Catsailor.com

Seawind 24 Information

Posted By: ferminj

Seawind 24 Information - 03/13/12 08:33 PM

I am looking into purchasing a SW24 that has been abandonned for a while. The boat does not have either rudders or daggerboards and looking for hints as to where I could find information on these parts. A request has been made to the Seawind factory. Apparently there used to be a website www.themultihulls.com that had a lot of information of this model, however, this site is gone. Any help would be really appreciated. Right now my strategy is to get the price down to nothing due to the trouble / expense of finding the 'missing parts'

Regards
Posted By: ACE11

Re: Seawind 24 Information - 03/13/12 11:10 PM

Hi,

I have a Seawind 24 Mk 1 and have 3 mates with similar. We always struggle to get parts as the factory has long since stopped making or stocking any. We are based in Southeast Queensland. The Nacra Australia factory has made molds for the rudders and centreboards. They have made me rudders about 3 years ago - AUS$1200 a pair I think. The centreboards would probably be a bit more. Shipping to us could be expensive as they are heavy. The site you mentioned was great but it seems to have died. It was based in UK. Ther were plenty of 24's built in the US so maybe some locals will see this and respond. They are great boats and we have upgraded our rigs with big head laminate sails and assymetric kites for distance racing. We have a lot of fun in them.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Seawind 24 Information - 03/14/12 12:56 AM

Not much point chasing seawind, those moulds where cut up years ago. Try Phils foils for replacements.

Re: Seawind 24 Information - 03/14/12 01:28 AM

Thanks mates, Phils could be an option nut likely pricey. Some of these SW24's were made here in Florida, I will try to find where and follow that lead.

Re: Seawind 24 Information - 03/14/12 03:57 AM

Alternately you could always build them yourself. All you need is some nice straight cedar and depending on your skill set a router or plane.

Re: Seawind 24 Information - 03/14/12 02:55 PM

Thanks Scarecrow, I have access to a wood shop and cedar but I would need some dimensions.....
Posted By: jkkartz1

Re: Seawind 24 Information - 03/14/12 03:10 PM

Maybe those from a Stiletto 23 will work. They are based over here in Nokomis. Get in touch with Ron Nicol.

http://www.stilettocatamarans.com/

Re: Seawind 24 Information - 03/14/12 09:20 PM

I can help with dimensions and profile if you can give me dimensions for the centre case. Does the boat have rudder stocks or do you need to make them too?

Re: Seawind 24 Information - 03/15/12 04:10 PM

That would be great. The boat has the stocks and tiller arms in place. I am still waiting for the owner to set a price. Will contact you if we reach an agreement,
Regards
Posted By: Tornado_ALIVE

Re: Seawind 24 Information - 03/16/12 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ferminj
I am looking into purchasing a SW24 that has been abandonned for a while. The boat does not have either rudders or daggerboards and looking for hints as to where I could find information on these parts. A request has been made to the Seawind factory. Apparently there used to be a website www.themultihulls.com that had a lot of information of this model, however, this site is gone. Any help would be really appreciated. Right now my strategy is to get the price down to nothing due to the trouble / expense of finding the 'missing parts'

Regards

Give Brent (Marketing Manager and my old crew - Tornado and F18s) from Seawind a call, should be able to give you some info.

http://www.seawindcats.com/index.pl?page=8
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums