Catsailor.com

I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor

Posted By: Stuff4Toys

I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/16/13 10:18 PM

I know this is CatSailor but I see a forum for F-Boats, is it legal to mention Trimaran on this forum anywhere?

JOhn ><>
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: I know this is CatSailor - 09/16/13 10:43 PM

Nobody is going to arrest you for mentioning trimarans - thats for sure.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/16/13 10:48 PM

I still need training wheels
Posted By: P.M.

Re: I know this is CatSailor - 09/16/13 11:51 PM

If it were a snake it would have bit you.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/16/13 11:58 PM

Did I not say "I see a forum for F-Boats", I was wondering about discussing non Farrier Trimarans. We are building a new tri and plan on taking it to production. Looking for suggestions, pros & cons. But I didn't want to start a flame war for mentioning mutated multi-hulls on a catamaran website.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 12:00 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jake

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Stuff4Toys

Did I not say "I see a forum for F-Boats", I was wondering about discussing non Farrier Trimarans. We are building a new tri and plan on taking it to production. Looking for suggestions, pros & cons. But I didn't want to start a flame war for mentioning mutated multi-hulls on a catamaran website.

Nobody here is going to give a wooo-hoo. Post it. Post it in the open forum...I rarely venture outside of here and I'm sure others are similar.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 01:00 AM

just visited that farrier forum...I should get out more. Phil has some cool stuff happening over there.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 01:02 AM

If this was SA and posted in the wrong group, you'd get crapped on from every angle. Thanks Guys.
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 01:04 AM

If this was SA and posted in the wrong group, you'd get crapped on from every angle. Thanks Guys.

Go kiss yourself. grin

Looking for suggestions, pros & cons.

I'd start selling bodily fluids for a $40k, ~25' tri that could fly the center hull.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 02:11 PM

Ah and here comes the crap. Oh well...
Posted By: ThunderMuffin

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 02:13 PM

Karl is just giving you the SA greeting. Several of us are on both forums. Don't worry - its a lot more ... tame around here. Except Karl. He's going through some hormone changes that make him moody :P

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 02:15 PM

sick
Posted By: pgp

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 02:24 PM

http://www.summersetregatta.com/

I've been trying to get these folks to make a spot for beach cats for years. In fact just responded to their invitation this morning. Ping them, see if they'll make a spot for you.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by pgp
http://www.summersetregatta.com/

I've been trying to get these folks to make a spot for beach cats for years. In fact just responded to their invitation this morning. Ping them, see if they'll make a spot for you.

Love to and I'll let them know, I work Saturdays, YUCK.
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 07:38 PM

We are building a new tri and plan on taking it to production. Looking for suggestions, pros & cons.

A design brief would help (purpose, target market, etc).

Racing or cruising? If you make it too powerful, it may scare multihull converts and/or cruisers. If it's too slow, you defeat the purpose of being multihull.

Is it trailerable? how do you assemble/disassemble?

What price range?

Will this be OD, box rule, formula?

Is it available for homebuilders? Partially assembled?

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/17/13 08:18 PM

Just had an interview with Small Trimarans Magazine http://smalltrimarans.com/blog/?p=10308

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/18/13 02:36 PM

how do you keep the shrouds taught when you slide the amas in and out?

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/18/13 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
That is either an issue or a feature. Unfortunately you will need to lower the mast before you slide the AMA's in. Same, Same on Weta, Windrider. The larger boats with Folding AKA's seem to have found a way around that.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/18/13 02:53 PM

A design brief would help (purpose, target market, etc).

Racing or cruising? If you make it too powerful, it may scare multihull converts and/or cruisers. If it's too slow, you defeat the purpose of being multihull.

Is it trailerable? how do you assemble/disassemble?

What price range?

Will this be OD, box rule, formula?

Is it available for homebuilders? Partially assembled?

Thanks waterbug_wpb

Take a look at the boat on www.3Hulls.com will be built in two versions. X19s - "Sport" will be the standard model and X19sr - "Super Race" will be an all carbon "whoop dedo" racer.

Very trailerable with sliding AKA's and the Sport Model at $14,995 for the kickstart will be an unbeatable price.

X19 Class Trimaran will have it's own One Design Rules.

Strictly Retail Purchase, you can still get the plans for the old, old, old 90's version from Kurt Hughes.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/18/13 07:55 PM

That is either an issue or a feature. Unfortunately you will need to lower the mast before you slide the AMA's in. Same, Same on Weta, Windrider. The larger boats with Folding AKA's seem to have found a way around that.

Their stays simply attach to the center hull. You could put baby stays on this one that attach to the existing stays and keep the mast supported to the center hull.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/18/13 08:21 PM

don't fall for it ... you will be drawn and quartered at some point on this forum

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/18/13 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jake

Their stays simply attach to the center hull. You could put baby stays on this one that attach to the existing stays and keep the mast supported to the center hull.
I'll have to do the goemetry and see if we can fit them in there and leave clearance for the screecher.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/18/13 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by MN3
don't fall for it ... you will be drawn and quartered at some point on this forum

I was raised middle of 4 brothers, I can sling it with the best of them.
Posted By: brucat

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/18/13 09:59 PM

That's because this is NOT SA (and lots of us like it that way). The SA attitude does bleed over here at times, much to our chagrin.

This place is almost always nice to newbies. I do recall that you stepped in that Hobie-only beehive a while back. We do tend to have our hot buttons.

Mike

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/18/13 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by brucat
That's because this is NOT SA (and lots of us like it that way). The SA attitude does bleed over here at times, much to our chagrin.

This place is almost always nice to newbies. I do recall that you stepped in that Hobie-only beehive a while back. We do tend to have our hot buttons.

Mike
I didn't mention the H word. lol wink
Posted By: Karl_Brogger

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/19/13 12:10 AM

SA isn't even SA anymore. That place has gone extremely soft. Even the retards bashing away in PA have become a bag of puss pops compared to five years ago.
Posted By: brucat

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/19/13 12:42 AM

...and we've found the one guy here who's upset by this...

Mike

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/20/13 01:14 AM

I've been trying to get cats interested in Hospice regattas for awhile. Maybe the Wetas want to take the lead in forming a pursuit fleet?

I've exchanged emails with the lady who runs the thing and I'm sure she would be amicable.

They all ready have a big mulultihull fleet. http://www.hospiceregattas.org/wordpress/?cat=121

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/20/13 10:07 PM

i think the big thing is the entry fee(s)

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/21/13 12:11 AM

i think the big thing is the entry fee(s)

I've sailed a couple of Hospice regattas. Will probably do the next one on Hartwell. They aren't cheap but it's a good cause. Hospice is one of those organizations that touches most of us at some point or another.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/21/13 01:58 PM

Here it's the Leukemia Cup Regatta, pricey but great cause.

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/21/13 03:48 PM

Absent travel expense and lodging I wouldn't think it too expensive .

Re: I know this is CatSailor not TriSailor - 09/23/13 01:35 PM

I'm fine with dropping coin for a good cause, but with people whining about a $45 entry fee for a 3-day event I suspect even fewer people would spend $150 or more on a charity event run/organized by monohull sailors (with their particular "idioms" - like triangle courses, etc.)
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums