts
Saturday (front moving in) 18-23 kts
Sunday 12-15 kts

I'm going to go have a double whopper just in case...
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
You scrawney teams are in for a good beat-down. Current weather model puts wind at:

Friday pm 12-15 kts
Sunday 12-15 kts

LIES, ALL LIES!!!!!

solid breeze 4 days out means... we be driftin.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
Yeah, I know, that last smack thread went so poorly that you guys probably aren't interested in trying again. But, I'm going to make an effort to improve my smack talk.

Ding, My spin halyard cleat is repaired and I'm coming after you for my 1m 15seconds you beat me by at Steeplechase. Game on!

That had to SUCK! You I both know 1m 15s means nothing, great race and we look forward to mixing it up with you this weekend. It's almost here, yahoo bitches!

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by ksurfer2
Oh....Ricky tried hatin' on Beth's skills on the front of the boat, so she is uber motivated. Ricky's not only looking at an a$$ kicking from her on the water, but is likely to start the weekend off with a black eye! That should teach the little punk to open his mouth!

Oh, Beth dishes her share of trash talk.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram

Friday pm 12-15 kts
Sunday 12-15 kts

LIES, ALL LIES!!!!!

Not quite. Ask those yutes driving south on Tuesday... they'll be dragging it down with them

And I am beginning to trust this forecast model since it was right on the numbers for both Macho and Hiram's.

So, far, its slowed the front down from Sunday night to Saturday, so if it slows down anymore, it will probably repeat the Friday honk, Sat-Sun delight

Maybe I'll pass on the cheese for my whopper just in case you're right about the drifter

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 07:12 PM

Friday pm 12-15 kts
Sunday 12-15 kts

LIES, ALL LIES!!!!!

Not quite. Ask those yutes driving south on Tuesday... they'll be dragging it down with them

And I am beginning to trust this forecast model since it was right on the numbers for both Macho and Hiram's.

So, far, its slowed the front down from Sunday night to Saturday, so if it slows down anymore, it will probably repeat the Friday honk, Sat-Sun delight

Maybe I'll pass on the cheese for my whopper just in case you're right about the drifter

If there's one thing you can count on for a forecast this far away - is that its accuracy is almost completely random. It's based on averages this time of year with a slight influence from the developing patterns. As the forecast gets closer, the amount the developing patterns affect the forecast increases. I don't even bother looking until about 5 days out (with regards to temperature and what to pack) and for wind, 2 to 3 days out to start shaping an idea.
Posted By: Beth

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 07:12 PM

Oh....Ricky tried hatin' on Beth's skills on the front of the boat, so she is uber motivated. Ricky's not only looking at an a$$ kicking from her on the water, but is likely to start the weekend off with a black eye! That should teach the little punk to open his mouth!

Yeah, but I don't start the trash talk....I just finish it and then back it up with results. It's on PUNK. Next time you want to dish my talents you better just say it out loud or make sure I can't over hear you. And maybe you should check the results from North Americans before saying that Karl can't beat you with me on the boat. The only time I saw you on the water all week was when I watched you finish while I was eating my sandwich.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Beth

Yeah, but I don't start the trash talk....I just finish it and then back it up with results. It's on PUNK. Next time you want to dish my talents you better just say it out loud or make sure I can't over hear you. And maybe you should check the results from North Americans before saying that Karl can't beat you with me on the boat. The only time I saw you on the water all week was when I watched you finish while I was eating my sandwich.

Oh, snap. Team Punk doesn't even need to chime into the smack talk thread to start getting a face full of it.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 07:26 PM

Yes, I believe the term" p'owned" applies, even though I'm way too old to know what that means

And as the rum will be at T-winds in its usual warehouse quantity, can someone get me a shirt that says" I feel a sin coming on..."
Posted By: mikekrantz

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 07:39 PM

You guys need to go easy on Jake. Not only is he not very well versed in smack talk, His regular crew, Ted, can't make it, and he's had to resort to sailing with some has-been old fart for crew...

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by mikekrantz
You guys need to go easy on Jake. Not only is he not very well versed in smack talk, His regular crew, Ted, can't make it, and he's had to resort to sailing with some has-been old fart for crew...

Oh, we're still getting my 1.25 minutes back!

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/09/12 09:40 PM

um-kay, here's what I (not a meterologist) am seeing on the forecast model.

There is a low moving eastward this week, pushing off the NC coast sometime wednesday, followed by a developing High following it from Dallas, TX moving NE from Tues- Sun.

Additionally, there is a low forming south of the High and working North and then east at the latter part of this week, which is probably why the model shows 15-18 kts for T-winds and the highest NE breeze on Sat night (18-23 kts).

So, best be watching the H over Texas for an indication of what kind of breeze we'll see this weekend. I like High pressures because it usually means somewhat steady strength/direction.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 02:29 PM

Here's what Weather Underground has to say about it...scroll down the page for more info:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=33037

I'm loading up this morning, picking up Andi at MIA about 8pm, be down there about 10pm...I hope.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 02:59 PM

model still showing pretty good conditions:

EST time (GMT-5)

Friday PM - NE 8-10 kts and fading
Saturday AM - NNE 18-22 kts dropping to NNE 15-18 kts PM
Sunday AM - hovering around NNE 18 kts

Direction doesn't sound like a seabreeze, so it must be tied to that Low over in Texas/Gulf Coast

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 03:03 PM

As I always tell Beth....It'll do what it'll do.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 03:03 PM

Oh, and I suggest we raid that pizza place on FRIDAY NIGHT since most people will be there by then. Don't go early and tip them off.... smile

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 03:04 PM

Man, you pretty much walked into that one...

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 03:07 PM

Is that what you tell her about your...pole...too?

;^0

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 04:20 PM

Cackalacky Gangstas

? confused

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 05:36 PM

As in - we're from South Cackalacky.

The boat had "The New England Gangsters" delicately spelled out with electrical tape when I bought it. We changed it on the fly at Spring Fever.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 05:54 PM

Ricky hasn't called Ding Granpa yet, Ding hasn't called Rickey any of his many names yet, Stank will only talk about the weather, Mike's calling himself names, and Jake is trying to explain where he lives. Today is truly a sad day.... trash talk now means trash talking others ability to trash talk. frown
Posted By: Team_Cat_Fever

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 06:32 PM

Ricky hasn't called Ding Granpa yet, Ding hasn't called Rickey any of his many names yet, Stank will only talk about the weather, Mike's calling himself names, and Jake is trying to explain where he lives. Today is truly a sad day.... trash talk now means trash talking others ability to trash talk. frown

So far Beth seems to be the only one that has shined in this thread.
Posted By: Capt_Cardiac

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 07:58 PM

alas, many of us feel the same way. but we don't say it in public dude. damn.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 08:46 PM

We're all saving the true trash talkin' for that pizza joint on Friday night.

You bit$hs better bring your spare liver
Posted By: PTP

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 08:51 PM

what if you are already on your spare liver? can I borrow someone elses?

alas, as one of only 2 N20s registered, not a lot of room for trash talking from me. Not even sure who we will be starting with.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by PTP
what if you are already on your spare liver? can I borrow someone elses?

alas, as one of only 2 N20s registered, not a lot of room for trash talking from me. Not even sure who we will be starting with.

Believe me, I was trying to get the 20 fleet to show. There's lots of boats right here in FL, but no one had the time to do this regatta. True shame

You might have a few on-site entrants...

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by PTP
Not even sure who we will be starting with.

Waves grin

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 09:25 PM

Since I've been pouring over the forecast model all day, let's see what the forecast is for Pizza Friday:

- Ding and Todd are going to scrap it out with Sweetness reminding him he's got to be in bed by 20:00 hours or he just "won't be himself" Saturday

- Brendan, Matt "Falcon Boy" and Karl Squidpig will go head-to-head shots (that will make Vladimir Putin puke) and flashing gang signs to passing motorists

- Jake will be trying to reinforce the drinking table with his new vacuum infusion kit he got for Christmas after he finishes the boat decal wrap he's got

- Timbo and I will lament about our lack of sailing lives and how to make Horsemeat taste good on BBQ

- Seth will probably have broken something on his boat, so he'll be looking for spare parts

- Mr. Bonifait won't realize we're even there amidst his makeout session (the likes of which might even make the Herenden's blush)

- Trey, Patrick, JC, Alex, Bo, Brent, all the other Petes, Mikes, and the rest of them will realize why they don't visit the Pizza Store on Fridays at Tradewinds. And I'll get scratched off their "potential crew" list for at least a year...

- PTP's gonna get stuck with the bill...again

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 09:46 PM

nice work

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/10/12 10:59 PM

Since I've been pouring over the forecast model all day, let's see what the forecast is for Pizza Friday:

- Ding and Todd are going to scrap it out with Sweetness reminding him he's got to be in bed by 20:00 hours or he just "won't be himself" Saturday

- Brendan, Matt "Falcon Boy" and Karl Squidpig will go head-to-head shots (that will make Vladimir Putin puke) and flashing gang signs to passing motorists

- Jake will be trying to reinforce the drinking table with his new vacuum infusion kit he got for Christmas after he finishes the boat decal wrap he's got

- Timbo and I will lament about our lack of sailing lives and how to make Horsemeat taste good on BBQ

- Seth will probably have broken something on his boat, so he'll be looking for spare parts

- Mr. Bonifait won't realize we're even there amidst his makeout session (the likes of which might even make the Herenden's blush)

- Trey, Patrick, JC, Alex, Bo, Brent, all the other Petes, Mikes, and the rest of them will realize why they don't visit the Pizza Store on Fridays at Tradewinds. And I'll get scratched off their "potential crew" list for at least a year...

- PTP's gonna get stuck with the bill...again

I'm not driving all the way to the Florida Keys to eat Pizza.
Posted By: tback

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/11/12 12:01 AM

Let's see:

We ate 4.5 lbs of Grouper on Sunday ... 4.25 lbs of Mahi Mahi on Monday ... tonight is 3 lbs of Fire Shrimp and Cheddar Grits.

Pizza? We don't eat NO pizza.

Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/11/12 12:04 AM

Keep my alcoholism out of this. There's just some lines you don't cross.
Damn, just got back from the liquor box, should've picked up some Jagger.
Posted By: PTP

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/11/12 02:26 AM

I want in on that action! Timbo and I need to form a support group regarding horses. Ever had your horse colic and actually decide to truck them 2hrs away for surgery???
Sorry, guess that's for the support group....

Looks windy, maybe our horse can crew.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/11/12 05:25 PM

You can get lobster on your pizza. You bringing Peaches with you? (the fruit...uh, the Plant-type fruit, we got enough of other "fruits" here already, and flakes, and nuts - a veritable granola bar here)

And the best New York pizza I've had was in Germany, so go figure

And unless you watch them filet the fish in front of you, don't bet that your grouper is local (or even grouper for that matter - read that Consumer Report on the FDA -DNA test on fish)
Posted By: pgp

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/11/12 05:58 PM

If anyone sees Tback ask him to call me please. I finally turned on my phone for the first time in over a month.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/11/12 06:13 PM

Wind model update:

Friday PM N 12-15kts

Sat AM NNE 15-18kts
Sat PM NNE 12-15kts

Sun AM NNE 15-18kts
Sun PM NNE 12-15kts

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/11/12 07:52 PM

Wind model update:

Friday PM N 12-15kts

Sat AM NNE 15-18kts
Sat PM NNE 12-15kts

Sun AM NNE 15-18kts
Sun PM NNE 12-15kts

LIES!

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/13/12 02:43 AM

Almost 0 today Waterbug and I hold you personally responsible. You have some splanin to do my friend.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/13/12 03:21 AM

Where is he?

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/13/12 08:03 AM

Where is he indeed?

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/13/12 12:51 PM

Wind model update:

Friday PM N 12-15kts

Sat AM NNE 15-18kts
Sat PM NNE 12-15kts

Sun AM NNE 15-18kts
Sun PM NNE 12-15kts

How you like me now? 0-5 today!
Posted By: hobiephil

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/13/12 04:40 PM

Current wind speed is ZERO.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/13/12 05:00 PM

That fraking sucks.

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/13/12 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by xanderwess
That fraking sucks.

Yes Starbuck it does.
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/14/12 05:41 AM

Oh my....
Posted By: arbo06

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/14/12 05:46 AM

Mr. Bonifait won't realize we're even there amidst his makeout session (the likes of which might even make the Herenden's blush)

you don't even know..........

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/14/12 04:16 PM

Nice to see I am not the only nerd out here.......I am more of a Col. Tigh than a Starbuck.
Posted By: Miracle804

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/15/12 01:50 AM

"I am more of a Col. Tigh than a Starbuck."

Agh, just a minute here.... more of a grumpy old guy than young womanizer? Not the Chris I remember .....

Wally

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/15/12 04:08 AM

Yea, I have been married a really long time. Grumpy is all I got anymore.....

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/16/12 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Miracle804
"I am more of a Col. Tigh than a Starbuck."

Agh, just a minute here.... more of a grumpy old guy than young womanizer? Not the Chris I remember .....

Wally

Depends on if you are talking about the original or the recent sci-fi channel remake (which was awsome and where "frack" was coined (outside of the oil and gas industry)). Starbuck was a female in that remake....

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/18/12 04:50 PM

Where is he indeed?

That was me floating out in the water (sans boat) taking a nap behind the RC boat.

And at least I went into the water ON PURPOSE, unlike some people I know who seem to have a special affinity for hanging around C gate...

Little did I know I'd be needing that rest for the remaining two days.

Posted By: pgp

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/19/12 01:39 PM

Does anyone have any photos more suitable to SA than CS?

Re: Tradewinds Smack - 01/19/12 04:25 PM

Fortunately, cameras were banned @ woodys, so I suspect SA worthy pictures are lacking
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums