Catsailor.com

Reynolds21

Posted By: soulsailor

Reynolds21 - 09/09/12 10:24 AM

I am looking for Owners of my boat, they only made 50 of them! But i got a little plug by someone the Mr. Reynolds is making this boat again! SOON, there is such a demand for this size of boat that people don't really realize it yet!
Posted By: Jake

Re: Reynolds21 - 09/10/12 01:04 PM

huh?
Posted By: Clayton

Re: Reynolds21 - 09/10/12 01:38 PM

Ok, let me take at stab at this... YOU are the owner of your boat. The rest, I'm confused too!
Posted By: carlbohannon

Re: Reynolds21 - 09/10/12 01:53 PM

WingZ owns the molds for the Reynolds 21. They were attempting to sell a version called the Z21. I know a couple of people who unsuccessfully tried to buy a Z21 I am not sure of the status of WingZ but their website Domain is for sale. I don't know what is going on. I hope that they make it, and sell hundreds of Z21's and Z33's.

WingZ was promising the Z21 with sails for less than $20,000. They were able to sell for this price because they purchased old molds and just built the boat. However, in the real world it is never this simple. I wish I knew how to make a company like this work, because I would like to do it.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Reynolds21 - 09/10/12 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by carlbohannon
I wish I knew how to make a company like this work, because I would like to do it.

Inexpensive raw materials
Inexpensive and experienced labor
kick-a$$ marketing
low logistics (delivery of materials & finished product) cost
a rabid, devoted, and affluent demographic

It would be a labor of love for you the business owner, as I understand the margins on beachcats and parts is almost non-existent.

Re: Reynolds21 - 09/10/12 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by carlbohannon
WingZ owns the molds for the Reynolds 21. They were attempting to sell a version called the Z21. I know a couple of people who unsuccessfully tried to buy a Z21 I am not sure of the status of WingZ but their website Domain is for sale. I don't know what is going on. I hope that they make it, and sell hundreds of Z21's and Z33's.

WingZ was promising the Z21 with sails for less than $20,000. They were able to sell for this price because they purchased old molds and just built the boat. However, in the real world it is never this simple. I wish I knew how to make a company like this work, because I would like to do it.

Cheaper than an F18? No friggin' way.
Posted By: bacho

Re: Reynolds21 - 09/10/12 06:03 PM

I would think that if it was to be still made in the old-school specs, it wouldn't be hard to build cheaper than a new f18. I do t know about the costs of the hulls themselves but it seem almost every component from the sails to the main sheet doesn't need to be all that high tech.

Re: Reynolds21 - 10/05/12 04:10 PM

I didn't understand that some of you didn't understand what i was saying?

Re: Reynolds21 - 10/05/12 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by soulsailor

I thought you knew that I was thinking what you were thinking?
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Reynolds21 - 10/05/12 09:02 PM

roger, Roger
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Reynolds21 - 10/08/12 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jake

I thought you knew that I was thinking what you were thinking?

I know you know but who knows what we know?
Posted By: DennisMe

Re: Reynolds21 - 10/08/12 02:35 PM

Its not that I don't know what I don't know but what really gets me is that I don't know what I don't know I don't know and may never know.

Re: Reynolds21 - 10/09/12 06:22 PM

you have to be able to read my mind and others! I can read your mind, you are saying i want to go sailing i wish i could get out of here and go to the lake!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Reynolds21 - 10/09/12 06:47 PM

Close but not exactly:
"I wish there was more than 4 knots right now or i would go drive to the beach and put my sails up"
you have to be able to read my mind and others! I can read your mind, you are saying i want to go sailing i wish i could get out of here and go to the lake!
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums