Catsailor.com

Trans-Monroe Regatta

Posted By: Mlcreek

Trans-Monroe Regatta - 02/21/13 06:05 PM

DUH,
What's the update on the race and who's coming?

Forrest
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/21/13 06:23 PM

Don't think I can get the mainsail fixed by then damnit frown
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/21/13 07:29 PM

duct tape, baby
Posted By: David Ingram

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/21/13 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
duct tape, baby

Dacron sail tape will do the trick. I fell through my main during the practice day at Tradewinds and Shafer told me to tape up using sail tape and worked like a charm and it blew pretty hard that weekend.
Posted By: Jake

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/21/13 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Undecided
Don't think I can get the mainsail fixed by then damnit frown

Sounds like an excuse...I bet we can find an I20 sail somewhere nearby.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/22/13 04:44 PM

It's a go! There is space on the beach for cats and the lake depth is adequate for us to race!

I have a trophy from the Red Lobster Cup there from 1988! Wow, 25 years ago.

Anyway, they are ready for cats and I'll give an update very soon regarding where we can put in, registration and everything. I'll be giving an Olympic update there too, and the cat course will be 24 mile course on the lake. Good times in Central Florida!

If you need a place to crash just let me know.

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/22/13 04:57 PM

JC...
How late is the club open to drop boats off? Coming in Friday night and want to loose it there.

thanks
Posted By: orphan

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/22/13 06:13 PM

Missed the first post. Can you repost the NOR?

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/22/13 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by orphan
Missed the first post. Can you repost the NOR?

NOR
Posted By: tback

Re: Trans-Monroe Regatta - 02/22/13 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mlcreek
JC...
How late is the club open to drop boats off? Coming in Friday night and want to loose it there.

thanks

I went and inspected the launch site yesterday. Observations:

* The launch zone is out on a small island. There is a concrete ramp to the east side with an adequate parking lot.

* There's no gate or fence so you can arrive at anytime.

* On either side of the ramp, is a grassy area (although you'll need to push your boat over a curb). You can't get to this area from the water without going up the ramp as there is a 3' seawall circumnavigating the island.

* There is a shallow area on either side of the ramp (up near the sea wall) so there shouldn't be any problems rounding up and hopping off while you retrieve your cattrax.

Upon inspection, I'll probably wheel my boat up onto a trailer in the parking lot (it seemed like alot of birds liked to "loiter" near the grassy areas -- not sure if people come over and feed them ??)

I'll probably set my boat up there mid-week and sail in the late afternoon.

Re: Trans-Monroe Regatta - 02/22/13 06:35 PM

Don't know if this matters ... but could someone change the Subject title to read:

Trans-Monroe Regatta

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/22/13 06:41 PM

Thanks T-back

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/22/13 07:44 PM

Considering the area I do not think I would leave my boat in the launch area unattended overnight. Best bet would be to put it on the trailer and move over close to the hotel. I don't think there are any overhead power lines. The lake is a great place to sail. But be warned any capsize will be noted by a large dark area at the top of your sail(Average lake depth is about 10 ft.) The large(as in very large) long objects in the water are not logs.

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/22/13 10:21 PM

It's only a one day event so if you don't want to leave your boat you don't have to.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/26/13 04:49 PM

The large(as in very large) long objects in the water are not logs.

Not sure that's different than any other freshwater body in FL. Heck, we've even got Crock-o-diles in the salt water down here...

They don't usually mess with you unless you're a drunk redneck teenager swimming at dusk in some fetid canal

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/26/13 06:43 PM

I have always wondered if an alligator basking on the surface would be able to submerge in time to escape the daggerboards of a fast moving cat?

Cat > Gator

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/26/13 07:20 PM

I have had a rudder kick(hard) in the middle of the lake. The best was the gar(about 3 ft) jumped and hit the front cross bar. I thought the crew(she was sitting on the tramp) was going to lose it.

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 02/27/13 03:01 PM

JC...

It's Wednesday and what is the update for your race? Who's coming, launching situation and all the rest.

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 03/04/13 01:31 PM

Did you sail? Weather was a little sporty.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 03/04/13 06:55 PM

Did you sail? Weather was a little sporty.

Sporty and freezing.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Trans-Moore regatta - 03/06/13 04:16 AM

Yep, up to 30 kts. After sailing 3/4 of the multihull course we decided to head to the beach. We didn't have any friends to race against so what was the point of breaking anything.
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums