Catsailor.com

Hobie tiger - Small sails

Posted By: TylerH

Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 03:46 AM

Does anybody have a set of small hobie tiger sails (Jib/spin)??

I am doing f18 worlds with Joseph bello and we only weigh in at 275 lbs, we are a youth team and really need the help!

Thanks.
Posted By: bacho

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 12:37 PM

Just bring some scissors and cut 6" off the leech of your rental. That should do it.
Posted By: US5352

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 02:18 PM

I have a set of small Infusion sails, in excellent condition, that I would let you use for free. (Glad to help out a youth team). They could go out/back with the sailors from Wisconsin, or you could return them to me at the F16 NAs in November.
Posted By: Mike Hill

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 03:16 PM

Remember that a tiger has a completely different way to hook the mast at the top. Not sure about other complications of using Infusion sails. Just want you to be aware they won't just run up and work.
Posted By: Gilo

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 03:59 PM

Quite a stiffer mast of the Tiger compared to the Infusion. Cut of the sail will be definately different.

Gill
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 04:06 PM

The small sail plan is a smaller jib and spin the main is the same.
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 04:44 PM

All he needs is the 3.45m jib and 19m spin. The boat he is chartering has a nice main on it.

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by US5352
I have a set of small Infusion sails, in excellent condition, that I would let you use for free. (Glad to help out a youth team). They could go out/back with the sailors from Wisconsin, or you could return them to me at the F16 NAs in November.
That would be great, All we need is the Jib and Spin..I sent you a message, Thanks!
Posted By: Mike Hill

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 08:38 PM

Doh, I knew that.
Posted By: John Williams

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 09:47 PM

Tyler - got your text. I think you'll be able to work with the Nacra sails. My advice is to take advantage of this incredibly generous offer, and we'll see you in a couple of weeks. :-)

Re: Hobie tiger - Small sails - 08/22/12 09:52 PM

That's probably the smartest thing to do.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums