Catsailor.com

Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank...

Posted By: Todd_Sails

Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 11/07/13 06:04 PM

This is my 125g Mixed Reef Tank, in my family room. No TV in that room, and I'm currently sitting in my reclining Love Seat, with my laptop while I view it.

http://s658.photobucket.com/user/Te...mp;_suid=1383847163170019623442903749205

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/02/14 03:24 PM

Recent 'Full Tank Shot'
Of my 125g Reef

[Linked Image]
Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/02/14 03:36 PM

you totally need to put a miniature daggarboard in there stuck between those coral heads.
Posted By: mbounds

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/04/14 02:01 AM

I used to keep a reef tank (100 gal). It's kind of the inverse of a boat - where a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into.

The tank's been gone for over 20 years now. The only thing left is the light fixture (which is now used to illuminate part of my workbench) and miscellaneous bits of piping, tubing and empty test strip bottles (they make great storage containers).

It was really cool when it was doing well - it sucked when the back glass separated from the tank - for the second time. I said, "No more!"

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/04/14 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by waterbug_wpb
you totally need to put a miniature daggarboard in there stuck between those coral heads.

I'll work on that!

Originally Posted by mbounds
I used to keep a reef tank (100 gal). It's kind of the inverse of a boat - where a boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into.

The tank's been gone for over 20 years now. The only thing left is the light fixture (which is now used to illuminate part of my workbench) and miscellaneous bits of piping, tubing and empty test strip bottles (they make great storage containers).

It was really cool when it was doing well - it sucked when the back glass separated from the tank - for the second time. I said, "No more!"

Thanks Matt,

The hobby of 'Reefing' has been thru many changes in the last 20+ years! My currnet run has only been 3 years.
Having a Display Tank failure doesn't sound like fun, for sure.

Posted By: waterbug_wpb

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/05/14 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Todd_Sails

Having a Display Tank failure doesn't sound like fun, for sure.

isn't that how Deuce Bigalow started?
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/05/14 07:01 PM

I have to move my 29gal semi-reef tank (have a few tube anemones growing at present) once every 5-7 years due to silicon failure at the glass seams. Good reminder to do the same on the boats...

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/09/14 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by samc99us
I have to move my 29gal semi-reef tank (have a few tube anemones growing at present) once every 5-7 years due to silicon failure at the glass seams. Good reminder to do the same on the boats...

If the tank is on a stable stand, I've never really heard of that being a problem.
Posted By: samc99us

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/09/14 06:29 PM

You'd think that...
Posted By: Jeff Peterson

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/10/14 03:45 AM

I had a friend with a huge fresh water tank that had a seam failure. That was the end of the carpet. Lucky for him, the tank was in the basement, with a cement floor under the carpet.

Posted By: Ventucky Red

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 05/15/14 10:14 PM

coll stuff Todd... Having been there done that I know the work behind it.. and the frustration too..

Keep sharing...

Re: Recent 1 min. video of my Display Tank... - 07/06/14 11:14 PM

I transferred everything from my previous 125g pictured earlier to my now 180g with a better overflow system 2 weeks ago.

My current 180g Reef- in my Family Room

[Linked Image]
© 2024 Catsailor.com Forums