Catsailor.com

Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU

Posted By: Nacrakenny

Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/08/13 10:07 AM

Hey guys, new to the forum, first post and looking for some help.

I just bought a 1998 Nacra 20, love the boat. The boat came with a spinnaker pole/spinnaker and I believe it was bag launched by one of the previous owners but not the guy I bought it from. The guy I bought it. From said he never took it out of the bag and didn't know anything regarding the rigging. It did come with some extra blocks but I need advice on rigging. Oh and I'm gonna be using a SNU. Any advice, pictures or diagrams would help a lot!!!

On another note I could also use some help with the mast rotation and how that's rigged as well.
Thanks in advance!!!
Posted By: Ventucky Red

Re: Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/08/13 01:39 PM

Where are you located?

There may be someone here close but that could come help you out..

I believe I have the Inter 20 manual as a PDF and will try to find it later today to send to you..
Posted By: F-18 5150

Re: Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/08/13 04:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqhOb1cA-z8
SNU is the way to go.
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/09/13 12:06 PM

How many snuffer patches are on the spinnaker?

If there are only two, then you need to get a third added since two-patch sails were for end-pole snuffer setups.
Posted By: John Williams

Re: Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/09/13 07:49 PM

You may still be able to go two-patch with a longer bag that extends aft of the front beam.
Posted By: Nacrakenny

Re: Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/10/13 04:34 AM

I'm out of Tampa fl and I agree from what I've read snu was the only way to go. Still waiting on it to get here tho.

The bag is 100 inches and I do believe it goes past the front beam. Idk how many patches it currently has.
Posted By: TEAMVMG

Re: Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/10/13 09:20 AM

If it was a bag launched spinny, you will need to get patches added to use it with a snuffer
Posted By: Jake

Re: Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/10/13 10:45 AM

And, by the way, when they talk about "patches", they're talking bought the points through which the snuffer line goes through the spinnaker. Sometimes these are grommets, others they are brass rings that are sewn to the spinnaker. Two patches means the kite is gathered up in a longer length. Three patches divides the kite into four pieces so it fits a smaller sock.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/10/13 01:24 PM

come on over to the dunedin causeway and walk up to any of us on the beach with a spin on our cat. we are usually glad to help
Originally Posted by Nacrakenny
I'm out of Tampa fl and I agree from what I've read snu was the only way to go. Still waiting on it to get here tho.

The bag is 100 inches and I do believe it goes past the front beam. Idk how many patches it currently has.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Nacra 20 spinnaker rigging w/ SNU - 06/10/13 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Nacrakenny

Get in touch with anyone at Gulfport Yacht Club (GYC), as well as MICREEK on here (he's got an N20 rigged the same way you want) who's just up the road from you.

I think there is another N20 perhaps at Clearwater Sail Center (Fondrick)? And one at Sarasota Sail Center (Fleshrocket), so you might actually have a "fleet" within one hour's drive of your location...
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums