Catsailor.com

Hyrdofoil "Osprey"

Posted By: BrianK

Hyrdofoil "Osprey" - 01/20/12 06:30 PM

New hydrofoil from Sam, Tom, and Mike at Hydrosail called the "Osprey". Hulls I believe were built by Matt.

www.Vimeo.com/AdventureOnlineTV/Osprey
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hyrdofoil "Osprey" - 01/23/12 03:03 PM

talk about "flyin a hull"~
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Hyrdofoil "Osprey" - 01/23/12 03:11 PM

Nice. How's it do in a breeze?
Posted By: jkkartz1

Re: Hyrdofoil "Osprey" - 01/23/12 03:23 PM

There was an "Osprey" thread on SA. I asked if they would enter the KPOR. I got a definate maybe as a response.It would be interesting to see how it goes up and down a race course.
Posted By: Timbo

Re: Hyrdofoil "Osprey" - 01/23/12 03:31 PM

Nice! I see they have that little rod system like a Moth, I'm guessing that's what controls the up-down trim of the elevator foil.

And that netting type tramp they have is what I was thinking of doing for my old Prindle. I wonder who made it for them and if it would be any cheaper than a 'standard' Prindle tramp, about $380.
Posted By: pgp

Re: Hyrdofoil "Osprey" - 01/23/12 03:58 PM

I had my Blade's tramp re-done at Sunrise Yacht Products, St. Pete. They are the original suppliers. Good work, reasonably priced.

http://www.multihullnets.com/

Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Hyrdofoil "Osprey" - 01/23/12 09:37 PM

wait for it.....

waaaaaaiiiittttt......

What's it rate?

smile
Posted By: BrianK

Re: Hyrdofoil "Osprey" - 01/24/12 01:25 AM

Tom said they had not taken it out in too much breeze yet, still feeling it out.

Yes the rods help to control the trim, along with a bungee that tensions it. Looking pretty similar to what was on the Rave's.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Hyrdofoil "Osprey" - 01/24/12 03:35 PM

I would be interested to see it powered up, as in "what happens when you've got too much sail up?" kind of thing...
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums