Catsailor.com

Sarasota Bay Cup

Posted By: pgp

Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/27/12 05:04 PM

May 11-12. Anyone going? Email said all multihulls.

http://www.birdkeyyc.com/files/4613/3264/4126/NOR.pdf
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/27/12 06:35 PM

If anyone needs crew I'll be there with 2 weeks heads up.

-Sam
Posted By: jkkartz1

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/27/12 06:42 PM

Do you have a West Florida PHRF certificate?

Maybe (and that's a very big word) if you can get a fleet of beach cats, you might be allowed an entry. I doubt if there are many cat sailors on Bird Key.

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/27/12 06:48 PM

I don't know why I got the email. Maybe they're trying to expand?

Anyone know for sure?
Posted By: jkkartz1

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/27/12 06:54 PM

USSailing list?
Posted By: joeyg

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/28/12 05:56 PM

sounds like a fun event. Little to far to travel with a boat for a 1 day event for me.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/29/12 01:54 PM

I just got off the phone with Bill Jacobs and we are very much welcome to attend this regatta. As the NOR says five or more make a class and if there isn't 5 or more they will figure something out. They have the same person that scores the Buzzelli working with them so they have someone familiar with DPN and beachcats. I plan to set up at the park adjacent to the Sarasota Sailing Center. I suspect BKYC is ramp launching and space poor. For those not familiar with where BKYC is it is on your left as you go across on the Sarasota Bay Bridge.

As for activities on Sunday, I'd be up for a training session. We really enjoyed the one JC put together the day after the SC 45. I'm pretty sure the kids at SSS would be up for it.

pssst hey buddy... two parties and one day of racing for 30 bucks. Hell at that rate it's more expensive to stay home.

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/29/12 02:04 PM

My calendar is open. Anyone have conflicts? I'd be willing to do an F18/F16 combine, just race even up.

Did anyone check with Davis Island about their Tampa/Ft.Myers race? 100 miles in the gulf. I'd received the same sort of contact... It is May 2 iirc.
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/29/12 02:33 PM

Message from Bill Jacobs

Just to confirm our telephone conversation and receipt of your email. In the next 10 days or so, we will have an option for on-line registration.

Bill Jacobs
Race Chairman BKYC
Posted By: ksurfer2

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/29/12 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by David Ingram
I just got off the phone with Bill Jacobs and we are very much welcome to attend this regatta. As the NOR says five or more make a class and if there isn't 5 or more they will figure something out. They have the same person that scores the Buzzelli working with them so they have someone familiar with DPN and beachcats. I plan to set up at the park adjacent to the Sarasota Sailing Center. I suspect BKYC is ramp launching and space poor. For those not familiar with where BKYC is it is on your left as you go across on the Sarasota Bay Bridge.

As for activities on Sunday, I'd be up for a training session. We really enjoyed the one JC put together the day after the SC 45. I'm pretty sure the kids at SSS would be up for it.

pssst hey buddy... two parties and one day of racing for 30 bucks. Hell at that rate it's more expensive to stay home.

We're in. Training Sunday sounds like a great plan!
Posted By: Jake

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/29/12 03:06 PM

you guys don't need to train anymore. You're awesome!

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/29/12 03:29 PM

Kissing up to Beth won't keep her from kicking your a$$!!!! See you at Spring Fever! grin
Posted By: Jake

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/29/12 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by ksurfer2
Kissing up to Beth won't keep her from kicking your a$$!!!! See you at Spring Fever! grin

You just make sure your spin pole stays together. grin

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/29/12 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jake
Originally Posted by ksurfer2

You just make sure your spin pole stays together. grin

Dude...that's hitting below the belt!
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/30/12 03:41 PM

dang, there goes that soda out my nose again.... I'm going to have to switch to that vitamin water over there in the Test thread....
Posted By: jody

Re: Sarasota Bay Cup - 03/31/12 11:15 PM

Alex and I will bring the blade and play. The challenge is thrown Lynch boys.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums